6. Patrick Henry 23.25
7. Courtland 22.5
8. Huguenot 22.125
9. King George 20.33
10. Hanover 19.25
11. Chancellor 18.555
12. Caroline 18.125
13. Powhatan 18.0

i don't think this is correct... I was told we would actually leap frog Dinwiddie for a week after beating Bird. Hard to see how Louisa would have gained ground on us after we just beat a 5A Bird team.

@DinwiddieProud @BleedingNavy is this correct?

I am hand-typing this from the VHSL official ratings. So if it is wrong, the VHSL has it wrong.

How could Dinwiddie have extended its lead over us after beating a 3 win 3A team and Monacan beat a 7 win 5a team. Louisa gained a full point on us for playing orange?

Doesn't make any sense. Has to be a mistake somewhere.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
@mbonape1 this is correct. I just did the Monacan and dinwiddie #s. Monacan beats out dinwiddie until the bonus points are added in. Before the bonus points monacan was at 196 while dinwiddie was at 186, but the bonus points from the wins of the team's they have beaten, put them up.

Well, here is one of your problems. They gave Dinwiddie 8 bonus points for beating Petersburg, when they should only have received 6. Somebody should contact VHSL

The points are so you don't get punished for playing down. You get 20 points for beating a 3a team, 22 for 4a, etc. If you are 4a and play a 3a you get 20 points for winning plus 2 bonus for playing down. In actuality all it does is pull you back up like you were playing another 4a team. You'd have a hard time getting teams to play down otherwise. Additionally, you shouldn't be punished for playing your district schedule.

5A Albemarle has also been winning which helps Louisa. Still not sure how we jumped that much, though.
Looking through the schedules and Louisa's out of district opponents finally started putting wins on the board. Courtland is .500 after starting 0-4. Chancellor and KG also have multiple wins. Monacan has winless Wythe along with Hanover and G.A.
Albemarle winning lately matters not at all because they are district games. Louisa gets those points no matter what (assuming they win out or have played those teams already).
This week the opponents are Midlo and C'ville (about even points wise).
Next week Monacan has Hugenot and Louisa has Fluvanna (big advantage there for the Chiefs). Barring a loss the top 4 are set.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I’m not complaining guys my fault for not knowing how it works... I just want to make sure it is correct..

If it is corrrect then I have no quarrels

Louisa gained ground, because they have played three out of district games and received 2 points for their wins. Monacan played two out of district games and both of those teams lost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT