ADVERTISEMENT

What game(s) are you looking forward to the most this season?

KG outplayed Louisa for all but the last 5 minutes of the first half last year and KG may actually be better this year...time will tell. Louisa is getting lots of love...and KG is not. Partly anxious to see what KG's got this year, partly just ready for some football. With Tuscarora, Brooke Point, and Louisa to open the season, we will find out pretty quick.

Smithfield has a very impressibe "collective set" of athletes. They have Four or five 8's and one 9. There are prettier girls in the world but its hard to find a flock of 8's and 9's roaming around. You walk in that bar and take a seat!

Smithfield and Kings Fork could drastically change the balance of power in 4a this season. The emergence of those two could tip the scale to the east

Smithfield will certainly know quickly what they have with their first two games away and after the long haul to Dinwiddie playing at Lafayette on a short week (game the following Thursday). Lafayette's first two games are at home both on Thursday nite. At least Smithfield plays on spotty grass at their field so they should feel at home in Dinwiddie but then the next week on a fast artificial surface.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Why two Thursdays in a row? Because the field is shared?

The Dinwiddie field is in great shape again this year. And Smithfield will be only the second game on the field. By the time Lafayette got to Dinwiddie last fall, it had been a long hard season, and the old girl showed her age.

This season a new company is in place to maintain the field. This company primarily focuses on athletic venues, so we have high expectations of superior maintenance. Incidently, the first whispers of converting to turf have been heard. Hopefully, this will come to fruition in a few years.

Smithfield will come to Dinwiddie prepared and ready to play. But, the Generals will be ready, too. Coach Mills is a master of keeping the guys focused on what is next. They will be ready for Denbigh in week one, and Smithfield will be the focus that following Saturday morning. And after that Friday night game with the Packers, only then will the attention shift to the Spartans. As in 2013, it's a 15 step process to reach the goal, one step at a time.

Reactions: mbonape1
Hey Pride, have you still got the Osprey nest on the baseball/softball field light poles down there?

Blacksburg vs. Salem . . . IF - a big IF - Blacksburg gets through Giles-Lord Botetourt-Amherst County-Richlands unscathed AND Salem is also unbeaten. That could set up the biggest home game in the history of Blacksburg's new Bill Brown Stadium.

This. They outscored their opponents in the playoffs last year 203-7, and will be far better this year than they were last year. No one stays within 50 of them in West Virginia if they play anywhere near their potential, and they'd likely run away with the 4A championship in Virginia this year. If Sherando beats them somehow, they will make it to the final game.
I have to agree if Sherando beats Martinsburg they could potentially beat any team in 4A Virginia. BUT, Sherando in my opinion doesn't have that team this year , who could beat Martinsburg. They are not deep and don't have the linemen to handle that team. I hope I am totally wrong! But my best guess is somewhere around 42-21. Lots of points. Sherando in my opinion needs to prove they can beat a quality team, after last years outcome. Where is the defense ?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I agree 100% with both statements. Appo to me wouldn't fare well in 4a. They have pieces. I'm a firm believer that you can win with pieces in the lower divisions. Take the trio of Entsminger, TJ Washington, and Rivers off of Sherando and put them on Strasburg.. I bet you they play for the state championship. Put Pope and Freeland on Brunswick or Greensville County, they're going to do the same.. I don't expect Appo to drop off that much .. Scroggins and Graves are the real deal... I also watched a few Blacksburg games on YouTube as well and I think they are good but would definitely be a "contender" in 3a. Beck is an outstanding player. They remind me of the GW Danville and Courtland teams. Very good athletes but not many pure football players like you're going to see at Sherando/Salem/Dinwiddie/LT. They just don't have the depth and the pure hard nose football players as the top teams in 4a. They'll more than likely be 9-1/8/2.
Ja'von Scruggs is the QB at Appomattox. You must be thinking of Jay Scroggins from James Monroe a dew years back.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I can't wait for all the games one week at a time. I do you think our two scrimmages is a great way to start the season. Then we open with Courtland In The Jungle on 8/25. Then the Lion Nation will travel to Chancellor high school 9/01

King George @ Tuscarora to open the season...
Not sure I would be looking forward to that one if I were you.....kudo's to KG for scheduling such a tough opponent though. That's quite a hike to play a reg. season game.

KG outplayed Louisa for all but the last 5 minutes of the first half last year and KG may actually be better this year...time will tell. Louisa is getting lots of love...and KG is not. Partly anxious to see what KG's got this year, partly just ready for some football. With Tuscarora, Brooke Point, and Louisa to open the season, we will find out pretty quick.
WOW 3 tough games good luck. Always enjoy going to King George. So glad I don't have to walk down into the pit and won't have to walk out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT