ADVERTISEMENT

Two nationally ranked Va teams scrimmage!!!!!!!!!

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002

the two nationally ranked high school programs are having a secret scrimmage.

Greetings from Richmond as two of VA's best basketball programs square off in a scrimmage - Bishop O'Connell at John Marshall. LOTS of talent on the floor. More later on @VaPrepsRivals - Matthew Hatfield.

Last edited:
F_eMtAsWAAQ7s67

Jmu Signee Redd Thompson scored 30 points in 3 quarters in John Marshall 82-65 win over nationally ranked Bishop O Connell;
later for the rankings no one can guard him!!!

#wlcfoundation
#assist804
@CoachQVA
@JayemMarshall

Every 2A school they play shouldn't even show up, ridiculous.

they have no desire to play any of you during the regular season
and do play both VHSL and others during the year

they only play you folk during the playoffs so....

Reactions: DJENKS2015

Well, we have no desire to play them either. so......Maybe just not show up, like JM did in football, when the VHSL makes no money from them in the playoffs ,that's the only thing that will get their attention

Reactions: Coach Chop

They do have the desire to play those folk or they wouldn't be going to and coaching at a 2A public High School. Plenty of Private schools or higher classification schools with openings every year. Take that job and the players with you then you wouldn't have to play those folk.

Well, we have no desire to play them either. so......Maybe just not show up, like JM did in football, when the VHSL makes no money from them in the playoffs ,that's the only thing that will get their attention
plenty of money is made during the regular season too so maybe you can get your principals to act with the VHSL to give JM the waiver they requested. They would rather be in Class 3 again.

They do have the desire to play those folk or they wouldn't be going to and coaching at a 2A public High School. Plenty of Private schools or higher classification schools with openings every year. Take that job and the players with you then you wouldn't have to play those folk.
or maybe you take your own advice if this is just too much for you to bear.

or maybe you take your own advice if this is just too much for you to bear.
Nothing makes you play 2A (or any division for that matter) except YOUR principal/school board. You can opt out of the VHSL and play all non VHSL teams. You just wouldn’t get to play in the VHSL postseason. So why do you insist on remaining in the VHSL? So you can use a public school facility at no cost? So your players don’t have to pay private school costs? I sincerely do not know the reason JM basketball does not just drop out of the VHSL. Stop with the “ they won’t give us a waiver to play up”. Why not just leave? Nelson County stopped playing VHSL football for several seasons. Rappahannock County did the same. Both played private schools during the time. There must be a benefit for JM to stay in the VHSL. I’m genuinely curious as to why?

Last edited:
Class 2 crybabies (what did you think I meant?)
Crybabies?!? You seem to avoid real questions that require real answers. I’ll ask again since you failed to respond the first time:

Nothing makes you play 2A (or any division for that matter) except YOUR principal/school board. You can opt out of the VHSL and play all non VHSL teams. You just wouldn’t get to play in the VHSL postseason. So why do you insist on remaining in the VHSL? So you can use a public school facility at no cost? So your players don’t have to pay private school costs? I sincerely do not know the reason JM basketball does not just drop out of the VHSL. Stop with the “ they won’t give us a waiver to play up”. Why not just leave? Nelson County stopped playing VHSL football for several seasons. Rappahannock County did the same. Both played private schools during the time. There must be a benefit for JM to stay in the VHSL. I’m genuinely curious as to why?

Last edited:
Crybabies?!? You seem to avoid real questions that require real answers. I’ll ask again since you failed to respond the first time:

you may find this hard to believe but basketball is only one sport at JM. They are Class 2 because their student population says so like all the other schools that are members. So not a real question.

you may find this hard to believe but basketball is only one sport at JM. They are Class 2 because their student population says so like all the other schools that are members. So not a real question.
Really? Tell me you don’t want to answer because the question makes you uncomfortable with saying it. JM can opt to NOT play VHSL in ANY or all sports. Nelson and Rapp competed in VHSL in all sports EXCEPT football. JM can do the same for basketball if they really wanted to. So I ask a third time, why not opt out and just go play whoever/wherever/whenever?

Last edited:
Reactions: M11H16D18H
Really? Tell me you don’t want to answer because the question makes you uncomfortable with saying it. JM can opt to NOT play VHSL in ANY or all sports. Nelson and Rapp competed in VHSL in all sports EXCEPT football. JM can do the same for basketball if they really wanted to. So I ask a third time, why not opt out and just go play whoever/wherever/whenever?
RPS won’t allow that from my understanding, that’s why they load up on in-season and Xmas tournaments. The board is stirred up already, going to be a long season. JM is again reloaded, not much more to say about it.

Might want to ask Richmond Public Schools....how a city the size of Richmond (the fifth largest city in Virginia) with over a quarter million people has two high schools that are in Class 2? Maybe because no one wants to live there or go to school there. So much that the coach at one of the said schools HAS to recruit ESPN Top 100 talent to come to HIS school through HIS ties with HIS AAU team. Kids coming from North Carolina and New York.... Now you tell me. How many Class 2 schools in the state of Virginia have this ability? Small rural communities and small city communities.... who have athletes who have to play two to three sports because thats all the athletes that school can get. These same athletes going and working a job on top of the schoolwork they are doing in school....out of season just so that their families can make it. Yet we have a manufactured public prep school whose coach is voted coach of the year because of all the manufactured wins he was able to make. Oh but he is doing so great by these athletes. Giving them a good home to stay in.... getting good food. Good places to live so that they can go get that money baby! Yes sir.... he is doing great alright.
I mean call it what it is. There is not one single school in Virginia in Class 2 that really wants to really play... the only reason that they do is the fact they love their hometown so much and the people who live there and support them with everything they have. Cant say the same for Richmond though. Everybody hates Richmond city that's why everyone has moved out. Get away from all the problems so their kids can actually get an educatiion. Get away from the city so they can actually have an enjoyable life. But yeah... because of that we will reward JM with all these perks now since bless their little hearts. They have got so so small....and all they are able to do is play with these small "Class 2 folks".

A friend of mine was actually at a playoff game involving JM and another Class 2 school and heard their fans and parents of their players actually talking down about who they had to play and whining about why they had to play these impotent Class 2 schools who gave no resistance to their powerhouse.
Ask the VHSL. they pretty much said hey......we will let you legally cheat and bring in all this talent and let your AAU ties just go along. Because hey....thats what we do nowadays. Its all about the wins right?

The VHSL is all about education....seeing our kids grow up to be productive citizens....and yes.... to learn how to cheat...legally.
Because hey....if you can cheat legally....you can definitely make some good money right? You can get by with about anything and everything in life right? No... we don't want to enable our kids. We want them to work and earn everything right? Bull crap.

Because....hey...its just like that nice John Marshall video.... they getting ready to head to the Addidas gauntlet while all Class 2 schools are going to these minor team camps with kids they just get for a month because they are involved with other sports. But John Marshall.... they more worried about their kids walking across that stage and gettin that money. Go get that money.... because hey.... that's exactly what all us coaches in Class 2 tell our kids baby. Go get that money!

Yeah.... I've seen a lot of basketball. The VHSL and John Marshall has taken the total purity of the game and turned it on its head.

People fuss about schools recruiting and getting this player and that player. They might just be getting a kid from a locality.

Pretty sure it isn't about three or four ESPN Top 100 players.

For people who supposedly run our "high school sports organization group" who are themselves or once was school administrators..... they don't have a lick of common sense.

But hey... someone has to fill up the Siegel Center in March...... got to bring in that money somewhere.

To all you true and real Class 2 schools out there.........best of luck. Its easy to know who you are. You come from people and communities who give a dang and know the difference between right and wrong.

Just another reason to be glad to not be from Richmond.......... can you see it? Can you start to understand? People are moving out of your dang city because its just not a good place. And this fiasco of a Class 2 school proves it.

But you know.........they gotta go get that money. Because thats all the world is about isn't it?

Bravo.... you really know how to teach life lessons to your kids. Have a God blessed year Richmond.... God knows that you need it very badly.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT