Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Georgia

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Alabama

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Clemson

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
I'll go with Clemson. gotta stick with the ACC. my second choice would be Oklahoma, because qb Mayfield doesn't take any crap from anyone.

It should be UCF, but apparently it's impossible to have a real playoff in FBS, despite real playoffs being a thing at virtually every other level of football.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I'll go with Clemson. gotta stick with the ACC. my second choice would be Oklahoma, because qb Mayfield doesn't take any crap from anyone.
All that elicit stuff (crouch grabbing/flipping the bird /and all that other unsportsmanlike stuff) back fired on the arrogant thug. Funny that he gets a pass and doesn’t take stuff off of anybody. I’d like to hear what would be said if Lamar Jackson or Russell Wilson or Cam Newton pulled that mess.

Reactions: wikki and Louisadad
All that elicit stuff (crouch grabbing/flipping the bird /and all that other unsportsmanlike stuff) back fired on the arrogant thug. Funny that he gets a pass and doesn’t take stuff off of anybody. I’d like to hear what would be said if Lamar Jackson or Russell Wilson or Cam Newton pulled that mess.
Guess he will have to settle for his Heisman trophy.

Reactions: wikki
please don't mention Cam TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER Newton piece of crap , Mayfield has never been accused of academic cheating or stealing laptops.....................................

Last edited:
please don't mention Cam TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER Newton piece of crap
Lol!! Guess I know how to raddle the cage huh? Talk about an illogical statement. To raddle the cage even more, Cam may be a piece of crap to you but to A LOT of people (young, old, in between, black, white, blue or pink) he’s done so much for in the Charlotte community and is well respected. Give me proof that he cheated. He’s very intelligent (don’t agree with all of the celebrations cause it gives people like you a stick to beat him with). He’s a great father and even better person (football to kid’s after every TD, charities, etc). Don’t believe it, look it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis918777
Lol!! Guess I know how to raddle the cage huh? Talk about an illogical statement. To raddle the cage even more, Cam may be a piece of crap to you but to A LOT of people (young, old and in between) he’s done so much and is well respected. Never cheated BTW. He’s very intelligent (don’t agree with all of the celebrations cause it gives people like you a reason to hate him. He also needs a new wardrobe but hey that’s him), he’s a great father and even better person (football to kid’s after every TD, charities, etc). Don’t believe it, look it up.
this logical enough for you ? http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/college/cam-newton-lame-laptop-thief

why do you think he left the Gators cheating
He was stealing and was doing bad things. He was wrong and rightfully so “a thug”..but did you read his statement regarding that for Thanksgiving? Hear his statements about politics? Ever see him kneel? Talk about character. Of course all of that will sadly be overlooked and we know why.

and you judge Mayfield for grabbing his nuts please ............... don't play the respect card again you don't know what it means

Cam Newton:

“I contemplated posting this and even reluctant about it, but as I think about my life and the many things I’m thankful for, I want to be an open book so people can hear my testimony and learn from the flaws and mistakes I made. On this day — 11/21/2008 — I was arrested for a stolen laptop, and I’m sure you’re asking yourself: ‘Where is he going with this story?’ But the moral of the story is this: On this date, I thought my life and my career was over, and the fact that I had shamed my family with the media coverage surrounding this situation. I vowed to myself on this day (nine years ago) that I will be better from this situation. What you must learn from this story is this: If you live your life listening to what other people are saying what you should do and no your own, shame on you. I can honestly say to you today that no one gave me a chance to succeed down bad in my situation, and if I would have listened to those people that said I can’t, who knows where I would be today. So I’m extremely thankful for God’s mercy, grace and favor over my life. So if I can do it with my circumstances, surely you can do it and be whatever you want to be with hard work and persistence. — Love”

“Side note: And people wonder why I play the game the way I do, act the way I act, dress the way I dress and even live the way I live because, in some people’s eyes, I’m not supposed to be here. But in my eyes, I’m not going to have any regrets with the second chance God has given me! ‘(Ball so hard.)’ I’m shocked, too. I’m supposed to be locked up, too. If you escaped what I’ve escaped, you’d be in Paris getting messed up, too.’ — Jay-Z.” End quote.

Some piece of crap, huh? Sounds like a lot of you can learn from Piece of crap to the highest bidder Newton huh? Sports Head out :cool:

Reactions: MrSir#5
Since you're so easy to forgive I'm sure you will thug Mayfield too won't you................. with a 9 year grace period?????? Respect is earned not given....................

I know where you were going with this, but since someone's character is being talked about in this thread, Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel dont belong ANYWHERE in the same book, much less sentence
Gunz you are right brother. I meant talent wise initially but definitely. Tebow always got a raw deal because he’s religious. Manziel was a great talent but pure out wasted it drinking and partying.

That’s nice to do when you’re forced to LOL... Come on man!! I’m not stupid nor are you so you and me both know the coaching staff, president of the university and AD pushed him to do that. It was so politically correct that I’m offended lol! Makes this statement in February and 6 months later he’s planting flags, crouch grabbing and sticking his middle finger up..How about him making throat slashing gestures at the Georgia bench tonight??? I may be young but I wasn’t born yesterday.

Last edited:
Since you're so easy to forgive I'm sure you will thug Mayfield too won't you................. with a 9 year grace period?????? Respect is earned not given....................
Never said Mayfield shouldn’t be forgiven. We’re all human and we all do stupid things when we are young. I know I have. But what has he done to be respected? His actions proved otherwise..That’s why I asked the initial question..

Baker is granted the ability to get a pass for brash actions is a fine example of privilege that many aren’t afforded. Similarly to the President who admitted to actions unheralded for a person in a position of power and influence. It’s a fact of life that those players you listed who won the Heisman knew that they had to live above the standards and lead an extraordinary life to make it happen. It’s not solely based on race but the term “thug” fits Baker Mayfield more than it does others who have been labeled the term without less merit.

I choose to use the word punk as thug is just too controversial these days. when I was younger had I acted this way they would have called me a little punk kid. now its easy to say thug. all the ppl that were noted here except tebow were at one time or another just plain idiots. I don't put much stock in apologies from these guys as these days its a pc thing to do but I do give second chances for ppl who at least try to better themselves. oh as a side bar manziel is NOT talented just a loser.

Baker is granted the ability to get a pass for brash actions is a fine example of privilege that many aren’t afforded. Similarly to the President who admitted to actions unheralded for a person in a position of power and influence. It’s a fact of life that those players you listed who won the Heisman knew that they had to live above the standards and lead an extraordinary life to make it happen. It’s not solely based on race but the term “thug” fits Baker Mayfield more than it does others who have been labeled the term without less merit.
Well said brother.

Mayfield demonstrates thuggish behavior. Glad Oklahoma lost.

No, I dont believe any of his actions that you want to call thuggish are thug behavior. Definition of thug is a violent person. If he is, then almost all football players are as it is a violent sport.

I dont care for the young man or certainly his actions, but if you are going to use a derogatory name, make sure you are using it correctly.

He has made some immature, demeaning, and childish actions, but not what you want to call him

Ya think Saban would put up with manziel like behavior? Nah his attitude is going to be his downfall, and to be honest ! He was put in his place yesterday , made some bad QB decisions

Ya think Saban would put up with manziel like behavior? Nah his attitude is going to be his downfall, and to be honest ! He was put in his place yesterday , made some bad QB decisions
Kid can ball but he’s a true brat. Don’t care for him but I hope he’s the number 1 draft pick as punishment for his inappropriate behavior in college. We can all see just how good he is and if he can back his arrogance up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT