ADVERTISEMENT

UVA

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
You know I am not a big UVA fan, I am a Buckeye and Hokie fan, but I dont dislike UVA like most VT fans.

But I'll tell you what. UVA is good for the community. Maybe all the teams do it, but my nephew had to have emergency appendix surgery Friday morning. While he was in recovery, a bunch of players came in to see him and the others on the floor. He is a big UVA fan so it made his day. Class act for doing that.

We all get caught up in our football/sports in general but there are far more important things in life.

With that said, if I have caused any strife or misread things on here I apologize. Let's get back to the real reason for these boards, love of our teams and positivity of kids.

God Bless

You are a good man Gunz. Very thoughtful and considerate. Have always been a respectful poster. I wish for a speedy recovery for your nephew. In life we take a lot of things for granted..Those football players gave your nephew a moment he’ll never ever forget. I remember like yesterday when I was 8, 9 and 10 years old. It meant the world to me to catch the little plastic footballs the cheerleaders would throw into the stands and my dad taking me to high school games in general. Moments I’ll never forget and it’s amazing how football can positively impact a person’s life. I know how much that meant to him and the other kids in the hospital that the UVA team visted. God Bless and thanks for sharing.

I tell you what a couple of years ago I almost lost one of my precious grandchildren had it not been for the great doctors and nurses at Uva Medical Center. They were able to correct her illness that couldn't be fixed here at home. That hospital is second to none and I will be forever thankful to them for saving my grandchilds life.

I have been in that hospital more than I want. My goddaughter who had a terminal disease was there quite often.

As for nephew, had the surgery Friday morning, was gone home in afternoon

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Know exactly what you mean Gunz i did the same when my mom was terminally ill up there years ago. So sorry to hear about your goddaughter and glad your nephew is doing well.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT