ADVERTISEMENT

Which schools are not participating in Football this season?

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
With practice starting this week. Are there any school systems who still refuse to let their kids play? In SouthWest Virginia, sports have been going full steam ahead. I can't wait to watch the games. I have an all access pass for the NFHS network and most schools in this region are using NFHS to broadcast their games. Also, hopefully big Ralph will have a congnitive moment and allow more fans at outdoor events. If kids can run into each other playing football, then people can socially distance in the stands with masks on. That's just my 2 cents. Maybe they can follow other state's lead and allow half capacity.

One school division in Central VA is letting the students, cheerleaders and coaches get 3 tickets a piece.

The entire Tri-Rivers District is out. In the James River District, Buckingham, Prince Edward, Bluestone, and Cumberland are out, and I wouldn't be surprised if more opt out of the JRD.

The entire Tri-Rivers District is out. In the James River District, Buckingham, Prince Edward, Bluestone, and Cumberland are out, and I wouldn't be surprised if more opt out of the JRD.
Dang, I feel for those kids.

Appomattox has been working and is slated to start this week I think. The boys are chomping at the bit to make another run.

BCKnights..... I can't believe this for you guys. I truly felt like you guys might win it all. I was hoping for the Battle of the Axe in Salem.

Last edited:
Disappointing that Buckingham isn’t playing. They were my favorite to play Appo in the big game. A lot of John Marshall and Tee Jay kids will be playing ball in Henrico this year and I expect the Huguenot and Wythe kids will play in Chesterfield. Unfortunate just all the way around.

They are punishing the kids!!!!! Let them play!!!!
Yeah but
Appomattox has been working and is slated to start this week I think. The boys are chomping at the bit to make another run.

BCKnights..... I can't believe this for you guys. I truly felt like you guys might win it all. I was hoping for the Battle of the Axe in Salem.
Me too. This team was super loaded. Smh.

What a shame.
I want to see the bubble that all those kids will be placed in to keep them “safe”.
Totally ridiculous!!!
Bring them to Appomattox!

Reactions: oldfool2
I dont know it officially yet, but Appo is down to only playing 3 schools now.

Chatham, Gretna and Dan River. Pittsylvania County isn’t playing this spring.

Lol this is going to be such a mess. I still say just cancel it all and start fresh in the fall. We're already seeing the BS I spoke of taking down Charlottesville in basketball. We're going to have to deal with the same nonsense in football the same way Martinsburg got shafted.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
We have many cases here. My mother died from the virus.

So sad to hear about your mom ! My mother had it and we almost lost her, my Aunt ( her sister ) that lives with her and also has downs syndrome and is 66 got it from mom and we almost lost her too. She was in ICU for 10 days and the plasma with antibodies along with a lot of prayer brought her back home, but she still suffers with a lot of effects from it.
I moved in with mom to take care of her while they were sick ( she is 85 ) and my wife and myself both caught it. ( I am 61 and my wife is 59 ) We were both blessed and mostly just had body aches and we both lost our sense of taste and smell for a while.

Reactions: BCKnights
So sad to hear about your mom ! My mother had it and we almost lost her, my Aunt ( her sister ) that lives with her and also has downs syndrome and is 66 got it from mom and we almost lost her too. She was in ICU for 10 days and the plasma with antibodies along with a lot of prayer brought her back home, but she still suffers with a lot of effects from it.
I moved in with mom to take care of her while they were sick ( she is 85 ) and my wife and myself both caught it. ( I am 61 and my wife is 59 ) We were both blessed and mostly just had body aches and we both lost our sense of taste and smell for a while.
Thank you all for the condolences. My Mom battled for 2 weeks before she past. She got it from grandkids that would've been in school had they went and gave it to others. I pray for everyone's safety during this time. One of our players were diagnosed with the rare shock syndrome aftereffect 2 months after beating the virus and nearly died. Only 3 case of it Virginia and he was 1 of em. It's dangerous. Prayers to all who will be playing.

The post about the entire Tri-Rivers District not playing is inaccurate. Southampton, Franklin and Windsor are playing.

Buckingham, prayers for you and yours bro. It took my grandmother.

Any word on Poquoson from the folks down east? I understand they were young last year according to this board and were supposed to be really good this season.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
The post about the entire Tri-Rivers District not playing is inaccurate. Southampton, Franklin and Windsor are playing.

Evidently, the Bay Rivers, at least some of them are also playing. I just saw where Poquoson opens up with Smithfield. Stuarts Draft opens up with Broadway if I'm not mistaken up in Region B. I wouldn't be surprised if Draft and Poquoson play in the semi's. Supposebly, Draft returns a ton of talent from a team that lost the state title to Appo. If Buckingham were playing, that state semi game may look much different due to the direction that program has taken which is attributable to a top notch Head Coach.

I dont know it officially yet, but Appo is down to only playing 3 schools now.
Please call Graham and Richlands, they play each other twice. It would be awesome if they could play Appo in the regular season instead. Not sure if that could be worked out, but I can dream.

Reactions: oldfool2 and Bo Bob
Please call Graham and Richlands, they play each other twice. It would be awesome if they could play Appo in the regular season instead. Not sure if that could be worked out, but I can dream.
I’m not sure it could happen since Graham and Richlands decided to play twice. If they don’t play — both teams need a game on the same date — and Appo can’t play us both that day lol.

I’m not sure it could happen since Graham and Richlands decided to play twice. If they don’t play — both teams need a game on the same date — and Appo can’t play us both that day lol.
Would be nice if they had an extra week.

Reactions: Ryan4VT
I’m sure the Raiders would like to have another team to play not sure it will happen though.

I’m sure the Raiders would like to have another team to play not sure it will happen though.
I see where Roanoke County decided to NOT play district games. Teams in county only playing each other. That leaves several schools without opponents. Perhaps Appo can pick up a couple of those.

Reactions: Bo Bob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT