ADVERTISEMENT

Well..............

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
I must admit my knowledge about football has taken a hit. First, I said (or is it actually typed?) that Sussex was a prohibitive favorite vs Essex and Essex won 24-6. Now, my two Region 1A sleeper teams (Westmoreland and West Point) are both 1-2 with Westmoreland's win coming against West Point whose lone win thus far is against Rappahannock which beat Westmoreland by 19 Friday night Maybe Westmoreland was still staggering from the previous week's 76-6 drubbing by Class 4 Eastern View? Still lots of football to be played, though.

I'm right there with you. I picked Sussex to beat Essex and I also picked West Point to win Region A this year. But like you said, there's a lot of football to be played still.

What happened in the second half? I saw the scoreboard post that said the halftime score was 22-21 Westmoreland and Rappahannock outscores them 20-0 in the second half. We're there halftime adjustments that all went Rappahannock's way? Did Westmoreland run out of gas? Something else? Congratulations to Rappahannock. Have a good one!

Reactions: offmylawn
Rapp is a young team playing a lot of sophmores & as they gain experience could be a major thorn in the side of teams come playoff time.

As far as the game last night, if it wasn't for a couple of mishaps, the score would have been more lopsided than it was.

Are injuries a factor? West Point is disappointing. I thought Westmoreland was going to make a lot of noise, but something has happened there as well. Great win for Rappahannock.

The Westmoreland/Rappahannock/West Point games are head scratching stuff for sure. One thing is for sure. The region is WIDE open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT