ADVERTISEMENT

West cheat sheets are up

it's simply the ratings points possible Friday night and seed possibilities.
The L/W columns are what you start with with a Win or Loss, then riders for certain things.
You can update the ratings as each game finishes Fri. night for just who you want.
I already know top 5 for 2A West, so as soon as I know Richlands is, say, #3, I can work on who will be #14.
Take your team's numbers and figure it out, then look at the tightened sheet. It's pretty straightforward once you learn it. It's even easy enough for coaches to use to figure out who to scout this week.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Pretty certain Graham will beat Narrows, so they'll pass Richlands. If Appo losses, they'll be virtually tied with Richlands - a win makes them #1 straight out, so no need to have them up there and have to jump over a team while working on who's #2.

I can't see why ppl. are so obsessed with where someone is RIGHT NOW, when that doesn't matter one iota.

Reactions: Ryan4VT
That seems pretty likely. Would put Richlands at 4 right?
If GW Danville beats Vista (they both have the same record), Richlands would get the 3, I believe. If Appo loses to Amherst (not completely out of the question), Richlands, DR, and Appo would likely all tie. Appo wins the tiebreak over DR. But Richlands/Appo don't have a tiebreak that separates them until drawing names from a hat.

I just hope the 4 teams ahead of Gretna all lose.

What you're failing to realize I think... is we're tied with you. (Ridgeview) We SHOULD beat Honaker and will outpoint you this week. Now rider points from the rest of the season that come into play this week... I'm not sure. I think we can only score three rider points this week.

Anyways, I see it playing out like this:

Winner of Lebanon/Tazewell gets the 15 seed, loser is out.
James River gets in by beating Covington.
Virginia High gets in by beating Lee High and a James River loss.

I see both James River and Virginia High both losing, so it will come down to Gretna and Ridgeview on the final spot. Both teams should win. It's all based on who gets the most rider points. If they end up tied, then it probably goes to the hat.

I cannot see Gretna getting many rider points. We beat Chatham and Randolph Henry. The Tunstall loss will probably end up costing us a playoff berth. That's a game we should have won.

Same with us man... we gave away the Lee High game on a terrible decision to go for it on 4th down in our own territory with the lead in a tight defensive struggle. Still makes me sick thinking about it.

I cannot see Gretna getting many rider points. We beat Chatham and Randolph Henry. The Tunstall loss will probably end up costing us a playoff berth. That's a game we should have won.

I went through and calculated Ridgeview, Gretna and Wise Central based on how I see each scenario playing out....

Ridgeview should beat Honaker for 16 points + 8 rider points (1 from Union + 1 from Lee High + 6 from Honaker) which would give them an average of 16.2.

Gretna should beat Nelson County for 18 points + 6 rider points (1 each from Tunstall, Brookville, Heritage, Appomattox, William Campbell and Dan River) which would give them an average of 16.2.

Wise Central is off but should get 6 rider points (2 each from Ridgeview and Lebanon, 1 each from Union and Lee High) which would give them an average of 16.2 also.

Wise Central beat us head to head, but not sure if the head to head eliminates someone in a three way tie.

A win by Tazewell over Lebanon eliminates Central. A win by Honaker obviously eliminates Ridgeview and also eliminates Central. A win by James River over Covington OR a win by Virginia High over Lee High eliminates Gretna, Ridgeview and Central.

I went through and calculated Ridgeview, Gretna and Wise Central based on how I see each scenario playing out....

Ridgeview should beat Honaker for 16 points + 8 rider points (1 from Union + 1 from Lee High + 6 from Honaker) which would give them an average of 16.2.

Gretna should beat Nelson County for 18 points + 6 rider points (1 each from Tunstall, Brookville, Heritage, Appomattox, William Campbell and Dan River) which would give them an average of 16.2.

Wise Central is off but should get 6 rider points (2 each from Ridgeview and Lebanon, 1 each from Union and Lee High) which would give them an average of 16.2 also.

Wise Central beat us head to head, but not sure if the head to head eliminates someone in a three way tie.

A win by Tazewell over Lebanon eliminates Central. A win by Honaker obviously eliminates Ridgeview and also eliminates Central. A win by James River over Covington OR a win by Virginia High over Lee High eliminates Gretna, Ridgeview and Central.

Sounds like you are pulling for Amherst. If they beat Appo, that gives Ridgeview the win over Gretna.

Yeah... didn't think of it that way, but I guess for a sure lock and avoid a tiebreak, we would need to win of course, Appomattox to lose and Tazewell to win.

No, he said Graham will win and will 100% jump Richlands. If Appo loses, they will likely tie Richlands for 2nd. And I think the tiebreak that will apply to those two is drawing a name out of a hat...
I was on break and read that too quick, thanks for clearing it up

Reactions: Ryan4VT
For DR to get #3...
If Appo & Graham wins, and Union & Abingdon win (they should), Rich will have 269 w/2 possible from Va.
Assuming Mart/Pat, Dan will have 266 w/2 possible from BY, Mag & Tuns, so at least 2 of those need to win.

If Graham wins & Appo loses... Rich will have 269 w/2 possible from Va.
Assuming Mart/Pat, Dan will have 265 w/2 possible from BY, Mag & Tuns, so 2 of those need to win to tie Richlands.
Appo will have 265. Heritage should win, Buckingham lose - so 267, with 2 poss. from Rustburg.
Lots of ways for anyone to end up 2-4. Tiebreakers will rule the night.

If Appo & Graham both lose, Graham drops to 4 (possibly 5), and 1-3 will be crazy.

You like coffee and you don't like it when coaches leave the dogs in, but 81-8 in the days of the running clock isn't running it up. Got it.

Not sure that I can help you, bud.

...... and you don't like it when coaches leave the dogs in, but 81-8 in the days of the running clock isn't running it up. Got it.

Perhaps you and Hoos19NC should petition the VHSL to change the rules so that a game is automatically terminated once a team builds a lead of over 40 points.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Perhaps you and Hoos19NC should petition the VHSL to change the rules so that a game is automatically terminated once a team builds a lead of over 40 points.

40? Nah, I can live with that fairly well. 73? Yea, maybe so.

Let me remind you of what this guy said just a couple weeks ago out of his very own yapper when he called Rustburg's coach an idiot. "Beating a team by 30 just isn't enough huh? What is there to prove? ..... Like I said before, Im thankful for a coach like Coach Smith that "calls the dogs off."

Oh the irony of an 81-8 score after giving us all those pearls of wisdom.

Reactions: aaronestridge
You like coffee and you don't like it when coaches leave the dogs in, but 81-8 in the days of the running clock isn't running it up. Got it.

Yeah, I didnt think you would take me up on that offer. Coffee was on me too...*shrugs shoulders*

40? Nah, I can live with that fairly well. 73? Yea, maybe so.

Let me remind you of what this guy said just a couple weeks ago out of his very own yapper when he called Rustburg's coach an idiot. "Beating a team by 30 just isn't enough huh? What is there to prove? ..... Like I said before, Im thankful for a coach like Coach Smith that "calls the dogs off."

Oh the irony of an 81-8 score after giving us all those pearls of wisdom.
I will stand by that! Im done defending the 81-8. We played 2nds/3rds in 3rd with a mix of JV. If our whole JV squad is in the game by the 4th and we still scoring....well. Thats on the other team....Make sure you quote that sir!

I think James River will beat Covington, thus eliminating Gretna, but I hope I am wrong. I always maintain, making playoffs, even as a 16 seed is better than not making playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT