4. Blacksburg
5. Louisa
6. Salem
7. Eastern View
8. Kings Fork
9. Liberty
10. Millbrook
HM: Sherando, Amherst, GW, Lafayette, Glass
For Deep Creek do you think one signature win (Indian River) while playing two winless teams, a one win team and a 3-2 team warrants being rated #3?

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
For Deep Creek do you think one signature win (Indian River) while playing two winless teams, a one win team and a 3-2 team warrants being rated #3?

I think so, and definitely top 5. Historically they've had a great talent pool. Aside from Indian River, they've given up one touchdown. The comeback win without their starting qb at Indian River may be as impressive as any other top ten team's wins except for the top two.

I think so, and definitely top 5. Historically they've had a great talent pool. Aside from Indian River, they've given up one touchdown. The comeback win without their starting qb at Indian River may be as impressive as any other top ten team's wins except for the top two.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Prior to the IR game they weren't really tested. To be down by 2 scores at a very good IR team and fight back to take the lead, THEN make a goal line stand to win it. Huge!

They deserve the credit. What an impressive turn around. Also, if they do drop a game or two I still think it's impressive what they've done and would still consider them a threat in 4A.

Deep Creek the last 4 years:
3-8, 5-7, 0-10, 2-8.
Indian Rivers first 4 opponents- 5- 16.

Until further into the schedule I would go with the first ranking where KF, DC And Lafayette are in the top 10 but in the bottom half. Just my opinion after only half the season.

Last edited:
Understood, but new coach and a new season. I guess they will have to beat Smith to get some respect?
I respect them at 5-0 but just don't see them at this point at #3 but agree with the #8 position based on who they have played and opponents records.

1. Dinwiddie
2. Blacksburg
3. Monacan
4. Louisa
5. Eastern View
6. Deep Creek
7. Lafayette
8. King's Fork
9. Liberty
10. EC Glass

HM: Salem, Sherando, GW, Charlottesville, Millbrook

What happened to Salem this year? Started #1 now not even top 10?
2 reasons. #1 - Either defense not playing up to potential or defense was over rated to start with. #2 - Unless you have a future Tom Brady playing quarterback, having a non-mobile quarterback really hurts.

Whoooow! Blacksburg is good but they ain't deserving of a ranking higher than Monacan!

Honestly I think you can make a good case for BB Mon and DC so I aint mad at the order.

I'll tell you one thing. With BB success being a former 3a... BB losing to LB, Laf losing to Norcom, & LT losing to Pheobus... class 3 is eating our lunch this year. Let's just hope Dinwiddie blows out Hopewell so we have a leg to stand on.

I respect them at 5-0 but just don't see them at this point at #3 but agree with the #8 position based on who they have played and opponents records.

To be fair, by comparing opponents' records, one (not me) could make that argument against Lousia and Eastern View. Again, I'm not making this argument, because Lousia and Eastern View are legit and will be a tough game for anyone in this class. Lots of good football left to be played and this class may be more competitive this year than in the past couple years.

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Yessir you are correct. Weak schedule but the difference between them and a William Byrd is that the Hornets have shut their weak opponents down. The IR game is very very impressive and I don't think many 4a teams could beat them.

Yessir you are correct. Weak schedule but the difference between them and a William Byrd is that the Hornets have shut their weak opponents down. The IR game is very very impressive and I don't think many 4a teams could beat them.
Which opponents have Eastern View and Louisa failed to shut down?

EV and Louisa both don’t play anybody
You said the Hornets shut down their weaker opponents unlike EV and Louisa. EV and Louisa haven't shut anyone out but that doesn't mean they weren't shut down. 2nd and 3rd stringers on D gave up a lot of those.
Also is the "Wilson" on DC's schedule Wilson Memorial?

You said the Hornets shut down their weaker opponents unlike EV and Louisa. EV and Louisa haven't shut anyone out but that doesn't mean they weren't shut down. 2nd and 3rd stringers on D gave up a lot of those.
Also is the "Wilson" on DC's schedule Wilson Memorial?
Woodrow Wilson

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
Well EV may not have an extremely tough schedule, but JM is looking to be better so that's not nothing. Then Louisa plays Charlottesville (4-1, only loss is to a top 15 team in 4A in EC Glass) so that's not bad, and 5-0 Monticello.

Louisa left 21 points on the field. The first drive red zone fumbled snap, Bell getting cocky and dropping the ball crossing the goal line on the next drive, and a Jarett Hunter 95 yard kickoff for a TD was called back.

Last edited:
I have to be honest. all these rankings confuse me. For example did people actually walk away from the Salem/Dinwiddie game and think the better team was Dinwiddie? I have no horse in that race, but having now watched the game, the only thing I saw was Dinwiddie beat Salem in the point department and that's it. What were there 3 fumbles by Salem in scoring position? All I am saying is those teams at best are pretty close. If they played 10 times they might split. The team that should be ranked 1 would have to be Blacksburg wouldn't it? They took to Salem, right? The rest of the teams are just playing the schedule they have and really can't prove anything until they meet one of the big boys in the playoffs.

On a side note really enjoyed watching both those teams play. By the eye, Salem doesn't jump out at you, but very good at executing plays and Dinwiddie is fast including the way they run up and get to the next play. I like the style of play. It was a good game and was coached well. I see why both teams have done well for a long stretch.

I agree that Salem was better than Dinwiddie....without Big Pope, who plays both ways, and their best lineman. With them, Dinwiddie is probably a few scores better than Salem. I watched both the Dinwiddie game and Blacksburg game.

Reactions: OCBoy
I have to be honest. all these rankings confuse me. For example did people actually walk away from the Salem/Dinwiddie game and think the better team was Dinwiddie? I have no horse in that race, but having now watched the game, the only thing I saw was Dinwiddie beat Salem in the point department and that's it. What were there 3 fumbles by Salem in scoring position? All I am saying is those teams at best are pretty close. If they played 10 times they might split. The team that should be ranked 1 would have to be Blacksburg wouldn't it? They took to Salem, right? The rest of the teams are just playing the schedule they have and really can't prove anything until they meet one of the big boys in the playoffs.

On a side note really enjoyed watching both those teams play. By the eye, Salem doesn't jump out at you, but very good at executing plays and Dinwiddie is fast including the way they run up and get to the next play. I like the style of play. It was a good game and was coached well. I see why both teams have done well for a long stretch.
How is Blacksburg #1 when Dinwiddie beat Salem in Salem and slaughter one of the better 6a teams in Thomas Dale? I'm not getting your logic on how Dinwiddie wasn't the better team against Salem and they won...It sounds as if you're discrediting them. I have no horse in the race either but I hope you have to play Dinwiddie and they send your team back to Culpepper with a HUGE L.

Side note: Blacksburg is the real deal but make no mistake, Monacan and Dinwiddie are in a league of their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
Honestly BB would be number 1 but they got beat by Lord Bortetort. That is the reason they are not. I don't know how you could possibly justifying them to be ranked number 1 over dinwiddie based on that.

EV, Louisa, Monacan and Dinwiddie all have really good teams and will get to settle it soon enough.

How is Blacksburg #1 when Dinwiddie beat Salem in Salem and slaughter one of the better 6a teams in Thomas Dale? I'm not getting your logic on how Dinwiddie wasn't the better team against Salem and they won...It sounds as if you're discrediting them. I have no horse in the race either but I hope you have to play Dinwiddie and they send your team back to Culpepper with a HUGE L.

Side note: Blacksburg is the real deal but make no mistake, Monacan and Dinwiddie are in a league of their own.

Easy big guy. I simply watched both games and thought, Salem and Dinwiddie (in this game) were the same. Both very good teams. I just found the rankings of them so far apart odd. Blacksburg was clearly the better team when they played Salem. I would also like to play Dinwiddie in the playoffs. I completely understand we would be big underdogs. No discredit. I can't comment on Thomas Dale, I have not seen them play. I think all three (4 - Monacan) are probably who everyone else is chasing.

I have a few questions though..

Are you ok? You seemed to get a little emotional there on me.
Did you see any of the games?
If yes, what did Dinwiddie do to make you feel like they were the better team? So much so that you ranked them 1 and 6 (and ranked Salem behind Louisa?)
Your top ten certainly was interesting. Liberty and Millbrook. I would love to hear your thoughts on that.
Liberty played Courtland and the game was relatively close (I think 21-12). EV put up 40+ by half on Courtland. Running clock to start the 3rd.
And Millbrook gave up 30+ to Tuner Ashby.
I assume your just playing around, but it's hard to take you seriously when you put stuff like that out.

Now we are spicing the boards up :)

Easy big guy. I simply watched both games and thought, Salem and Dinwiddie (in this game) were the same. Both very good teams. I just found the rankings of them so far apart odd. Blacksburg was clearly the better team when they played Salem. I would also like to play Dinwiddie in the playoffs. I completely understand we would be big underdogs. No discredit. I can't comment on Thomas Dale, I have not seen them play. I think all three (4 - Monacan) are probably who everyone else is chasing.

If yes, what did Dinwiddie do to make you feel like they were the better team? So much so that you ranked them 1 and 6 (and ranked Salem behind Louisa?)
Your top ten certainly was interesting. Liberty and Millbrook. I would love to hear your thoughts on that.
Liberty played Courtland and the game was relatively close (I think 21-12). EV put up 40+ by half on Courtland. Running clock to start the 3rd.
I assume your just playing around, but it's hard to take you seriously when you put stuff like that out.

Lol I'm good bro. Just seemed you were discrediting the best team in the state. Yes I was at the Dinwiddie/Salem game. To go into Salem Stadium and beat the 2 x defending champ and then beat TD the way that they did... Monacan the same thing by beating Manchester. As far as the rest of the rankings, really don't matter. If you ask me, everyone else in the East is playing for 3rd and 4th place. Don't know much about Liberty but in the past they're slow, big but fundamentally sound., Good program and they've beat a quality team in Sherando. If I could I'd put Amherst and GW Danville in my top 10. They've played a very hard schedule. GW not as much now in district play, but I think those wins over LCA and JF were quality.. They just need to stop somebody. Amherst has probably played the toughest schedule in 4a.

Lol I'm good bro. Just seemed you were discrediting the best team in the state. Yes I was at the Dinwiddie/Salem game. To go into Salem Stadium and beat the 2 x defending champ and then beat TD the way that they did... Monacan the same thing by beating Manchester. As far as the rest of the rankings, really don't matter. If you ask me, everyone else in the East is playing for 3rd and 4th place. Don't know much about Liberty but in the past they're slow, big but fundamentally sound., Good program and they've beat a quality team in Sherando. If I could I'd put Amherst and GW Danville in my top 10. They've played a very hard schedule. GW not as much now in district play, but I think those wins over LCA and JF were quality.. They just need to stop somebody. Amherst has probably played the toughest schedule in 4a.
EV would handle Liberty by 2-3 touchdowns. Even though this game isn’t happening this year everyone in the area knows it’s outcome. Millbrook on the other hand has athletes across the field but not enough athletes to stop a good offensive team. I agree the 1/2 seed and 3/4 seeds are pretty much determined just not in any specific order yet. (Dinwiddie/Monacan and EV/Louisa)

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
EV would handle Liberty by 2-3 touchdowns. Even though this game isn’t happening this year everyone in the area knows it’s outcome. Millbrook on the other hand has athletes across the field but not enough athletes to stop a good offensive team. I agree the 1/2 seed and 3/4 seeds are pretty much determined just not in any specific order yet. (Dinwiddie/Monacan and EV/Louisa)

I have no idea on Millbrook or Liberty but they are undefeated after 5 weeks so they belong somewhere on the board. But I made 2 top 10's to point out I do not really think they are one of the 10 best.... but not too far behind.

Relax DSH, don't let EVcyc or anyone else get you too riled. The Generals appreciate your support, but let these guys go ahead and rank the teams the way they desire. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter If they want to put Courtland #1 its all going to come out in the wash. Blacksburg is a sound team no doubt about it and very well could get the chance to prove EVcyc's theory if they make it out of their very tough region. Monacan deserves more attention as they are the real deal and they are capable of beating anyone in Class 4 period. Dinwiddie, EV, and Louisa are doing what they need to do and winning each week. ECcyc, you may want continue doing your research on the Generals, because that is where your Cyclones will likely be headed in the second round of the playoffs if Monacan, Louisa and Dinwiddie win out as expected.

Last edited:
I have no idea on Millbrook or Liberty but they are undefeated after 5 weeks so they belong somewhere on the board. But I made 2 top 10's to point out I do not really think they are one of the 10 best.... but not too far behind.
Millbrook defense needs some help but they just want to outscore you. Big win over Kettle Run but outside of that game our schedule has been weak.

Reactions: mbonape1
Millbrook defense needs some help but they just want to outscore you. Big win over Kettle Run but outside of that game our schedule has been weak.

Hey if you are undefeated then no apologies necessary. Plus you just knocked off another undefeated! Just keep on winning games!

Relax DSH, don't let EVcyc or anyone else get you too riled. The Generals appreciate your support, but let these guys go ahead and rank the teams the way they desire. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter If they want to put Courtland #1 its all going to come out in the wash. Blacksburg is a sound team no doubt about it and very well could get the chance to prove EVcyc's theory if they make it out of their very tough region. Monacan deserves more attention as they are the real deal and they are capable of beating anyone in Class 4 period. Dinwiddie, EV, and Louisa are doing what they need to do and winning each week. ECcyc, you may want continue doing your research on the Generals, because that is where your Cyclones will likely be headed in the second round of the playoffs if Monacan, Louisa and Dinwiddie win out as expected.

I'm sorry, you guys are making me dizzy. Am I being punked? I was simply trying to figure out why Salem was ranked so low. I have no misconceptions on who Dinwiddie is, I just have seen a lot written to the idea that Salem was down this year. I don't know how you can watch that game and say 1 team is that better than the other. No one is trying to get anyone riled up, although that does not seem all that difficult to do. I don't have time to figure out if it is related to reading comprehension or personality disorders. But for me I am simply an information seeker, I was wondering why. Now, about Courtland being #1 :)

Good response EVcyc. To be honest, I was not trying to attack you or even question you. Blacksburg may be the top dog. Personally, I believe Salem will respond the way most of us expect. All any given team has to do is qualify for the playoffs and its a new season.

Whether you have or do not have misconceptions about Dinwiddie is okay too. We all have our opinions and yours is just as valuable as anyone elses. Thats why I asked my buddy DSH to relax.

The bottom line is in 6 weeks there will be 32 teams broken into four regions playing for it all. Other than poster pride the top 10 is irrelevant banter. Certainly nothing to get "riled" up about.

I was being candid about you researching Dinwiddie, but was not trying to be confrontational. Unless something funky happens EV will visit Dinwiddie in week 2 of the playoffs. It will be nice to face someone we have not played. I can promise you the Dinwiddie faithful are trying to find out as much as we can on the Cylones.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Good response EVcyc. To be honest, I was not trying to attack you or even question you. Blacksburg may be the top dog. Personally, I believe Salem will respond the way most of us expect. All any given team has to do is qualify for the playoffs and its a new season.

Whether you have or do not have misconceptions about Dinwiddie is okay too. We all have our opinions and yours is just as valuable as anyone elses. Thats why I asked my buddy DSH to relax.

The bottom line is in 6 weeks there will be 32 teams broken into four regions playing for it all. Other than poster pride the top 10 is irrelevant banter. Certainly nothing to get "riled" up about.

I was being candid about you researching Dinwiddie, but was not trying to be confrontational. Unless something funky happens EV will visit Dinwiddie in week 2 of the playoffs. It will be nice to face someone we have not played. I can promise you the Dinwiddie faithful are trying to find out as much as we can on the Cylones.
As the power rankings stand now, wouldn't Dinwiddie go against Louisa, and EV go against Monacan?

Yes, but if you do the math minus a few unknown bonus points at this point Louisa will likely outpoint EV in the end. Monacan could also slightly out point Dinwiddie.

This of course not a given and a loss by any of the top four teams could shake things up.

I just did the math based on OOD possible additional points, playing down bonuses, and undefeated season for all. Currently EV will accrue 10 bonus points for playing 5 class 3 teams, but there OOD opponents are not getting the wins they need to outpoint Louisa in the end.

I could be totally wrong on this one it was just a quick calculation. The only sure thing I know is if all four remain unbeaten and win in round 1 of the playoffs Monacan and Dinwiddie will host.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT