New Kent 18.0
Petersburg 18.0
B T Washington 17.75
Park View (SH) 17.67
Tabb 15.67
Southampton 13.33
Lakeland 13.0
Colonial Heights 10.5

Well, Phoebus loses to Bethel last night to go to 2-2 with a tough Woodside still remaining. Norcom has an impossible schedule with Lake Taylor and Maury left with a pretty good Churchland. Hopewell has tough games with Dinwiddie and other larger division teams. Lafayette based on results so far has 1 tough team left, 4-0 Warhill in their last game, with an up and down Poquosin also (last week they get whacked by Tabb and then dominate New Kent). York still has to tangle with Warhill and big rival Tabb. The conclusion is these ranking are going to change a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Well, Phoebus loses to Bethel last night to go to 2-2 with a tough Woodside still remaining. Norcom has an impossible schedule with Lake Taylor and Maury left with a pretty good Churchland. Hopewell has tough games with Dinwiddie and other larger division teams. Lafayette based on results so far has 1 tough team left, 4-0 Warhill in their last game, with an up and down Poquosin also (last week they get whacked by Tabb and then dominate New Kent). York still has to tangle with Warhill and big rival Tabb. The conclusion is these ranking are going to change a lot.

I think you may be mistaken about Phoebus losing to Bethel? I saw Phoebus 55-13 over Bethel? Or am I mistaken? But you are correct all regions power points are gonna change throughout this season...I think this is the toughest 3A season to predict a winner.

Reactions: mike salem
Well, Phoebus loses to Bethel last night to go to 2-2 with a tough Woodside still remaining.

LMAO. If you only knew how much of a laugh me and the fellas got off of this. The game wasn't even a contest. Phoebus has out scored city opponents 150-19 this year with all 3 TDs being meaningless.

LMAO. If you only knew how much of a laugh me and the fellas got off of this. The game wasn't even a contest. Phoebus has out scored city opponents 150-19 this year with all 3 TDs being meaningless.

I only went with the score on max preps as hr varsity didn’t post anything for quite a while. Glad I could provide some humor on the board. But except for Woodside there are only cream puffs left. Then the real season begins. The Peninsula District has gotten pretty weak these days. Heritage which used to be very tough when I saw them play Warhill in game 1 looked absolutely terrible. Kecoughtan even lost to Jamestown.

Last edited:

Yeah, based on the Tabb game, I thought NK would beat Poquoson, but the Islanders dominated, as you mentioned.

NK’s first two games that they went 2-0 those teams are currently winless. Then they play a good Warhill team and a Poquoson team that’s still good despite having a tough time with Tabb and they lose both games by 4 TD’s. That’s why it’s tough to judge a team on less than half a season unless they have played a known power. As shown against Tabb, Lafayette missed senior RB #1 Phillips for the first three games. Against Tabb with no practices or games to date he went over 100 yards and a TD and his presence allowed the other RB to hit 150 yards. The only issue on offense I see as significant is the Soph QB getting into a steady passing groove. Up and down, some great passes and the some bad ints.glad there are 6 more games and the toughest game being the last.

PHOEBUS did NOT lose !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT