ADVERTISEMENT

What surprised you most, college edition

Nothing quite seals in the flavor like watching a kid and his parents get snowed by some lowlife bagman and doofus college assistant coach to go waste their years doing nothing at jerkoff school U instead of staying in-state and getting on board the right way.

I'm going to be honest with you...There's only about three dudes on that list that are actual losses for UNC.

Not saying that's where'd I'd go for player development by any stretch. But studs? Maybe four counting the kicker.

Last edited:
I stopped caring a whole lot about the ACC when they decided to let Stanford, Cal and SMU in. Then you got Jim Phillips radio silent leading up to the final standings, Boo Corrigan chairing the committee smh. It does suck that it's screwing over pretty much everyone in the process.

it was a set up from the start
four spots and five conferences
how come nobody cried when the PAC 12 was left out in previous years.
I am willing to bet the same folks were against expansion (until now)

it was a set up from the start
four spots and five conferences
how come nobody cried when the PAC 12 was left out in previous years.
I am willing to bet the same folks were against expansion (until now)
Quiz. How many years has it been since a NCAA football team whose state touches the Pacific Ocean won and kept a national title or when wasn’t the school from the ACC, SEC or Big Ten?

The Mountain West Conference has agreed to a scheduling agreement with Oregon State and Washington State that will see its football teams play seven conference games plus an additional contest against either the Beavers or Cougars next season.

Oregon State and Washington State will each play six MWC opponents in 2024, three at home and three on the road. The games will not count toward the MWC standings, and neither school is eligible for the conference championship game.

The two schools will pay the Mountain West a combined $14 million as part of the scheduling agreement, a source told ESPN, confirming a Yahoo Sports report.

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39020835/oregon-st-washington-st-face-mwc-teams-scheduling-deal

I don't know that VT is gonna be getting anyone...Sad.

This isn't an overall bad thing for VT in this circumstance. They're returning almost everyone of value (only a couple dominoes left to fall) so they're really only going to need to use the portal sparingly for spot adjustments, not a wholesale replacement like you saw last year. This is also why VT's C/O '24 is small, the numbers are tight. They're the 4th best class in the ACC by star average.

This isn't an overall bad thing for VT in this circumstance. They're returning almost everyone of value (only a couple dominoes left to fall) so they're really only going to need to use the portal sparingly for spot adjustments, not a wholesale replacement like you saw last year. This is also why VT's C/O '24 is small, the numbers are tight. They're the 4th best class in the ACC by star average.
The key to college football is no longer recruiting,it’s the portal. Proven players at this level are a much more needed commodity than unknown high school players.

GBVXOInWwAAnc5M

Mountain West Conference football scheduling pairings for Oregon State and Washington State in 2024:
GBVX_xpbMAApb7r

- VT with a quality day in the portal.

- Nebraska flips Dylan Raiola from UGA which is insane

- ODU blew a 28-0 lead

Last edited:
Reactions: CavsGrad
JMU B&Ming to no end to go bowling and they come out and grab the mic and lay the wettest fart you've ever heard. Good job, buckos.

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
VT ends the season on big high notes, culminating with a 21 point win over an 11-2 top 25 Tulane.

Every single 10+ win G5 school lost their bowl. 9 teams came in and faced reality and went home, tail between their legs. This is what happens when your best wins are nobody U and directional Nothing colleges. Schedule like you've got a pair so your kids don't get humiliated continually in their bowls.

Every single 10+ win G5 school lost their bowl. 9 teams came in and faced reality and went home, tail between their legs. This is what happens when your best wins are nobody U and directional Nothing colleges. Schedule like you've got a pair so your kids don't get humiliated continually in their bowls.
It’s worth pointing out that most non-power conference schools can’t get a home and home with a power conference school. I don’t completely disagree as it’s obvious SOS matters. But it’s not as easy as just wanting to play better teams. Even if you set aside the inherent unfairness of power schools refusing fair scheduling scenarios with non-power schools, it’s not as easy as calling up a school and asking for an away buy game. Those requests are frequently turned down due to fear of a G5 loss from a good team.

Not to overstate the obvious, but you don’t get to claim scheduling superiority for your conference slate…

Dang
FSU gave up a 60 burger
not a good look
I know they had reasons

however - dang dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Saban has retired wow. Ripple effect will be huge.
I remember after the Bear there was a real rough patch until they got Saban. Bama fans going to have to eat some humble pie for a season or two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT