2.Sussex
3.Hurely
4.GW
5.Galax/PM
7.PH
8.Altavista
9.FC
10.Lunenburg

Top three haven't lost and regardless of opponent they have won period. The next three are close but Galax losing to Fort shows there are some chinks in the armor but PM doesn't have a statement win yet either (excluding FC). My opinion is that PH will have one more loss and drop a little further but they currently have the seven spot. All due respect to A-town but they are not quite as good as a few years ago, solidly in top ten but not in top half. The last two are enigmas and can be dangerous if things fall the right way for them come the post season.

And that is the "official" top ten, lol.

RedPride, the only one that I question is PM at #5 with a record of 15-34 of teams
They have played. Three of the teams are 0-21. Only 1 quality win, Fort Chiswell.
Yes the Fort has been coming on strong, but that one win is the only quality win
PM has all year. #5 may be too high for them, until they get some more good wins.

Fair enough, I just have a pretty high opinion of them and record wise they are there. I look at the opponents record some too and as I stated, they certainly only have the one quality win. That said, their matchup with Covington will tell me a little more about them as the QB out there is a very good player on both sides of the ball. My personal list will shift slightly based on these last few weeks but this group and Franklin, Narrows and dare I say Essex all could make noise. It's for fun and honestly you could make an argument for moving the top three around in just about any order too and still be right. I just like to pull Blasters chain every once and a while, lol. I hope he knows I enjoy our "disagreements" as I do with plenty of other posters on here.

No doubt PM has a very good squad, but their schedule has not done them any favors
This year. We never know how our opponents will fair each year....Our teams future
Sometimes depends on the SOS, which can be very unfair year to year.
In PM case, those teams that are setting At 0-21, next year could be 21-0!

Good job in posting those top 10 teams. If we did not have people like you and Blaster,
To do top 10, We would not have nothing to discuss!! Thanks a million!!!!!

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Not sure where but Franklin needs to be inserted in there somewhere. IF and that's a big if, they have all their players, they will be a very tough out for anyone, including Riverheads

Not sure where but Franklin needs to be inserted in there somewhere. IF and that's a big if, they have all their players, they will be a very tough out for anyone, including Riverheads
That contest would be a lot like the last time they played .

I would say Sussex has the fastest overall team speed in 1a east and Franklin hled them to 14 points while playing without 4-5 startes. They obviuosly have some discipline problems, and it seems they are never at full strength.

I would say Sussex has the fastest overall team speed in 1a east and Franklin hled them to 14 points while playing without 4-5 startes. They obviuosly have some discipline problems, and it seems they are never at full strength.
OBVIOUS DISCIPLINE ! The main reason some teams are really good are some teams not so much !

Franklin will have all their players back by next game some this game they should not have not a problem winning the next two games I hope franklin can get the fourth seed we want a rematch with Riverhead we owe them one from a couple years ago this time the team built a little different we got our weight up.

That contest would be a lot like the last time they played .
I beg to differ last time riverhead line up foot to foot and pretty much ran the same play all game Qb sweep/dive. Last time franklin was just fast now franklin has size and still has more speed than riverhead. Your coach is going to have to do his job this time because lining up foot to foot and just bullying your way down the field is not going to work and you don't have # 51 any more dude was a beast.

Ask anyone who plays the red team. That "lining up foot to foot", is the way the offense is ran. We are certainly not very big and actaully pretty slow but they will do that until you break or the clock runs out. Not speaking for him but he has said it before "if you can stop what we do then you will win, if not it is going to be a long night". It really is simple so it should not be any problem for any team we face. The teams around here locally have stopping it down because they see it all the time, just ask them they will tell ya. I prolly sound like a smart ass but I am being serious. And for the record it is not a QB sweep/dive. He prolly only had 5 or 6 carries that game but I am sure longtime could recount the stats if pushed to. Good luck to Franklin down the stretch as everyone prepares for the playoff run.

Does Franklin have the team speed they had in 2012?
Franklin is a couple steps slower but has a little more size but Sussex has just as much if not more speed than the 2012 franklin broncos. I'm still mad about that game against GW that was a for sure comeback win until coach called that pass play broncos were drive all they had to do was run it in and that would have been the ball game that was one of the best games I have seen in a long time even better than Sussex vs franklin 2004 playoff
Ask anyone who plays the red team. That "lining up foot to foot", is the way the offense is ran. We are certainly not very big and actaully pretty slow but they will do that until you break or the clock runs out. Not speaking for him but he has said it before "if you can stop what we do then you will win, if not it is going to be a long night". It really is simple so it should not be any problem for any team we face. The teams around here locally have stopping it down because they see it all the time, just ask them they will tell ya. I prolly sound like a smart ass but I am being serious. And for the record it is not a QB sweep/dive. He prolly only had 5 or 6 carries that game but I am sure longtime could recount the stats if pushed to. Good luck to Franklin down the stretch as everyone prepares for the playoff run.
Where did that Lb #51 go to school dude was good from the 2010 team

The playoff matchup against colonial beach in CB that 08 year was the best game imo.franklin stopped them at the one yard line to seal the win as the clock ran out.man that was an intense game !

Honestly I am not sure he even played after HS. One of the other RHS posters on here may have some info on it. Lots of memories from that group though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT