ADVERTISEMENT

Way Too Early Top 5

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
After the release of the All-State teams, wanted to put together my personal preseason Top 5 for next season in Class 3. I only feel solid about the top 5 given the returners, anyone have any insights to the rest of the squads that should be good next year?

1. Hopewell
2. Northside
3. Lake Taylor
4. Spotswood
5. Cave Spring

Next up: Tunstall, Staunton, Phoebus? Skyline?

Well Cave Spring loses 4 starters, 3 of whom started on the 2022 championship team, and 2 of whom just made all-state. There’s no way they are too 5 unless they get some transfers from within the area.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Well Cave Spring loses 4 starters, 3 of whom started on the 2022 championship team, and 2 of whom just made all-state. There’s no way they are too 5 unless they get some transfers from within the area.

I agree with Northside being able to make a run. Great backcourt. Better find some size though- to the Roanoke transfer portal.
Fair on both. I'm mostly penciling in Cave because of how successful they are, it is clear they will need to replace a lot but they have won two state titles in four years, I expect them to reload well but yet again there are probably some teams with more returning experience that deserve that #5 spot. Northside does need size, but they were still very young last year so expect plenty of success. Spotswood in the same boat, two sophomores on the all state team for them.

Yes hopewell returns 4 starter plus the 6'10 freshman who played every game and Chris Johnson 6'5 Reserve. I think they will be a tough out for anyone they play especially it james the 6'10 kid continues to develop and the bench play is good. But cam mines is a stud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT