ADVERTISEMENT

Week 10 Pick em comments

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
For Pick em Playoffs indicate whether you would like to have Top 32 and no Byes, OR Top 24 with the Top 4 receiving Byes at the bottom of your picks.

Top 32 advantage more pickers get to play
Top 32 disadvantage no Byes for Top 4

Top 24 advantage Top 4 get a Bye
Top 24 disadvantage less pickers get to play

For Pick em Playoffs indicate whether you would like to have Top 32 and no Byes, OR Top 24 with the Top 4 receiving Byes at the bottom of your picks.

I go with whatever you say is going to happen....

Reactions: Lineheart
Mike, I think this is the toughest 16 games yet. I don't see any that are a slam dunk.

Danny Lewis' private pool is easier by comparison. He asked the participants to name their favorite high school, college, and pro teams before the season starts. Then he uses those teams each week. Some of which are the pretty one sided. But, even so, I have managed to make some really dumb pics! The women are kicking our butts over there this year.

Thanks Mike, for all that you do. I speak for the masses when I tell you that we appreciate the hard work you put into the pick em each week.

Big one coming up for us @ Western. We could possibly finish 4-6 after starting 4-1. I think the only way we make the playoffs is if we beat Western and Louisa and go 6-4.

Re-cycling old avatars there, Mike?

By the way, is that the picture that one of our long term members of the forum took with his drone a couple of years ago?

Re-cycling old avatars there, Mike?

By the way, is that the picture that one of our long term members of the forum took with his drone a couple of years ago?
No DP this is from Friday nights game. It's a picture taken with my very own camera. I sent you an email this afternoon concerning this picture because I submitted it to WDBJ and it was selected to run online and I think it's in a photo contest?

http://wdbjtv.mycapture.com/mycaptu...2033811&CategoryID=84651&CollectionID=0&Sort=

Thanks. I passed through Zion Crossroads (Hoosville) today. That place has turned into a metropolis. The City folks have no clue what we are talking about. Verizon said we may have DSL BY 2025. LOL...

Yeah I wouldn't mind moving there for some real Internet, and they have nice apartments/townhomes coming up across from Spring Creek, but I only live 15 minutes away.

@BleedingNavy get you one of these! Or something similar. https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/wilson-db-pro-4g-yagi-65db-amplifier-kit-460103/

My Verizon phone's hotspot is my main Internet and that booster helps a lot, I helped install it at our house. Install the outdoor antenna on your roof or a tall pole, wire it to the amp and other antenna in the room you want a strong signal. Saves a lot of money and headache in the long run.

How much does it sell for. I need one for just my cell phone reception. I have DSL, but it's slow and weak. I'm at the extreme of their coverage area. In fact, I have Excede also. I plan to drop all things Verizon soon.

Will be back in UVA land (Charlottesville) again tomorrow for training at the Regional Jail. Saw the Mustangs field today. Nice Stadium, but the turf is too busy (lines everywhere). Nice view though.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
How much does it sell for. I need one for just my cell phone reception. I have DSL, but it's slow and weak. I'm at the extreme of their coverage area. In fact, I have Excede also. I plan to drop all things Verizon soon.
Tell the truth. You live past bumb f $*k Egypt.

Will be back in UVA land (Charlottesville) again tomorrow for training at the Regional Jail. Saw the Mustangs field today. Nice Stadium, but the turf is too busy (lines everywhere). Nice view though.

Maybe so, but at least I don't have to take training to learn how to be an inmate.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Clarkefan must be asleep. Quiet as a mouse. Guess they roll the streets up in Berryville at 7:30?

Most run around $400-$500 but it'll definitely let you be able to drop Excede if you ever decide to go the mobile hotspot route. I'm grandfathered into unlimited data with Verizon so I just use the built in hotspot.

Yeah I agree on the lines. Check out Charlottesville High's stadium too, it's right off 250 next to the new John Warner parkway.

Hoos, how far is the Jungle from 64? May come and take a look at the Zoo. Saw Charlottesville and Monticello today. May sneak a peek of Louisa's practice. Lol....

About 15 minutes from 64 if you take exit 148. Take the middle school entrance, make the immediate right and drive around the middle school toward the metal gym and baseball fields for a great view of the Jungle. You can't really see it from the main road.

Last edited:
They old man has fallen asleep, I think. No response to my text either. When you are that old, you need your rest.

The complex and field is very nice ar Charlottesville. Really like the scoreboard. I really like artificial surfaces, but most have too many different colored lines.

Both of the fields I visited today are quality high school fields. Both schools should be proud.

DP, I was doing my darn homework for class tomorrow and now I am hitting the hay. Have to be in Hooville by 8:00 a.m. 1 hour 50 minute drive for me. Saving taxpayers dollars by commuting. Even drove my own vehicle. Could'nt see the fields in a state car.

I dropped my verizon land line completely. I now have Comcast internet and Direct TV and I couldn't be happier!

Clarkefan must be asleep. Quiet as a mouse. Guess they roll the streets up in Berryville at 7:30?
Ha. Ha. Ha. Getting yet another freezer delivered last night because the first one made so much noise. Had to wait another week. Thankfully, this one isn't making noise. So tonight I get to move 600+ pounds of beef from various neighbors houses back to mine.

DP, I was doing my darn homework for class tomorrow and now I am hitting the hay. Have to be in Hooville by 8:00 a.m. 1 hour 50 minute drive for me. Saving taxpayers dollars by commuting. Even drove my own vehicle. Could'nt see the fields in a state car.
Worked for the state for 15 years and had a state vehicle assigned to me. Nice but it does preclude any related wandering!!

Exactly. I have seen people reported for eating lunch at McDonalds. Most people dont abuse or take advantage of state cars, but people just seem to make false allegations and assume workers are getting over.

If they knew how much many of us give back and do things without pay they would be ashamed.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT