ADVERTISEMENT

Tuscarora vs Lake Taylor stats

Yes Woodgrove won the championship last yr. I also wouldn't say nobody in C4 would have not beaten them. The game is about matchups. Just because you beat LT last year doesn't mean you would have beaten EV too. Now this yrs LT team should be better than last yrs team because of another yr of growth for the key players. LT should be better next season for this same reason but someone could knock them off.

I do recall you saying they would lose to LT by several scores. You were way off. Just shows that you know nothing about that Woodgrove team. And yes last years LT team was definitely better. They lost their whole defensive line which showed through out the year. If you followed LT at all both years it was obvious who was the better team. The fact that LT had many players return from last year helped in the final. That experience is priceless. We also beat a great Blacksburg team (Babcock - Best Linebacker I saw all year). Sorry but we would have beaten EV, Louisa, Lafayette, EC Glass...but go on we will continue to celebrate.

Reactions: aw19752
I do recall you saying they would lose to LT by several scores. You were way off. Just shows that you know nothing about that Woodgrove team. And yes last years LT team was definitely better. They lost their whole defensive line which showed through out the year. If you followed LT at all both years it was obvious who was the better team. The fact that LT had many players return from last year helped in the final. That experience is priceless. We also beat a great Blacksburg team (Babcock - Best Linebacker I saw all year). Sorry but we would have beaten EV, Louisa, Lafayette, EC Glass...but go on we will continue to celebrate.
Nope don't think so. As you can tell we can't assume that you would have beaten all those teams. Enjoy last yrs win especially after how this yr ended.

Yes I did say they would lose. Woodgrove made some big plays that would be hard to repeat. They won the game that mattered. Blacksburg was not a world beater last yr. They were much better the yr before with Beck.

Yes I did say they would lose. Woodgrove made some bug plays that would be hard to repeat.

They made those plays all year long. After the 2cnd half of the Broad Run game they realized they could run the quarterback effectively. Then they opened up only against defenses that could stop the run (Tuscarora, Sherando, Lake Taylor). My son graduated in 2018 making your prediction look silly. As far as this years team I rooted hard for them. They lost 7 All-State players. Their record was light years better than your's predicting wins on here.

They made those plays all year long. After the 2cnd half of the Broad Run game they realized they could run the quarterback effectively. Then they opened up only against defenses that could stop the run (Tuscarora, Sherando, Lake Taylor). My son graduated in 2018 making your prediction look silly. As far as this years team I rooted hard for them. They lost 7 All-State players. Their record was light years better than your's predicting wins on here.
Lol. I did just fine in
Lol I do just fine in the pick em contest. You are just a troll . Coming back a yr later to brag about Woodgrove and how they could beat everyone in C4. Just because they win the title game doesn't mean they would beat everyone. Ex) Dinwiddie beat Salem, Louisa beat Dinwiddie and Salem beat Louisa. Would Salem have beaten Dinwiddie in a rematch? Maybe maybe not

Tell your son congratulations and he's welcome for the extra motivation off of a message board.

Reactions: BullRunFootball
Lol. I did just fine in

Lol I do just fine in the pick em contest. You are just a troll . Coming back a yr later to brag about Woodgrove and how they could beat everyone in C4. Just because they win the title game doesn't mean they would beat everyone. Ex) Dinwiddie beat Salem, Louisa beat Dinwiddie and Salem beat Louisa. Would Salem have beaten Dinwiddie in a rematch? Maybe maybe not

Tell your son congratulations and he's welcome for the extra motivation off of a message board.
Not understanding this guys motivation. Woodgrove was the beneficiary of Harvey’s injuring in the 1q and even without their best player it was a dogfight til the end. He’s had 365 days to enjoy it why rehash it now?

Not understanding this guys motivation. Woodgrove was the beneficiary of Harvey’s injuring in the 1q and even without their best player it was a dogfight til the end. He’s had 365 days to enjoy it why rehash it now?
Exactly!! I rewatched the game the other day. Looked like he initially got hurt on defense.
Congratulations on getting your program turned around.

Lol. I did just fine in

I'm no troll. You responded to my post. Woodgrove had 500+ yards and 30+ first downs in the Sate finals but you say it was a couple of bug plays. I'll let the stats speak for themselves. My original post was making the point that champions win no matter what. Yes Harvey went down, but so did our starting halfback (1,000+ yards in 2017) in week 3. And #4 was unstoppable in 2017 but played all year with a leg injury (notice leg brace) limiting him from being dominating as the previous year. Lake Taylor was the best team my son said he played all year, no disrespect to them. I honestly believe Woodgrove would've found a way to win in all circumstances due to their offensive balance and timely defensive stands. Your shot at this years team was more child/troll like.

Devils99 my motivation is to discuss high school football. I laid off the forum for personal reasons until now. There was some talk in regards to Woodgroves 2018 team that I responded to, while praising Lake Taylors team this year. Is that ok on this forum? or is the past the past?

It’s all about matchups. I get that you’re biased to your sons state championship year with a Woodgrove it’s just hard to compare different years champions against another year.

For example. Let’s say PH was able to slip past LT by pulling off the 2-Pt. conversion last week. Can PH now say they would have beaten Tuscarora in similar fashion? It’s why the games are played...

Please keep focus on 2019 finals. Woodgrove had its day.

I only commented on the 2018 Woodgrove team in response to others commenting on them this past week (not in a positive light). I also spoke to this years Lake Taylor's win over a solid Tuscarora team. You guys make me laugh. You'd rather a dead thread than discussing high school football. My original post addressed the topic being discussed (why certain teams expected to lose, Lake Taylor this year, win). I agree match ups are critical. Sometimes, I believe, one team is on a mission which separates them. Like your 2019 State Champs Lake Taylor. I'll never mention Woodgrove's 2018 team again unless in response. Happy :)

Reactions: aw19752
The one handed into and one handed TD grab were two of the best plays I have ever seen by a 6’2 225lb TB... he is not suppose to be able to do that. His recruiting stock had to go way up. Malik Newton played a whale of a game! Ridiculous
Totally AGREE!!

I'm no troll. You responded to my post. Woodgrove had 500+ yards and 30+ first downs in the Sate finals but you say it was a couple of bug plays. I'll let the stats speak for themselves. My original post was making the point that champions win no matter what. Yes Harvey went down, but so did our starting halfback (1,000+ yards in 2017) in week 3. And #4 was unstoppable in 2017 but played all year with a leg injury (notice leg brace) limiting him from being dominating as the previous year. Lake Taylor was the best team my son said he played all year, no disrespect to them. I honestly believe Woodgrove would've found a way to win in all circumstances due to their offensive balance and timely defensive stands. Your shot at this years team was more child/troll like.
No you are a troll. You come into the Tuscarora vs LT post talking about Woodgrove. You congratulate LT then you say they were a better team last yr. You can talk everything Woodgrove by creating another post. That way anyone interested in your opinion will read and respond. I come on this post to discuss this yrs championship game not yrs past. Sounds like you take things too personal to me. So I was wrong on my prediction the past 2 yrs. I was right in 12,13,14, didn't make make one 15,16,17
So that's better than 50% . The comment onon th yrs Woodgrove team was just a dig for your comment directed towards me. Congratulations on your upset last yr. Woodgrove is 1-7 vs Tuscarora. So yes most yrs Tuscarora is better than Woodgrove.

No you are a troll. You come into the Tuscarora vs LT post talking about Woodgrove. You congratulate LT then you say they were a better team last yr. You can talk everything Woodgrove by creating another post. That way anyone interested in your opinion will read and respond. I come on this post to discuss this yrs championship game not yrs past. Sounds like you take things too personal to me. So I was wrong on my prediction the past 2 yrs. I was right in 12,13,14, didn't make make one 15,16,17
So that's better than 50% . The comment onon th yrs Woodgrove team was just a dig for your comment directed towards me. Congratulations on your upset last yr. Woodgrove is 1-7 vs Tuscarora. So yes most yrs Tuscarora is better than Woodgrove.

For the last time I responded to the Louisa fan who on that thread said Louisa would give Woodgrove in 2018 fits. Earlier it was said in that thread Tuscarora was a better team then the 2018 Woodgrove team. These threads go sideways sometimes. You obviously want to read my posts. I also noticed when your losing an argument you always call people trolls. Build a bridge and get over it, I'm done discussing it with you. #SourGrapes

For the last time I responded to the Louisa fan who on that thread said Louisa would give Woodgrove in 2018 fits. Earlier it was said in that thread Tuscarora was a better team then the 2018 Woodgrove team. These threads go sideways sometimes. You obviously want to read my posts. I also noticed when your losing an argument you always call people trolls. Build a bridge and get over it, I'm done discussing it with you. #SourGrapes
You are the only person I have called a troll to my recollection. What argument am I losing? The fact that I believe another team could possibly beat Woodgrove last yr. Just because you win the title doesn't mean you would beat everyone. I even gave you an ex. If you want to talk Woodgrove football create a post in reference to your opinions and discuss your disagreements there. I didn't get to see all of this game so I'm watching it now. Newton with an incredible interception in the end zone. We can discuss that here if you like.

Reactions: Wolverine8319
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT