5 Essex (0-1) Lost to Goochland 14-0
6 Altavista (1-0) Beat Lunenburg 33-19
7 Patrick Henry (1-0) Beat Castlewood 42-0
8 Hurley (1-0) Beat Holston 70-6
9 Colonial Beach (0-0) Bye
10 Lunenburg (0-1) Lost to Altavista 33-19

Do you agree?

Last edited:
Probably more accurate than the Va Preps poll where they had Franklin at #9 for beating Liberty. Problem was it was Franklin County not the Franklin who is in 1A. Lol.

I'd switch lunenburg out and put PM in.. But that's just me.

And KW, I seen that too lol. Not sure Fran Co could win a title at the 1A level though..

Reactions: kwhs95fan
PM and Bland both will make an appearance on the list. PM has the ability to do pretty special things this year.

Sussex in my opinion should be no lower than 3rd. Athletes galore and will flat out smack you in the mouth. I feel they'll definitely be in the final four. Just beat 2 time defending state champ Trinity Episcopal last week.

Nothing wrong with that GW is like that this this season. Smash mouth from go might meet up late this year. And do you think they are on RH or Essex level?

I'd hold off on bland making an appearance on this list for now. Bland has been disimated by injuries. I've heard two seniors will have MRIs that could result in season ending injuries. Last thing I heard was they were down to only three upper classmen this week in practice. This roster was sophomore and freshman heavy to begin with only 8 junior and seniors combined.

Man I hate to hear that I hope they can come back. Do you think they can still hold there own against rr?

We'll see this week if PM actually deserves to make the list. If they win, then yep they should be on there (still no higher than 8-10 range). If they lose then they're just pretenders.

Nothing wrong with that GW is like that this this season. Smash mouth from go might meet up late this year. And do you think they are on RH or Essex level?
GW. Despite my screen name I'm associated with Essex and Sussex and Essex scrimmaged the other week. (Middlesex was also involved). Sussex and Essex was dominated by the defenses as neither team scored on the other. Both defenses were lights out and it was a hard hitting game. Sussex returned the bulk of their team that made it to the 3rd round last year. Lot of athletes on that team. I can't say anything about Riverheads as I've yet to see them but I feel like Sussex can matchup with anyone very well.

BCBbacker I really think coach harris does a good job. They had several skill kids back are those the kids that are hurt? Plus the two big sr backs/lber's

GW. Despite my screen name I'm associated with Essex and Sussex and Essex scrimmaged the other week. (Middlesex was also involved). Sussex and Essex was dominated by the defenses as neither team scored on the other. Both defenses were lights out and it was a hard hitting game. Sussex returned the bulk of their team that made it to the 3rd round last year. Lot of athletes on that team. I can't say anything about Riverheads as I've yet to see them but I feel like Sussex can matchup with anyone very well.
D wins games if they can't score they can't beat you. Seems like the top 4 or 5 are gonna eat the competition and then beat on each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: kwhs95fan
One of the two linebackers was moved to d-end but yeah one is definitely not playing and the other has been unable to practice. The other starting linebacker has been in a sling all week so he's probably out as well. May see a completely sophomore skill group on both sides. Going to have score some points i imagine.

What type of O do yall run again?

We run a Straight-T formation. The problem is, our offense sets up in a bunch formation and we're not currently getting good blocking. The size and potential are there, but something just isnt clicking on all cylinders with it right now... Rockbridge held Parry McCluer in check for most of the game last week until we went to a more spread out Wing T. Once that happened Jeremy Nelson started wearing Rockbridge down with power runs. If, IF, we stick with that we may be onto something. I suspect they'll go back that goal line style bunch formation though.. we'll see! If our line starts playing to their potential then they'll be a tough team for a lot of schools to handle.

We run a Straight-T formation. The problem is, our offense sets up in a bunch formation and we're not currently getting good blocking. The size and potential are there, but something just isnt clicking on all cylinders with it right now... Rockbridge held Parry McCluer in check for most of the game last week until we went to a more spread out Wing T. Once that happened Jeremy Nelson started wearing Rockbridge down with power runs. If, IF, we stick with that we may be onto something. I suspect they'll go back that goal line style bunch formation though.. we'll see! If our line starts playing to their potential then they'll be a tough team for a lot of schools to handle.
Line play is a game changer one way or another. If you have stellar play you will be an extremely tough out. If it's not on point things will look sloppy and slow no matter the type of talent at hand. Nelson is a beast with the right blocking he will produce. Best of luck I hope they get it clicking. What type of size do the Blues have up front?

I have to ask about the guy PM had in the early 70's was a great RB that signed with
Georgia Tech. I still remember that 99 yard TD he ran on Chilhowie in a playoff game.
He was something special...as I remember about 6'3 215 and could fly with moves.
I just can't remember his name??????

I have to ask about the guy PM had in the early 70's was a great RB that signed with
Georgia Tech. I still remember that 99 yard TD he ran on Chilhowie in a playoff game.
He was something special...as I remember about 6'3 215 and could fly with moves.

That is probably Rock Martin that you are describing. He was good but I think he played in the early 80's. Timmy Jones is the RB they had in the late 70"s. He was probably the best back to ever play at PM.

Jeremy Nelson did not wear Rockbridge down nor did any of the PM Backs. Nelson got lose on a quick pitch one time all night. It just happened to be right after the Rockbridge roughing the punter penalty on 4th and 24. That penalty and Nelson's run changed the momentum in PM's favor and allowed them to win. Up until then, Rockbridge had completely dominated the 2nd half. Rockbridge has not been very good lately and they don't know how to win. PM has been very good lately and they do know how to win. Good teams find a way to win and PM did that.

I didnt make this poll btw this is all from VA Preps
1 George Wythe (1-0) Beat Radford 56-0
2 Galax (1-0) Beat Glenvar 31-18
3 Riverheads (1-0) Beat R.E. Lee 35-0
4 Sussex Central (1-0) Beat TrinityEpisopal 26-20
5 Essex (0-1) Lost to Goochland 14-0
6 Altavista (1-0) Beat Lunenburg 33-19
7 Patrick Henry (1-0) Beat Castlewood 42-0
8 Hurley (1-0) Beat Holston 70-6
9 Colonial Beach (0-0) Bye
10 Lunenburg (0-1) Lost to Altavista 33-19

Do you agree?
Essex very well could start 0-2. They play King George this Friday.

That was Eric Martin

Hey Essex Trojan1 or other Essex fans, like Blaster said, guys please
Keep us posted on the score of tonight's game. It should be a good
One, and I hope the two monsters for Essex play well!

Hey Essex Trojan1 or other Essex fans, like Blaster said, guys please
Keep us posted on the score of tonight's game. It should be a good
One, and I hope the two monsters for Essex play well!
No problem...Will do. This very well could be another defensive game like it was last week. I know 4A King George will be coming for some revenge after Essex beat them last year. K.G. took some heat on here from some Battlefield District posters because of the 1A Trojans win over the 4A Foxes. I'm pretty sure KG will be seeing red at game time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT