kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
1. Lancaster- Return just about everyone
2. Twin Springs- Lane and Owens return.
3. Auburn- Return everyone but E. Millirons
4. Northampton- 2 sophomores and 1 freshman on All Region this year
5. George Wythe- Just about entire team was freshman and sophomores this year.
6. Altavista- Stuart Hunt returns for his senior year.
7. Buffalo Gap- Key players Return, led by Bowers
8. Eastside- Eli McCoy will once again lead the Spartans
9. West Point- Lose McCullouch, but 3 good guards return
10. Grundy- Extremely young this year

Others: Washington and Lee, Riverheads

Nice of you to include my Gladiators. They lost a bunch of close ones this year and could have easily had about a 14-15 win season. Their JVs had some decent size and could hit from outside. So next year will be an interesting blend of the old and the new. But as your headline says.......way too early to think about next year!

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Nice of you to include my Gladiators. They lost a bunch of close ones this year and could have easily had about a 14-15 win season. Their JVs had some decent size and could hit from outside. So next year will be an interesting blend of the old and the new. But as your headline says.......way too early to think about next year!
Definitely way too early, but I already can't wait for next season. I'll probably go into hibernation as far as high school sports go, as I'm not a huge spring sports guy. Is it August yet? Lol

Bland County finished 8-14 and had some close losses. Beat Narrows once and beat Fort Chiswell once. Played George Wythe within 4 points and 6 points. Returns all 5 starters including the first 2 off the bench. They will win a lot more games next year than they lose and might end up around that 10th spot when all is said and done.

1. Lancaster- Return just about everyone
2. Twin Springs- Lane and Owens return.
3. Auburn- Return everyone but E. Millirons
4. Northampton- 2 sophomores and 1 freshman on All Region this year
5. George Wythe- Just about entire team was freshman and sophomores this year.
6. Altavista- Stuart Hunt returns for his senior year.
7. Buffalo Gap- Key players Return, led by Bowers
8. Eastside- Eli McCoy will once again lead the Spartans
9. West Point- Lose McCullouch, but 3 good guards return
10. Grundy- Extremely young this year

Others: Washington and Lee, Riverheads
Narrows finished up 17-7 with 3 of the 7 loses coming to PM, and 2 of those 3 loses were dogfights. Narrows has been a solid team for the last 3 or 4 years and is also very young. They started a couple juniors and a couple sophmores and may just have the best sophmore in SWVA and Roanoke area.

Last edited:
Narrows finished up 17-7 with 3 of the 7 loses coming to PM, and 2 of those 3 loses were dogfights. Narrows has been a solid team for the last 3 or 4 years and is also very young. They started a couple juniors and a couple sophmores and may just have the best sophmore in SWVA and Roanoke area.
Don’t think that 2 of 3 were dogfights, first game at PM was only close game, at Narrows it was over in first minute of 2nd half, PM won by double digits. Pioneer Tournament was a blowout

Don’t think that 2 of 3 were dogfights, first game at PM was only close game, at Narrows it was over in first minute of 2nd half, PM won by double digits. Pioneer Tournament was a blowout

Im just going by what I saw on this board and on social media. Narrows returns all but one starter, and Pruitt is already the best player in region 1C . Everyone that came off the bench was a junior or Sophomore, and the JV team went undefeated. Narrows will be the favorite in the Pioneer for the next couple years, and a top contender in Region 1C along with GW and Auburn.

I wasn’t referring to next year, just saying 2 of 3 games THIS YEAR were close, they weren’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT