ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10

I'm not sure Union has allowed more than 70 rush yards to any opponent, including 9-1 Ridgeview, 3A Abingdon and 6A TN (4A VA) Morristown West.

Think it was said martinsville would be a bad match up for one of the top teams or even maybe Appo ! Think that should turned around , that would be a bad match up for martinsville to have to play them . End result early exit !!

Glenvar and Giles not getting much love on here. Appo is favored, but don't forget the last three 2A state champs have come from Region C. I'm pretty confident this years winner in Region C will be the last one standing in Salem. .

Glenvar and Giles not getting much love on here. Appo is favored, but don't forget the last three 2A state champs have come from Region C. I'm pretty confident this years winner in Region C will be the last one standing in Salem. .

I think Region D has something to say about that, considering Graham beat Giles :p

Martinsville could spring an upset in the playoffs. They have the talent and play makers. These people kill me talking about Union and the best player on the field. Did that best player on the field win a championship last year!!!?????? Don't be surprised if Martinsville bites someone in the ass in the playoffs. Davis, Hairston, Wilson and Pettway, remember those names.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I bet Martinsville could score on Union!!!!! You people from Region D act like Union is Alabama or something. When was the last time Union won a championship?

BigWinner, neither of those teams you named is on Appo's level. They're on their own level until someone dethrones them, they just may 3peat!!!!! I'm not expecting Martinsville to win a chip but I hope that someone from Region C that wins the whole thing!!!!!

BigWinner, neither of those teams you named is on Appo's level. They're on their own level until someone dethrones them, they just may 3peat!!!!! I'm not expecting Martinsville to win a chip but I hope that someone from Region C that wins the whole thing!!!!!

Wanna bet, you ridiculous homer. Mitchell will be best player on field in any game he plays. Sorry youre butthurt.

Mitchell outrun the entire Appo team last year.

I GUARANTEE Graham and prob Union are on Appos level.

I bet Martinsville could score on Union!!!!! You people from Region D act like Union is Alabama or something. When was the last time Union won a championship?

No one has said that, you're just being dumb.

And I bet Union would beat Martinsville by 2-3 TDs

They very well could score on Union, but could they score enough to win? It's a shame that we'll never find out.

Wanna bet, you ridiculous homer. Mitchell will be best player on field in any game he plays. Sorry youre butthurt.

Mitchell outrun the entire Appo team last year.

I GUARANTEE Graham and prob Union are on Appos level.
"He out run" Appomattox so bad last year it lead to the first SHUT OUT that Union ever experienced!!!
He might be what everyone says he is, but he didn't show it that day. After he got hit a few times his willingness to try to make plays was gone.
Maybe he was sick or something???

Last edited:
"He out run" Appomattox so bad last year it lead to the first SHUT OUT that Union ever experienced!!!
He might be what everyone says he is, but he didn't show it that day. After he got hit a few times his willingness to try to make plays was gone.
He's referring to the screen pass on the 1st or 2nd play on Union's initial offensive possession.

And to be fair to Mitchell, he didn't have any chances to makes plays because Union's QB didn't have time to throw the ball. Appo's D was too fast and aggressive.

Reactions: AntGZee
He's referring to the screen pass on the 1st or 2nd play on Union's initial offensive possession.

And to be fair to Mitchell, he didn't have any chances to makes plays because Union's QB didn't have time to throw the ball. Appo's D was too fast and aggressive.
That could very well be true but I know there was an interception or two that he looked very "uninterested" in trying to make a tackle.

Reactions: oldfool
That could very well be true but I know there was an interception or two that he looked very "uninterested" in trying to make a tackle.
I went back and looked at the film on some of those. I wouldn't have been "interested" either if the ball was 2-5 yards away from were it was supposed to be.

QB was just throwing the ball up to keep from getting sacked. That was a credit to Appo's D.

We'll see what happens when the playoff start. Let's see if this best player on the field has heart. Last I checked football was a team sport. Not like tennis or golf.

Like I said, on paper I'm sure he is a STUD and maybe on the field too. Only saw him in that one game so that is all I can speak of.
#9 for UNION last year was a PLAYER. He was MUCH MORE of a factor in that game than any other Union player. He came to play ball that day!

The Appomattox D from last year made lots of good offenses look pretty bad. Some of D lineman spent as much time in the Goochland back field as their own running backs did.

Lee and Luray are solid teams . I predict an early exit for both . Both may just be happy to be there ! jmo

Appo put wood on him last year and made him scared, plain and simple.
When did that happen exactly? He barely touched the ball.

Just went back and looked at the recap on Appo's hudl. Never saw him get hit once. That's all the video I have to go on though. Perhaps you have some?

Last edited:
He ate some of Jenkins' brownies...

When did that happen exactly? He barely touched the ball.

Just went back and looked at the recap on Appo's hudl. Never saw him get hit once. That's all the video I have to go on though. Perhaps you have some?
They purposely kicked off to him each time. He got hit for sure on the first play of the game.

They purposely kicked off to him each time. He got hit for sure on the first play of the game.
I would imagine that he got hit on kickoffs, or we would have scored. haha

I was referring to "bone jarring" hits. The kid is not afraid. He's been running out of the wildcat since the 3rd game, up the middle, around the ends, wherever he finds a hole.

He gets hit hard by multiple people each play he doesn't score. He always gets up and is ready for the next play.

Appo won the game 43-0. No clue where the animosity towards him comes from. It's kind of weird.

You're right I went too far, but why wasn't other poster reprimanded for insulting a HS kid?
Hey no biggie for me we all get wrapped up at times. That's why I carry a salt and pepper shaker to season my shoe leather. I'm sorry if you feel like I insulted a player, seriously that is not me.

Appo put wood on him last year and made him scared, plain and simple.

I don't see where he called this player any names. Commented on his thoughts of the young man being hit hard and saying it made him timid. Right or wrong, that was his opinion.

I didn’t take what Bo Bob said as offensive. He’s a teacher and he wouldn’t maliciously attack the kid. May not have been the best of words..

Wasn't me that made the comment the guy is upset about.
Just trying to set the record straight. LOL

Last edited:
Appo won the game 43-0. No clue where the animosity towards him comes from. It's kind of weird.

I'm sure the boy is a great athlete. I'm just saying, in that game he wasn't the factor that people thought he would be. Like i said before, I thought the player that played hardest and was more of a factor was 9.

Further up in this thread it was said about him "out running the entire Appo team"; "being the best player on the field in any game he plays",...

If quotes are made like that then be prepared for someone to dispute them.
Appo was told the same things last year before the Union game about 82 being the best athlete on the field. On paper maybe,...on the field playing the game THAT DAY, no way!

Reactions: AntGZee
I'm sure the boy is a great athlete. I'm just saying, in that game he wasn't the factor that people thought he would be. Like i said before, I thought the player that played hardest and was more of a factor was 9.

Further up in this thread it was said about him "out running the entire Appo team"; "being the best player on the field in any game he plays",...

If quotes are made like that then be prepared for someone to dispute them.
Appo was told the same things last year before the Union game about 82 being the best athlete on the field. On paper maybe,...on the field playing the game THAT DAY, no way!
I think you're missing something. He wasn't given a chance to show what he had.

I would assume that Graves would be Appo's best DB, correct? He would still be Appo's best DB if he were sitting on the bench taking a water break, right?

However, if he's not on the field, he's not a factor. If nobody throws his way, he's not a factor. If the other team runs every play, he's not a factor.

It doesn't mean he suddenly isn't the best DB on the field anymore.

Mitchell wasn't a factor in that game because Appo took him out of the equation by pressuring the QB and forcing Union to run.

He did receive kickoffs, but that's not his strong suit. #17 for Union is actually faster. THIS year, he's been phenomenal on punt returns. I've actually lost track of how many he's returned for TDs. 5 I think??

I believe that you and anyone else talking about Mitchell being the best player on the field were arguing 2 different points.

The argument that he's the best player on the field(in games played thus far) is TRUE. The argument that he wasn't a FACTOR in the Appo game is also TRUE.

Factor vs best player are completely different things.

I could be a 5 star RB, but if I never get a carry in a game nobody is going to think much of me. Getting no carries wouldn't change my ability though.

Reactions: BigWinners
I don't see where he called this player any names. Commented on his thoughts of the young man being hit hard and saying it made him timid. Right or wrong, that was his opinion.

Wasn't me that made the comment the guy is upset about.
Just trying to set the record straight. LOL

He insulted him by calling him scared. And Mitchell did outrun the Appo team on a screen that was called back on questionable call.
And he's a highly rated 3-4* recruit, I don't see how saying he'd be best player on field is being overly homeristic.

I think there CAN be a difference in the most talented player and the best player on that particular night. 2 weeks ago at the Graham-Richlands game Taymon Cooke was by far the most talented player on the field but he didn't play very well (at least by his standards) and I left the game saying Richlands' sophomore kicker/punter was the best player on the field that night.

I think you're missing something. He wasn't given a chance to show what he had.

I would assume that Graves would be Appo's best DB, correct? He would still be Appo's best DB if he were sitting on the bench taking a water break, right?

However, if he's not on the field, he's not a factor. If nobody throws his way, he's not a factor. If the other team runs every play, he's not a factor.

It doesn't mean he suddenly isn't the best DB on the field anymore.

Mitchell wasn't a factor in that game because Appo took him out of the equation by pressuring the QB and forcing Union to run.

He did receive kickoffs, but that's not his strong suit. #17 for Union is actually faster. THIS year, he's been phenomenal on punt returns. I've actually lost track of how many he's returned for TDs. 5 I think??

I believe that you and anyone else talking about Mitchell being the best player on the field were arguing 2 different points.

The argument that he's the best player on the field(in games played thus far) is TRUE. The argument that he wasn't a FACTOR in the Appo game is also TRUE.

Factor vs best player are completely different things.

I could be a 5 star RB, but if I never get a carry in a game nobody is going to think much of me. Getting no carries wouldn't change my ability though.
Guess that is what I meant about, "THAT NIGHT".
I'm sure he is an athlete. Just wasn't a major factor that night.

Reactions: Union_Fan
1. Appomattox
2. Central-Woodstock
3. Poquoson
4. Goochland
5. Clarke County
6. Graham
7. Union
8. Giles
9. Glenvar
10. Ridgeview

Last edited: