ADVERTISEMENT

Top offensive coordinators in the state

A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

Who are some of the best OCs around? (regardless of the system)

Jeff Woody, always has an explosive offense. He does a great job of fitting his play calling to his talent.
I second that! Woody is also a good play caller. An art that's sometimes taken for granted. A good coordinator doesn't always make a good play caller.

The guy that changed the ENTIRE offensive scheme,in ONE WEEK,to attack a defense that was shutting everyone else down. The offense never missed a beat!

The best OC knows his personell....not the scheme!
Pooka Scott has a brilliant offensive mind! HSHS has had one of, if not the best offenses in the State since he arrived, 4-5 years ago!!

A little crazy that bob Christmas hasn’t been mentioned considering JF led the whole state in offensive production.... I think that kind of speaks for itself. Also considering the talent pool at JF isn’t near what it is at these other schools mentioned.

I guess when your team revolves around offense and you don’t pretend to care about defense you get ignored. It also speaks to why jf should not be mentioned with teams to beat. Can’t win without defense.

Reactions: lyhsports
A little crazy that bob Christmas hasn’t been mentioned considering JF led the whole state in offensive production.... I think that kind of speaks for itself. Also considering the talent pool at JF isn’t near what it is at these other schools mentioned.
Who told you JF led the whole state in offensive production?! Lol...Manchester tied the record for most points scored in an entire season,and HSHS was right behind them. Please show your proof/reasons for your statement!

Reactions: Hilltoperhokie
Where did you get this info? This season JF score 555 points. HSHS scored 739. Manchester HS score 819!

Who told you JF led the whole state in offensive production?! Lol...Manchester tied the record for most points scored in an entire season,and HSHS was right behind them. Please show your proof/reasons for your statement!
I was talking about offensive yardage* excuse me

Offensive yardage doesn’t win games.
So we aren’t talking about offensive coordinators? We are talking about winning games? I’m confused because the topic said best OC. Goodness y’all are dumb hahahaha. I feel like I’m talking to 12 year olds. My niece is 8 I ran this concept by her and she understood. Almost in tears laughing right now. Anyway.... my whole opinion was it’s wild he isn’t even mentioned given they led 4A in offense. Thanks

Seriously, yes jf has a good offensive system and coach Christmas calls the offense. However my point is that I would not put him on the list as top offensive coordinator because his philosophy prevents him from winning. Please don’t come on this board and call people dumb it will get you banned.

So we aren’t talking about offensive coordinators? We are talking about winning games? I’m confused because the topic said best OC. Goodness y’all are dumb hahahaha. I feel like I’m talking to 12 year olds. My niece is 8 I ran this concept by her and she understood. Almost in tears laughing right now. Anyway.... my whole opinion was it’s wild he isn’t even mentioned given they led 4A in offense. Thanks
Nothing against you. Just poking fun. Christmas is deserves to be in the conversation.

Reactions: jfcav1
Probably because it said Offensive coordinators not head coaches. I can babe several offensive minded head coaches worth mentioning.

Coach Christmas does a fantastic job offensively. You can’t shut that machine down. Same for Highland Springs and Manchester. Points scored matters so much more than yards per game. All three of these schools do a great job of getting people in the right positions and then giving them the touches. Great coaching and great programs. Fun to watch all of them and NOT FUN TO DEFEND ANY OF THEM!

I am probably biased because I don’t care much for jf or coach Christmas. They do have a very good offense and he does a good job with formations.

Reactions: wikki
I am probably biased because I don’t care much for jf or coach Christmas. They do have a very good offense and he does a good job with formations.
Would love to know your reasoning as to why you don’t care much for him hahaha. We can talk in person about it but I can guarantee you don’t know him personally or know anything truly about him. Thanks

Probably because it said Offensive coordinators not head coaches. I can babe several offensive minded head coaches worth mentioning.
He is the OC as well, he calls all the plays, it’s his system. There isn’t an “OC” there bc it’s him

Reactions: OCBoy
4A. And yes close. Check stats

Well what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Since you wanted to point out that it said OCs, not winning games, you cant then turn around and try to qualify it as 4a when that wasn't what was being discussed. Especially when HS and Manchester were 1st responded about by you and you said by yards not points, you didn't qualify it as 4a then. You just couldn't back up your claim so you wanted to change the rules

Reactions: springer76
Well what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Since you wanted to point out that it said OCs, not winning games, you cant then turn around and try to qualify it as 4a when that wasn't what was being discussed. Especially when HS and Manchester were 1st responded about by you and you said by yards not points, you didn't qualify it as 4a then. You just couldn't back up your claim so you wanted to change the rules
I'll say again, I'd like to see these Statewide offensive stats you talk about! I am a statistic minded person and can't seem to find that info on my own, can you share it? Please do!!

I'm a fan of Coach Christmas. He's a good coach in a tough district. How many teams run the wishbone anymore? They do what they do and good luck stopping it consistently. With so many teams running the spread, it's nice to see other offenses like the wishbone, veer, wing, and the I-formation.

I think the key to success is a defense that can contain the opponent's offense with only a few days to prepare. (especially in the playoffs)

Yes, @jfcavs1. It seems he doesn't have what I'm asking for, which makes me question his remarks about JF's offensive prowess!

They rolled up the yards but they were out gained tremendously in the games against glass, and maybe in a couple other losses. I won’t say they wouldn’t haves ranked highly but the two teams HS/Man scored at will and moved the ball on everybody nobody stifled them all year.

Reactions: springer76
According to MaxPreps, Jefferson Forest scored 555 points. In Class 4, Eastern View and Lake Taylor scored more with 660 and 658 respectively.

Eastern View averaged 47.1 ppg (14 gms)
Lake Taylor averaged 43.8 ppg (15 gms)

Jefferson Forest averaged 46.25 ppg 12gms

According to MaxPreps, Jefferson Forest scored 555 points. In Class 4, Eastern View and Lake Taylor scored more with 660 and 658 respectively.

Eastern View averaged 47.1 ppg (14 gms)
Lake Taylor averaged 43.8 ppg (15 gms)

Jefferson Forest averaged 46.25 ppg 12gms
EV hasn't scored less than 30 pts. in the past 2-years and that includes 6 playoff games.

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT