ADVERTISEMENT

Varina @ Maury

Been watching Maury all year. I moved to Hampton Roads 3 years ago and Im a huge fan of HS football. I am a native of Appomattox (2A), won 3 states in 4 years and in semis to win 4 this year. Since being here, i love Phoebus and going to the games regularly. What i like about maury is that spread! I love a great spread and yall run it well. Appomattox does a great job at mixing in spread with Split Back Veer ( like Lake Taylor runs).

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Been watching Maury all year. I moved to Hampton Roads 3 years ago and Im a huge fan of HS football. I am a native of Appomattox (2A), won 3 states in 4 years and in semis to win 4 this year. Since being here, i love Phoebus and going to the games regularly. What i like about maury is that spread! I love a great spread and yall run it well. Appomattox does a great job at mixing in spread with Split Back Veer ( like Lake Taylor runs).
I saw Appomattox up close and personal Friday. I think they could win 4A this year *shrugs*. I know Graham is really good but I’d be surprised if any of those 3 teams left in 2A beats Appo. Tre Lawing is next up!

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I saw Appomattox up close and personal Friday. I think they could win 4A this year *shrugs*. I know Graham is really good but I’d be surprised if any of those 3 teams left in 2A beats Appo. Tre Lawing is next up!
boooom bro! Appo is well coached on D and O. One thing I LOVE about coach smith is he evaluates talent and puts them on field accordingly. He knows how to gauge talent and what to do with the gifts a player brings to the table. Lawing is the future and he knew that as a Freshman. Smith is a classy as they come! I can never say enough about him..

Last edited:
What happened to the kid from last year that was the qb for Maury? The one the came from Norfolk Christian Academy? Why is he not the QB this year for Maury, he was a Jr last year correct?

Is it me or is it that I've noticed outta the northern region school that you never hear anything no more about the older school any more like only hear about the school built like within the last 20yrs

I’m thinking it comes down to defenses that will win the game I’m not sure how good Maury defense is but varina is solid, I’m just gonnna say a close game but high scoring game

Reactions: springer76
That's my guess too, Varina 28-21. Wish it were up here, I'd definitely be there. If Varina's QB is on, they don't really have any weaknesses.
What I saw with this Varina team. They had a feeling that they could beat Highland Springs. They came oh so close in game 10 of the regular season. That game gave them drive and confidence to put this team on another level.
2 weeks later, they face their nemesis again.
This time they spotted weakness and came into the game with vengeance and exploited that weakness. They took it to HS on offense and squelched HS's offense with a smothering defense. They literally stole HS's confidence for over 3 quarters of that game.
HS did catch a spark very late ove a few Varina mistakes and mounted a come back.
Had it not been for that spark we caught at the waning moments of this game, it would have been a blowout!
If Varina plays their game and plays smart and error free. They will be in Hampton next weekend with that Title very much in their grasp.
Good Luck Varina tomorrow!
I'm sticking with
Varina 28 Maury 21

With little over 24 hours to kickoff what are everyone's final predictions.

I got Maury 38 Varina 24
Your score suggests a question I'm wondering...has Varina seen an offense as good as Maury's this year. Also wondering who has the edge on special teams and in the trenches. In round 2 of Varina vs HS, Varina's punt unit allowed HS to make it close. But, I just haven't seen enough of Maury to make a prediction.

Your score suggests a question I'm wondering...has Varina seen an offense as good as Maury's this year. Also wondering who has the edge on special teams and in the trenches. In round 2 of Varina vs HS, Varina's punt unit allowed HS to make it close. But, I just haven't seen enough of Maury to make a prediction.
That’s a good question regarding if Varina has seen an offense like Maury? I’d lean towards no. My biggest question is has Maury seen a complete team like Varina? I’d lean towards no as well. Both teams return a lot of players from last year that played that great Highland Springs team. Though they may not have seen these stated questions from above, this year, they definitely did last year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT