ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4......The week of the " Upsets "....

Chilwar25

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 20, 2010
Week number 4 in the A1 VHSL West may be called the week the so called favorites
Bid the dust. Here is a list of some so called "Upsets":

1. Galax beat George Wythe
2. Rural Retreat beat Marion
3. Chilhowie beat Tazewell
4. Northwood beat Twin Valley

( There may be more, these are just the ones that I seen on the scoreboard.)

Week number 4 in the A1 VHSL West may be called the week the so called favorites
Bid the dust. Here is a list of some so called "Upsets":

1. Galax beat George Wythe
2. Rural Retreat beat Marion
3. Chilhowie beat Tazewell
4. Northwood beat Twin Valley

( There may be more, these are just the ones that I seen on the scoreboard.)
Don't hardly believe Chilhowie's victory was an upset, they are coming on strong, going to be hard to beat from here out.

Honestjohn, both Bristol and Roanoke Newspaper picked Tazewell to win, and the Pickem
On this forum went with Tazewell more than Chilhowie. You are right that Chilhowie is
Playing better, but anything would be better than the last 2 years went they won a total
Of 3 games.

I am still amazed at how Galax manhandled George Wythe with ease.......unbelievable.
But it is still early, and GW will regroup and hope for a rematch in November. Sounds
Like Galax took advantage of every mistake GW made, and GW made plenty of gutter
Balls. That is not to say Galax is not that good, it is just that teams like Galax are very
Opportunistic, and GW provided Galax a bunch of opportunities.

Rural Retreat's win over Marion was another shocker to me. I did not see that one
Coming. RR had played Galax tough last week, and that should of been a sign of
Things to come Friday night. Still, Marion must have been flat all night, and if RR
Is running that same veer offense, They run it to perfection. Rural Retreat is one
School that Reloads: They just never Rebuild.

Nothing helps cure a Friday night lose like a Monday afternoon practice! GW will
Be back in my opinion. I am still puzzled about the Canes.....

Honestjohn, both Bristol and Roanoke Newspaper picked Tazewell to win, and the Pickem
On this forum went with Tazewell more than Chilhowie. You are right that Chilhowie is
Playing better, but anything would be better than the last 2 years went they won a total
Of 3 games.

I am still amazed at how Galax manhandled George Wythe with ease.......unbelievable.
But it is still early, and GW will regroup and hope for a rematch in November. Sounds
Like Galax took advantage of every mistake GW made, and GW made plenty of gutter
Balls. That is not to say Galax is not that good, it is just that teams like Galax are very

Rural Retreat's win over Marion was another shocker to me. I did not see that one
Things to come Friday night. Still, Marion must have been flat all night, and if RR
Is running that same veer offense, They run it to perfection. Rural Retreat is one

Nothing helps cure a Friday night lose like a Monday afternoon practice! GW will
Chilhowie and Tazewell was a tough game to pick, but I at least picked Chilhowie on the SWVA Sports Pick-Em. To my amazement I won the SWVA Pick-Em last week, I believe they had a total of 39 games to pick.

Of 3 games.

Galax just flat out whipped them in the trenches, we were told you couldn't run GW but Galax run on them with 11 in the box all night long. GW may have had an off night but from where I was standing they just got whipped. Galax played more like they're capable of playing last night which they really haven't done all year and from what I seen GW definitely didn't live up to all the hype we've heard this year. I'm not saying GW isn't a good team because I think they are but maybe not to the level we've heard they were. It is only week 4 and they're 3-1 and I think they will bounce back from last night and still have a very good year. Anyone who watched that game last night and knows anything about football will tell you Galax was clearly the better team last night. If they both continue to have solid years they could meet again come playoff time and it could go the other way. We will see how both teams react after this game, Galax needs to build off of a big win, stay focused and continue to improve. Galax still has several tough games a head of them so time will tell how good they are. As for GW a good butt whipping maybe what they needed to get back to where they need to be. Galax started 1-4 last year and won state so one loss for them certainly doesn't derail their season but they have some work to do just like everyone else

GW has great athletes but they got out coached and the weight room with proper technique is the difference in the game IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT