3 Galax
4 Altavista
5 Radford
6 Sussex
7 Lunenburg
8 Wythe
9 William Campbell
10 McCluer

A little surprising but the season will tell.

Reactions: HokieTDTech
I dont know if radford should be in the top 10 they lost alot of talent from last year. A 5-5 year from the Cats would not surprise me at all. As for GW they should have a team capable of winning a state title and should at least be a top 5 team too start the year

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Couldn't agree more we have a chance to be a force this season. GW can be very special this season if it all clicks.

I just have to ask about some of the comments on the board. I agree about Radford lost a ton of talent and didn't they finsh 7-3 last year? Honaker is not going to be very good as they lost alot and the soft schedule may have them win a bunch but still not that strong. GW lost 8 off a defense and two 1000 yard rushers. I know they have talent and return a huge o line but really are they not a year away?

To answer your question about GW no we should be better this season. Our line as you said is MASSIVE! As far as the 2 1000 yard backs we have kids who will step into those spots very nicely. Everything we lost we have plenty to replace it and we will be faster this season. We have 6 backs who will see play time and a few kids who didn't play last year who came back. And we've had some transfer kids who are good lol. GW should be just fine this season we lost a few but nothing we didn't already have waiting in the wings.

A much more simple way to put it is we have more talent this season. More experienced kids in the right places. More size all around especially the O and D lines. And speed speed speed plus a power back or 2 lol. And our passing game won't be a joke either.

I can tell you are extremely excited about the 2016 GW football team. Just from reading your posts; they should be an absolute powerhouse and they will not be overlooked by any team this season. It is tough to play with the X on your back, and you will get everyone's best effort. Good luck to them this season and I am looking forward to seeing how some of their games pan out against the competition. Personally I think it is easier for a team to be slightly under the radar and just keep proving it on the field, but it is also fun to be the preseason favorite and dominate all the way to the end. Just from taking your word, GW should be more week 1 ready then any other team.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
As a life long GW fan and a 4 year player. I can honestly say this team has as much talent as any we've had. If they can click and play as a team we can be dangerous to any team we play. And I agree it's a lot easier to be under the radar and sneak up. We have everything we need to make a run. And don't be surprised if we pass more this season. Deacon Beamer has improved exponentially from last season.

You never know John I might have been on one of my story telling days lol. In all honesty how are the Rebels looking this season?

Nothing wrong with that I'll admit they proved me wrong last season against Galax. Maybe we can meet up deep in the season I've never been to the Cliff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT