ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL RECORDS showdown

rainman17

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 24, 2012
Heritages Elijah La La Davis is the touchdowns in a season leader after breaking the old mark set by Monticello’s Hedgeman.

Grayson Overstreet broke all of Cedric Peermans old records, rushing and total td in a career among others.

Thoughts on this, has this happened before?

Reactions: Chucksteel72
A golden era of running backs in Central VA. I want to recognize the talents of Beck from Blacksburg, Basham from WB and Ramsey of Salem to go along with those fellow seniors. Rare to find this impressive individual running backs so close to each other and so dominant.
This game has marquee names in Davis and Overstreet but the QBs may decide the game. Get their early and eat a big breakfast. You will not leave it’s anything less than one of the best non-state title games in recent history.

A golden era of running backs in Central VA. I want to recognize the talents of Beck from Blacksburg, Basham from WB and Ramsey of Salem to go along with those fellow seniors. Rare to find this impressive individual running backs so close to each other and so dominant.
This game has marquee names in Davis and Overstreet but the QBs may decide the game. Get their early and eat a big breakfast. You will not leave it’s anything less than one of the best non-state title games in recent history.

Great point! In my opinion Ramsey is a fantastic back! He has all the qualities you want in a back. On and off the field. Beck is also a great athlete. It will be interesting where they use him at VT. Basham is a great back. The only downside is the mishap the week they were to play SRHS. Hopefully he overcomes that and continues his career at the next level.

I would also like to recognize Keenan Cupit for Jefferson Forest. At only a sophomore the kid is a beast. Just ask Heritage. He kept JF in that game running like a MAN. I'm very impressed with him. Next best back in the area? If he stays healthy. Even being a rival I am brave enough to give credit where it's due. Big, tough, speed, and good vision. His future is bright.

Great point! In my opinion Ramsey is a fantastic back! He has all the qualities you want in a back. On and off the field. Beck is also a great athlete. It will be interesting where they use him at VT. Basham is a great back. The only downside is the mishap the week they were to play SRHS. Hopefully he overcomes that and continues his career at the next level.

I would also like to recognize Keenan Cupit for Jefferson Forest. At only a sophomore the kid is a beast. Just ask Heritage. He kept JF in that game running like a MAN. I'm very impressed with him. Next best back in the area? If he stays healthy. Even being a rival I am brave enough to give credit where it's due. Big, tough, speed, and good vision. His future is bright.

Cupit is a BEAST!

I believe we would be remiss if we did not mention riding senior Frank Ross of Amherst. I believed he finished with over 2250 yds rushing and 25+ TDS. He will be a must watch next year as well.
I agree i thought about adding him to my post too. He had a great season. He Should be the best in the Seminole next season.

I believe we would be remiss if we did not mention riding senior Frank Ross of Amherst. I believed he finished with over 2250 yds rushing and 25+ TDS. He will be a must watch next year as well.
I believe he will, he was right there with Davis all year in rushing yards and touchdowns

I agree i thought about adding him to my post too. He had a great season. He Should be the best in the Seminole next season.
It will be interesting to see how Ross does with a completely new offensive line. I believe Amherst only has on returning starter on the OL. Anyone that knows anything about Seminole district football knows that OL play is usually the difference between an average team and an average team. Just ask Tucker and Johnson from Rustburg or Carson from Liberty,.

It will be interesting to see how Ross does with a completely new offensive line. I believe Amherst only has on returning starter on the OL. Anyone that knows anything about Seminole district football knows that OL play is usually the difference between an average team and an average team. Just ask Tucker and Johnson from Rustburg or Carson from Liberty,.
I believe he will be fine, maybe some adjustments need to happen

I believe he will be fine, maybe some adjustments need to happen
No doubt! He is a good enough player that he will have a good season. I just wonder if he will put up similar numbers as he did this year. Only time will tell I guess.

Per your request I asked one of the players you have listed. He said, "the guys in front of me worked their tails off all season, and I could not ask for a better group on or off the field. I had the best right guard around that I knew would clear a running lane every time because I have been running behind him for years. We were young and had some injuries but I wouldn't trade my teammates for anything."

Per your request I asked one of the players you have listed. He said, "the guys in front of me worked their tails off all season, and I could not ask for a better group on or off the field. I had the best right guard around that I knew would clear a running lane every time because I have been running behind him for years. We were young and had some injuries but I wouldn't trade my teammates for anything."
Lol, great response. Sounds like "he" is a great teammate. Only problem is, they didn't clear many holes this year. Rustburg nor Liberty was very good on the offensive lines this year and it showed. They both had a few weapons at the skill position but not much help in the trenches. That's not a knock against the kids personally, from either school, as I'm sure they were great teammates, great students, hard working, respectful, etc,. they just weren't very good football players. But that's nothing to be ashamed of as a fan, most high schools don't have great offensive line play. I will say that #54 Ruff from Liberty was an absolute beast though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT