ADVERTISEMENT

VISAA 3 divisions in football ... who will be appealing and moving down?

Aug 12, 2015
It is middle of July, and the football season is coming up quickly. With the VISAA going to 3 divisions in football this year, who will be the 1st team to try and get their current division changed to a lower division? It always happens every year. I don't think any Division 1 teams will be looking to move down, but I know some Division 2 teams will be trying to go play with the little schools in Division 3. Who will try it first?

Also, I really hope that North Cross chooses to stay and play in Division 3 this year, instead of moving up, so they can meet Roanoke Catholic in the State Finals.

North Cross is playing in D2 this year...playing up a division like they always do. However, North Cross and Roanoke Catholic play each other the first game of the season this year - August 26th.

One would think that NC would play in D3 this year. It has been a few years since their last title and you would think the staff would want to get this group of seniors a title before they leave. If they stayed in d3, they would be a favorite, and it would more than likely be a NC vs RC final. That would be quite an event for the city of Roanoke. BUT, if they were to lose to RC in the finals, Coach A may be forced out of town!

Thet have a shot in d2, because I think most programs are going to struggle with lacl of size and numbers this year. Going to be a lot of parity in d2 I believe

Word I got yesterday is that Greenbrier Christian and Portsmouth Christian have both made it known that they want to move down from Division 2 to Division 3 due to numbers. Have not gotten word on if it was approved or not, but would think that VISAA would be very careful about the way they handle these situations due to the controversy about it over the last few years. Not sure when the petition to move down was requested, but the VISAA rulebook says it must be submitted before August 1 of the upcoming season. Will be interested to see if the appeals were made before August 1st and then see if VISAA will stick by their rule or just let this slide by like past years.

Also, North Cross looks like they will play up in Division 2 instead of where their numbers but them down in Division 3.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT