ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 - Far East, 9 games, Big week for Tri-Rivers, open dates

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
9-23-2016

Friday Night Lights in Far East 1A Virginia

2A King William at 2A Washington & Lee (both teams at 1-2, looking to go to .500)

Chincoteague at Colonial Beach (CB at 1-2 looking to get back on track)

Middlesex at Northumberland -

(Middlesex with a win over Rappahannock, who just crushed W&L 20-0, hoping to crash the Indian party as NHS sits at 3-0 and is currently rated 3rd in the East. NHS should not overlook the Chargers who almost beat LHS plus embarrassed Northumberland last year in a blowout in Saluda. Northumberland should be wary of a classic trap game with Trinity Episcopal and Essex on the horizon.)

Nandua at Lancaster (LHS at 2-1 to start season, #8 with Surry in East Ratings)

Northampton at K&Q (Northampton with 2 wins in the early season, K&Q looking to improve)

Off this week - Essex, Rappahannock, West Point, Charles City, Mathews

Tri Rivers in full slate of action this weekend-

#4 Sussex at 3A Southampton

3A Park View at #5 Franklin

2A Greensville at #8 Surry

Windsor at 2A Brunswick

Which would be Far East game of the week?

Riverheads v Luray should be 1A Virginia GOW? Unless the West offers a marquee matchup...

Reactions: stubbie46
Out of this weeks games I'd say the Park View vs Franklin game on paper is the best in my opinion

Kwhs and Uvacavs, You are right, the Riverheads vs Luray is the Game of the Week. Like Blaster Said in a post I read earlier, most of the games in SWVA pit teams with records that
Do not appear to be good match ups, but Upsets are always possible.

What is your take on the Riverheads/Laury game?

3A Park View v Franklin should be good indeed - both 3-0 squads. At the Armory. Man, Franklin will get some points if they win this one....

Yes, I was gonna give Luray somewhat of a chance but noticed the game is at Riverheads with their strong following. Both teams 3-0. (Luray has played Essex well in two recent playoff losses.)

Riverheads by 2-3 TDs most likely.

Im going to be back in town in time for that Park View/Franklin game..The Armory gonna be rocking for sure.I think turnovers is gonna decide who wins this one

Watch out for Essex! The Essex Trojans have had a brutal schelue so far this season,
And currently have only one win. Their week off this week does come at a good time
For the Trojans. They are improving Each game, and I Expect them to be a tough out
Come November when the playoffs begin.

I have what you might call " adopted Essex " as my team from the East. The Trojans
Offense has been slow to develop, but I believe they will be fine in District play. Playing
Those much larger schools has to help the Trojans down the road.
What is the latest with the Trojans? How about it ET1? OR anyone else........

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Sussex and Southampton is a big game also Southampton is going to bring the noise this is not the same Southampton squad from years past they have coach Littleton parker back at the helm he is tough and gritty he will have those guys hitting on all cylinders I hope Sussex don't try to overlook Southampton or they will get beat Southampton has a star running back in ruffin this kid is the truth he will rack up some yards in a hurry if you sleep Don't ruffin he has over 800 yards through 3 games

Watch out for Essex! The Essex Trojans have had a brutal schelue so far this season,
And currently have only one win. Their week off this week does come at a good time
For the Trojans. They are improving Each game, and I Expect them to be a tough out
Come November when the playoffs begin.

I have what you might call " adopted Essex " as my team from the East. The Trojans
Offense has been slow to develop, but I believe they will be fine in District play. Playing
Those much larger schools has to help the Trojans down the road.
What is the latest with the Trojans? How about it ET1? OR anyone else........
I'm pretty sure the coaches had the young men working on things with this bye week. Best part about it, the team know they need and can do better. Personally, I'm not to worried about things. In 2 of the games we got beat (2A Goochland, 4A King George), it was still anyone's game late in the 4th. The 5A Deep Run game...that was just a mess! Line them both up today and you might have a different outcome "IF" the spread is used more and the D play to the standard that I've seen them play in the 1st 3 games. I'm still picking Essex to win out in district play. Now, that 3A James Monroe game...this will be the toughest game we play in the non district portion of the schedule. JM won the last 3 meeting 2013 (40-37 OT FG) 2014 (37-14) and 2015 (35-6). Those years, Essex finished state runner up in '13 & '14 and semi finalist in '14. I think JM finished up the same way in those 3 years...not sure though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT