ADVERTISEMENT

News VHSL 6A & 5A Football Title Games on the Move to Hampton University

matthew328826

Publisher of VirginiaPreps.com (Rivals Network)
Staff
Jul 20, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
matthewhatfield.com
The Virginia High School League Executive Committee voted 27-0 to approve a move of the 6A & 5A State Football Championship Games to Hampton University's Armstrong Stadium after spending the past seven seasons at UVA's Scott Stadium in Charlottesville.

More Here

I smell some big traffic jams on I-64. I like Hampton and HU, but this move doesn't make sense. Same goes for moving 3/4A games from Lynchburg to Williamsburg.

EVERY VHSL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED IN LYNCHBURG OR CHARLOTTESVILLE.
These 2 venues are the most centrally located in the state according to my map.

I smell some big traffic jams on I-64. I like Hampton and HU, but this move doesn't make sense. Same goes for moving 3/4A games from Lynchburg to Williamsburg.

EVERY VHSL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED IN LYNCHBURG OR CHARLOTTESVILLE.
These 2 venues are the most centrally located in the state according to my map.

This coming from the guy who can't navigate Broad Street in Richmond & the giant parking deck across the street from VCU's Siegel Center!

You should also consider population center, not simply geographic center.

That said, it definitely will be more traffic volume in Hampton. Williamsburg won't have any sort of "bad traffic" for the 3A/4A games. Honestly though, people who don't use Waze or Google Maps to avoid traffic backups deserve to be miserable in traffic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT