ADVERTISEMENT

Who will emerge from this Region A Fog ?

trutiger16

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jun 10, 2014
Region A is starting to get interesting very interesting, the NND is freaking brutal in my Jim Ross voice ( Stop the dam fight).

My Top Teams in Region A are :

1. Franklin - must improve the next few weeks on offense. If (3) Ford is that guy they must be more creative in getting him the ball. On Defense they are solid with assignments but lack the physical attacking mentality that i am use to. Not good enough to stop the wing -tee.

2. Essex - Must play physical offensively they cant throw the ball at all this year. Its time now to accept the run first power concept headed down the stretch. Would like to see a rematch with Broncos.

3. Northumberland - Was beating Essex all they have ? Northumberland dosent scare anyone so if they dont perform each week at premium every team they face will feel they can win. I see a second round playoff exit. Something just isnt right.

4. Colonial Beach - Dangerous this program can beat any team in Region A , so i wouldn't want to draw this early in the playoffs.

5. W & L , Rappahanock , Sussex ( These teams could cause some trouble as 1st round playoff opponents.

When the smoke clears I see Essex on the road to Red Team !
Xcross after watching Franklin for myself , its possible. There is not a team in Region A that is physical enough to stop Riverheads. Its up to Chilhowie to prevent a 3 peat.

Exactly..use the size to your advantage. I have not yet seen a team with any size close to Essex. However, some speed is lacking.

Looks like Northumberland would have too win out to keep the RED TEAM from hosting. Not sure they can . Essex may start playing ball in winning fashion .

Reactions: uvacavs1
Region A playoffs will definitely be interesting. Also, W&L and Sussex would make tough first round draws but one will probably not make it in. Sussex will probably need to win out which is a real possibility. W&L will probably need to win 2 of their last 3. Even at that it will probably still come down to bonus/rider points.
Some other things to note are that are interesting is that the current top 6 could all land anywhere 1-7 seed depending on the final few games.
One thing that would be nice would be if there were more than 9 teams in the running for those 8 spots. And unfortunately it's been narrowed down to those same 9 teams since about week 4.

Reactions: trutiger16
Xcross after watching Franklin for myself , its possible. There is not a team in Region A that is physical enough to stop Riverheads. Its up to Chilhowie to prevent a 3 peat.
Lol will you guys please just hand riverheads the title..lets just play basketball already

Reactions: MGF
And thats no slight to riverheads..im a fan of them..they can win five or six straight..that shows coaching is top notch..only makes everyone and every team fight harder the following year.

Lol will you guys please just hand riverheads the title..lets just play basketball already
20Bronco06 trust me i would love to see Franklin advance to and win the State Title, im all for Broncos since my Tigers are 1 year away from contending.
Franklin must get the ball to Ford more at wideout, he is not a physical player offensively or defensively putting him at tightend hurts you if you are not throwing the seam route to him, i understand that putting him on oneside and running opposite of him because usually the safety will shade to his side creating opportunity on the opposite side were he lines up. To use him as a decoy is waste of his talent and playmaking ability.

Defensively your #14 got that Dog in him dude has a motor. Your Defensive ends are a liability currently. You will need to shore that front up without having to depend on sending your backers.

Last edited:
Looks like Northumberland would have too win out to keep the RED TEAM from hosting. Not sure they can . Essex may start playing ball in winning fashion .

Xcross makes a valid point.

With all the unreal hostility towards the historical underdog, Northumberland, from many others in Region A (such jealousy to a team that struggled for so long). So sorry many are upset that NHS no longer is someone else's punching bag....

Northumberland is the only team that can prevent Riverheads from getting home field through out the playoffs until Salem. No one will beat Riverheads at home.

Northumberland may be the only hope....:).

Xcross makes a valid point.

With all the unreal hostility towards the historical underdog, Northumberland, from many others in Region A (such jealousy to a team that struggled for so long). So sorry many are upset that NHS no longer is someone else's punching bag....

Northumberland is the only team that can prevent Riverheads from getting home field through out the playoffs until Salem. No one will beat Riverheads at home.

Northumberland may be the only hope....:).
No Hate towards Northumberland, the greastest homefield advantage in Region A is the Armory home of the Franklin Broncos. Northumberland is having a great season but they must prove more, Beating Essex this year is not enough. Sorry

Riverheads needs to win the next two or they will be traveling but I think we traveled for all 5 titles and I’m very superstitious so I don’t know if I want them playing at home

Mathematically speaking Franklin has the better shot of hosting. With more points available against their opponents (1-2A, 1-1A, and 1-3A). That’s 54 points without riders.

Northumberland plays 3-1A schools for a max or 48 without riders.

In theory, CB, Essex, and Rappahannock wiill have a say in all this. To the point that Rap can still out point Franklin and is the closest threat on paper to taking over the hosting duties for Region A

Of course all of that doesn’t matter if the Red team goes 1-2 over the last three. If the team goes 2-1, the points should favor games in Greenville until Salem or we are put out.

Should be interesting down the stretch for sure.

NNDanalyst any opinion on who could come out of this log jam in your area ? I surely plan on traveling that way to witnesses some battles.
In my (somewhat biased) opinion, I feel like Rapp is the most balanced team in Region A and that gives them the advantage. They can run & pass the ball effectively and has good overall team speed. Load the box to stop the run & they will beat you in the air. Play with 2 safeties & that opens the running lanes.
"IF" they can stay healthy & "IF" they play hard for 4qtrs, I give them a shot vs anyone & that includes Riverheads.

Reactions: MGF and trutiger16
I just don't want my broncos to play colonial beach in first round they are a scary team if they play mistake football they can beat anybody

In my (somewhat biased) opinion, I feel like Rapp is the most balanced team in Region A and that gives them the advantage. They can run & pass the ball effectively and has good overall team speed. Load the box to stop the run & they will beat you in the air. Play with 2 safeties & that opens the running lanes.
"IF" they can stay healthy & "IF" they play hard for 4qtrs, I give them a shot vs anyone & that includes Riverheads.
I remember in 2015 Rapp came to Sussex and ended our season .

I just don't want my broncos to play colonial beach in first round they are a scary team if they play mistake football they can beat anybody
Franklin overall is the best team in Region A im not sure they realize that. Not having Coach Parker to me has made you guys not as physical. I saw lots of arm tackling and reaching, no one arriving violently Monday night versus Sussex.

Mathematically speaking Franklin has the better shot of hosting. With more points available against their opponents (1-2A, 1-1A, and 1-3A). That’s 54 points without riders.

Northumberland plays 3-1A schools for a max or 48 without riders.

In theory, CB, Essex, and Rappahannock wiill have a say in all this. To the point that Rap can still out point Franklin and is the closest threat on paper to taking over the hosting duties for Region A

Of course all of that doesn’t matter if the Red team goes 1-2 over the last three. If the team goes 2-1, the points should favor games in Greenville until Salem or we are put out.

Should be interesting down the stretch for sure.

Thanks for working on the math (not my cup of tea).

Northumberland has 4 games left (their opponents have around 16 or 17 wins). Are you saying a 10-0 Northumberland would not outpoint Franklin?

Last edited:
No Hate towards Northumberland, the greastest homefield advantage in Region A is the Armory home of the Franklin Broncos. Northumberland is having a great season but they must prove more, Beating Essex this year is not enough. Sorry

The Armory is a tough place to play indeed. My thought was which Region A team can host the State semi game according to points?

Also, nothing but respect for CB. Great coaching and kids, tough Spartan culture they teach there. I enjoyed meeting some great CB fans at the Christchurch game.

trutiger16, if the Indians can knock off CB, would that be an impressive win to you?

The Armory is a tough place to play indeed. My thought was which Region A team can host the State semi game according to points?

Also, nothing but respect for CB. Great coaching and kids, tough Spartan culture they teach there. I enjoyed meeting some great CB fans at the Christchurch game.

trutiger16, if the Indians can knock off CB, would that be an impressive win to you?
You Must win all of them down the stretch. I want your Indians to succeed. Your most dominating win was versus Middlesex not really a fair measuring stick, after that you havent really dominated anyone you must do so to closeout the season , if not any team you face will mentally believe they can beat your Indians. To thread in elite territory you must dominate teams to send a message and get that swagger before playoff time. Good Luck make it happen !

Reactions: MGF and uvacavs1
It will be close but even with the riders I think you end up just short. Let’s assume that you win all 4 left. That’s 64+30 or so riders. That combined with the 114 you currently have would put you at 208 points or 20.8 rating.

If Franklin wins out they would get 54+24 or so riders. That combined with the 134 they have already would put them at 212 points or 21.2.

Like it said it’s close and other people games matter a lot to everyone this year. I was conservative with the rider points so if NHS truly can get 17x2 in rider points then it may be the Indians hosting after all.

The other factor is the forfeit/9 game schedule deal. I am not as versed as I want to be with that but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will come into play as tight as that region is.

Northumberland also has games against Mathews and Northampton if I'm not mistaken . So add 16+2 as well as 16+10 for each of those, or 44 total.
If Northumberland wins out they're just about a lock for #1

Reactions: uvacavs1
You Must win all of them down the stretch. I want your Indians to succeed. Your most dominating win was versus Middlesex not really a fair measuring stick, after that you havent really dominated anyone you must do so to closeout the season , if not any team you face will mentally believe they can beat your Indians. To thread in elite territory you must dominate teams to send a message and get that swagger before playoff time. Good Luck make it happen !

Thanks for the kind words. I could argue that the Essex and Christchurch victories were fairly strong wins but to each his own opinions.

Also, we should have an exciting game v a well disciplined CB as I mentioned above. They scouted the game along with the others v W&L. CB coaching staff always does a fantastic job preparing their kids.

Also, thanks to the CB crew at NHS. I am told that they were very respectful folks....

How many games are left for Northumberland? I thought they had 4 left all against 1A opponents. That was my 64 regular points in the post above. And the +12 is in the 30ish for riders. You could well be right and it may be a forgone conclusion but I stand by my analysis of coming up just a smidge short. Good luck and let the fun begin.

Yes Northumberland has 4 left after the Mathews forfeiture.
So, the Armory is the biggest home field advantage? I've been there 4 times and Franklin lost 3 of those. The only advantage that I've witnessed there has been adults (I mean people looking 30 years old or better) cussing and attempting to intimidate players from the opposing team by standing on the visitors sideline with game administration too scared to do anything about it. Maybe that's changed, but I've seen and heard all of that previously.

Franklin overall is the best team in Region A im not sure they realize that. Not having Coach Parker to me has made you guys not as physical. I saw lots of arm tackling and reaching, no one arriving violently Monday night versus Sussex.
Yeah coach Parker motto was don't beat around the bush go through that mf.lol coach Robinson is a mellow guy an analytical thinker he is gonna hit you you just wont know where or when I think Sussex woke them up though on time will tell but if they don't bring there A game Friday night greensville will pull an upset.

So, the Armory is the biggest home field advantage? I've been there 4 times and Franklin lost 3 of those. The only advantage that I've witnessed there has been adults (I mean people looking 30 years old or better) cussing and attempting to intimidate players from the opposing team by standing on the visitors sideline with game administration too scared to do anything about it. Maybe that's changed, but I've seen and heard all of that previously.
So adults intimidating the opposing teams players smh if you came to more games everyone stand on the fence and behind the ropes all around the stadium the women and families sit in the stands but everywhere you go around our area it like everyone wants to be close to the field I have never witness any adult saying anything to a player and I stand on the visitors side line every time we have a home playoff game. Now fans may have a word or two but that's different and that happened only once that i can remember against riverheads back in 2010 and one of there fans got thrown out but the year GW came there fans was right down there with us talking crap with us and nobody had a problem. The armory is loud and when the broncos take the field it can be a bit overwhelming for a team that haven't seen the festivities before especially when the horses lead us on the field. But all that's just for show riverheads kept there composure and won the game GW stole the game at the end that game was a nail biter.

Thanks for the kind words. I could argue that the Essex and Christchurch wins were fairly strong wins but to each his own opinions.

Also, we should have an exciting game v a well disciplined CB as I mentioned above. They scouted the game along with the others v W&L. CB coaching staff always does a fantastic job preparing their kids.

Also, thanks to the CB crew at NHS. I am told that they were very respectful folks....
TT
You are absolutely correct very s
As a longtime rival of Franklin , i have never witnessed any of the above. I will say its loud, fans are boisterous, and encouraging. The officials catch the dickens all which suppose to happen when you host. Many times after games i have met with and talked with fans after games. Correct me if im wrong the worst incidents in Region A occured in your area Essex and Fort Chiswell ? I was at Essex last year and the environment was similar to Franklin with people around the fence on both sides but fans were tremendous, i even sat with my wife in Essex bleachers. No issues from me with the Armory.

Wizard97 gone head on with your predictions leave my boys alone lol I have been dreading this week I haven't seen greensville play this year but they usually have a bunch of basketball players that can jump out the gym and catch jump balls

All eyes are on region A. B will certainly be Riverheads, C is Galax, D is Chilhowie. I would be shocked if there was an upset there. Region A is up for grabs not because they're down but because they are all really good.

@woodlayer#952002 Franklin 18 Greensville 24 Northumberland 20 Colonial Beach 28.

I see you picked CB to defeat Northumberland by 8. Should be an interesting game.

Man, it seems everyone is picking W&L to defeat 6-1 Rapp in the pick em. I wonder why? What do you guys think? Game is in Montross but still.

I'll be pulling for the Rapp Raiders - Set up that showdown for the next week...

I see you picked CB to defeat Northumberland by 8. Should be an interesting game.

Man, it seems everyone is picking W&L to defeat 6-1 Rapp in the pick em. I wonder why? What do you guys think? Game is in Montross but still.

I'll be pulling for the Rapp Raiders - Set up that showdown for the next week...
I think that's strange too. My numbers say Raiders.

I picked Rapp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT