ADVERTISEMENT

Week 10 top 10

First off nobody was talking to you and I didn't write the post to start anything I was just simply stating the obvious the east has better teams then the west this year but I hope GW make deep in to the playoffs this year so Sussex or franklin can come drag them up and down the field and for the record GW barley won in 2012 when they came to the armory it was one bad play call that cost franklin that game they were driving on you all and coach called a stupid pass play and it was a bad pass that went striate to the defender it wasn't like the back was playing good d the ball sailed and landed in his hands so don't get up here and lie to these people who wasn't at the game and act like it was a total domination. I'm praying GW gets the 1 SEED IN THE WEST.LETS GO GW MORONS :)

He's not a GW fan.

That was a great game in Franklin in 2012. Both teams played their tails off. You guys certainly didn't curl up into any fetal position. But he's right about one thing...The lip was pretty dang bad that week leading up to the game. We were supposed to travel nearly 6 hours to get whipped by what some of you guys were saying was possibly the greatest 1A team ever fielded in the Armory...

But we showed up, anyway.

There was no intimidation from either side. It was just a hard-nosed high school playoff game, and the kids from both teams deserve a good deal of respect for that. The posters from Franklin, however, didn't deserve any. They where ghosts around here. Except for that Terrance fella. He came back around, and was classy in defeat even though he was one of the trash talkers leading up to the game.

So call us Morons if you'd like. Rest assured we've heard all that before. But if we do happen to meet again, you should take note from 2012 and realize that words are simply words. No one can stop the lip, but don't forget that you'll have a football game to play.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
He's not a GW fan.

That was a great game in Franklin in 2012. Both teams played their tails off. You guys certainly didn't curl up into any fetal position. But he's right about one thing...The lip was pretty dang bad that week leading up to the game. We were supposed to travel nearly 6 hours to get whipped by what some of you guys were saying was possibly the greatest 1A team ever fielded in the Armory...

There was no intimidation from either side. It was just a hard-nosed high school playoff game, and the kids from both teams deserve a good deal of respect for that. The posters from Franklin, however, didn't deserve any. They where ghosts around here. Except for that Terrance fella. He came back around, and was classy in defeat even though he was one of the trash talkers leading up to the game.

So call us Morons if you'd like. Rest assured we've heard all that before. But if we do happen to meet again, you should take note from 2012 and realize that words are simply words. No one can stop the lip, but don't forget that you'll have a football game to play.

I agree! Being a Sussex alum I can appreciate a hard nose playoff game. These are all great programs. Best of luck to everyone but I definitely hope my Tigers can bring it home to Sussex...maybe then we can earn some respect lol

Reactions: gw_loyal
He's not a GW fan.

This woodlayer guy...he was one of the smack talkers that year but using a different screen name. Can't remember what it was but he disappeared after that game. Anyway, his big thing to do is misspell your schools name or nickname as a form of insult. He acts like a 12 year old.

Reactions: gw_loyal
This woodlayer guy...he was one of the smack talkers that year but using a different screen name. Can't remember what it was but he disappeared after that game. Anyway, his big thing to do is misspell your schools name or nickname as a form of insult. He acts like a 12 year old.

SO how exactly did Sussex get involved? You went at woodlayer and made a bad assumption..he is from Franklin. For information purposes only...it is an insult to label a community because of one person...just my two cents

SO how exactly did Sussex get involved? You went at woodlayer and made a bad assumption..he is from Franklin. For information purposes only...it is an insult to label a community because of one person...just my two cents

Now that I do agree with. Though both schools followers do their fair share of smack talk on these boards. I was wrong about where he was from..where is tiger15 at these days?

Now that I do agree with. Though both schools followers do their fair share of smack talk on these boards. I was wrong about where he was from..where is tiger15 at these days?

Glad we can agree...honestly every fan talks a little smack here and there. We as adults have to remember that certain lines shouldn't be crossed! I appreciate the dialog and different perspectives on teams in 1A. If it wasn't for these discussions I wouldn't know about half the schools on the other side of 1A(West).

Reactions: 20Bronco06 and mmqp
As a player back in the 90s I played against Sussex numerous times. They were hard hitting and physical then and still are now. Personally I've never had any issue with any of their fans and The Sel2 who writes for Preps is from Sussex and we actually played against each other and he is now a personal friend and one of the classiest guys you'll ever meet

When it all comes down to it we are all just fans of the same sport. Yes some of us are aholes myself included but the respect is there. I can only speak for me but I have respect for all of you guys. Yes even HonestJohn, Fort89, Arnsparger ect even if we have words. It doesn't change the fact that we are all passionate about FOOTBALL and I respect the hell out of that. This is a game that 99% of us have given so much to and thank you all for that. Do I down teams yes could I go about it in a better way yes. But as many have said we are adults here and not a one of us can affect the outcome on Friday night. That is a task left to the young men who lace em up all week to prepare. We are just observers with bold opinions who voice those opinions. Our days of playing under those lights are done and gone. So the talk of my team will destroy your or yours will destroy mine doesn't matter. It's all just words so my arrogant ass and everyone else can voice that opinion but the kids are the athletes. And they all deserve that respect anyway rant over best of luck to everyone going forward. Even if you beat my beloved MAROONS I still respect you. GO MAROONS!

Last edited:
When it all comes down to it we are all just fans of the same sport. Yes some of us are a holes myself included but the respect is there. I can only speak for me but I have respect for all of you guys. Yes even HonestJohn, Fort89, Arnsparger ect even if we have words. It doesn't change the fact that we are all passionate about FOOTBALL. and I respect the hell out of that. This is a game that 99% of us have given so much to and thank you all for that. Do I down teams yes could I go about it in a better way yes. But as many have said we are adults here and not a one of us can affect the outcome on Friday night. That is a task left to the young men who lace em up all week to prepare. We are just observers with bold opinions who voice thise opinions. Our days of playing under those lights are done and gone. So the talk of my team will destroy your or yours will destroy mine doesn't matter. It's all just words so my arrogant ass and everyone else can voice that opinion but the kids are the athletes. And they all deserve that respect anyway rant over best of luck to everyone going forward. Even if you beat my beloved MAROONS I still respect you. GO MAROONS!

Good points!

Glad we can agree...honestly every fan talks a little smack here and there. We as adults have to remember that certain lines shouldn't be crossed! I appreciate the dialog and different perspectives on teams in 1A. If it wasn't for these discussions I wouldn't know about half the schools on the other side of 1A(West).
Thank you for saying this..everybody talk smack..hate that fact people just think its certain schools and then base one incident and then categorize that school as trash talkers..because i played at and been to plenty of schools out of VA..this wouldnt even consider trash talk lol

Reactions: TIGER...NATION
Thank you for saying this..everybody talk smack..hate that fact people just think its certain schools and then base one incident and then categorize that school as trash talkers..because i played at and been to plenty of schools out of VA..this wouldnt even consider trash talk lol

Hey, we all have our bad apples. I know we have our resident bad apple that hangs around here a lot. I get it. I don't mind a little trash talk at all.

But that week leading up to Franklin/GW was absurd. I didn't have a single problem with it, but pretty much all the Franklin folks scurried away after that game. I don't hold that in high regard.

And considering your "joined date" says 10/27/12 and the fact that I remember you....I'd say you were one of those ghosts I mentioned earlier.

The crazy thing is that we as Sussex Central fans actually respect GW...thats a good program. That Honaker game was some bs that VHSL officials should have investigated. Seriously!!! The way that game was called was awful but we lost so it is what it is. We respect certain programs...Galax, GW, Altavista, Riverheads, Essex, Central Lunenburg, Powell Valley, Definitely Franklin, the old Clintwood program just to name a few. These teams we know produce or we have been in battles with ourselves. Teams like PM, Hurley, and Covington we just dont respect bc we havent seen them do so...i mean we have put up 60 to 80 points on these teams. This is a new year so they could easily come and beat anybody but please dont come for Sussex Central or Franklin...we have been quiet not bothering anyone. For you to even mention us though...says a lot. We appreciate you.

some folks on here i would love to meet in person. I would love to google some of you...probably were the guys getting towels and water bottles in high school. i bet mmqn was one of those guys. I would love to have lined up against him. Or him come to a sussex practice for a week. Him in his prime...in any decade wouldnt make it in sussex and probably not franklin.

See MMQP look what you did you should be ashamed of yourself :) but all jokes aside I have never changed my name up here and I can take a butt whipping.I don't know what program mmqp stands behind but best of luck to your program because you are gonna need it if you guys make it deep in the playoffs because the east isn't playing this year. I have the up most respect for the west me and Terrence stood side by side and watched that GW game in 2012 we didn't hide if you talk to Terrence that day then more than likely you talked to me its nothing better than trash talk so please don't talk this to heart its all fun in games. So mmqp please stand up and let everyone who you are representing because you got me in trouble with the GW fans they think I called them morons i just assumed because of the way you jump on their band wagon being that GW won the game.

Reactions: Dtayl6
Woodlazy and tucktayl still gibbering those lips I see..

If you cant handle what you read, DONT READ IT. Plan and simple. What's a little football with a lot of trash talking going to hurt. At the end of the day, it's just a game. We all loved to play it, watch it and talk about it but we can all live without it. Have fun doing what you do, some people will like it and some want. Who cares either way.

Just checking in and see this comment about teams producing. You obviously must be a young man because PM won 5 state championships from 1979 to 1987 and should have won 2 more in that time period. I would definitely think that 5 State Championships should earn a little respect. This from an old timer that played for PM during that time.

If you look carefully he said that "we have seen"...in this era Sussex has dominated those teams. He mentioned the teams that has actually made noise against Sussex. I think the Covington score was 88-6 or something close to that. The same yr we beat PM 30-14. That was the yr that PM had the Dawson kid who had put up crazy numbers who was suppose to come pound them to victory. All in all it sounds like all these programs have great history so lets stop with dissing other programs(wishful thinking).

Reactions: Dtayl6 and mmqp
If you look carefully he said that "we have seen"...in this era Sussex has dominated those teams. He mentioned the teams that has actually made noise against Sussex. I think the Covington score was 88-6 or something close to that. The same yr we beat PM 30-14. That was the yr that PM had the Dawson kid who had put up crazy numbers who was suppose to come pound them to victory. All in all it sounds like all these programs have great history so lets stop with dissing other programs(wishful thinking).
I wasn't and haven't dissed anyone just wanted to throw some facts out there. Dawson was a 10th grader that year and he had over a 100 yards that game. Sussex was the better team that year. The game was 14-14 late in the 3rd Qtr and we were stopped on a 4 and 1 on the 11 yard line going in when we fumbled. We later had another turnover. It was a good game.

I also said they could just as easily come and beat any team because this is a new year. People read what they want. People respect what they know. Certain teams have consistently been tough and some havent. Sussex whether people know it or not has been tough through out the years...from the 80's til now. We play bigger schools in our area but we have also been beaten. When Clintwood came to sussex and beat us we showed them respect and I actually have friends from clintwood that i met at that game. We respect teams who are consistent. PM and Hurley havent been consistent and your own people say you guys havent played anybody tough. I think the west has great programs and just like the west we have weaker teams in the east as well. Weaker meaning they havent been consistent.

But people are quick to say Franklin and Sussex have no class..so sad
Its kind of crazy how even when we are quiet people bring our names up. Franklin and Sussex are always contenders...always relevant. I love high school football but I dont agree with disrespecting other people's communities.

I'll add to that. Not only do I hate when people disrespect a community but when people disrespect these young men who are laying it all on the line each week. We as adults need to remember these are teenage kids and a lot of them are reading these posts. I said it in another thread the other day but I may as well have been talking to a brick wall. Lol. We all love our teams, communities and the sport itself and it's no reason adults can't have an adult conversation without bickering or putting others down. If I want that I'll just go to Facebook. Lol

Lol you knew I'd respond...

I realize you're from Sussex, so you were born with a big mouth. May I ask, where exactly has Sussex been the past few years? They're not exactly a powerhouse either. You are the champions of the lip-n-curl come playoff time though....you run your lip, then you curl up in the fetal when you get smacked around.
This is what i'm talking about...this is uncalled for...being from sussex this is insulting. Nobody took it to that level but him. His is a computer tough guy. If i hadnt already given my life to Christ...and he was tough enough to make himself known...all 6'2 250 lbs of me would be sitting on his chest. People like mmqn make you forget that kids are watching. So from this very moment on i am ignoring mmqn's comments...for the kids.

As I said, you run your mouth now. But you'll be crying later. I still remember the year that you clowns had declared Sussex and Franklin the state champs. GW kicked your mouthy butts and Sussex...well they cried "racism" for 3+ years because they got their butts handed to them.

You wrote your post looking for a fight, you got one with me big mouth.
Sussex never said that...there was a guy from franklin saying that.

As a player back in the 90s I played against Sussex numerous times. They were hard hitting and physical then and still are now. Personally I've never had any issue with any of their fans and The Sel2 who writes for Preps is from Sussex and we actually played against each other and he is now a personal friend and one of the classiest guys you'll ever meet
Marsel is really a good dude.

Here it is in summary.... there have been apparently many schools who have went on the road to Franklin or Sussex and came away with a very negative impression in the past ten years.
The outcome of the game is irrelevant who won/lost. It's not against success because I haven't heard these same arguments vs. Gretna, Essex, Riverheads, Galax, George Wythe, Giles, Goochland, Altavista, Richlands.

Respect and respecting the games and they young men that are playing should be universal.

My biggest pet peeve is when any grown man feels the need to stand next to the fence that surrounds the football field and try to heckle and taunt a 15-16 year old kid. I see and hear that way too often......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT