ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got???

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Several games that are critical to playoff aspirations take place this weekend.

Eastern View at King George

Patrick Henry at Hanover

Powhatan at L C Bird.

If there is a chance of anyone sneaking up on KG this season, this might be the only possibility. But, I really don’t see that happening.

PH and Hanover has the feel of an old fashion slobber knocker. This might be decided on which team has less players banged up and knocked out of the game.

A loss by Powhatan could make them vulnerable to losing the eight and final playoff spot to Courtland. But probably not. Courtland is already two points out of eighth and their last two games are EV and KG.

Matoaca is solidly in the playoffs. Depending more on other teams, the Warriors could finish eight, or as high as fifth.

What's your take on what’s to come?

King George big over EV. Agree Hanover over PH in a close, old fashion, 3 yard and cloud of dust ball game. I like Powhatan's growth/progress this year, but LC Bird gets the dub. In fact, Powhatan will likely lose the next two (Bird and Midlothian). Should end the regular season with a win over Cosby.

Patrick Henry at Hanover

Powhatan at L C Bird.

If there is a chance of anyone sneaking up on KG this season, this might be the only possibility. But, I really don’t see that happening.

PH and Hanover has the feel of an old fashion slobber knocker. This might be decided on which team has less players banged up and knocked out of the game.

A loss by Powhatan could make them vulnerable to losing the eight and final playoff spot to Courtland. But probably not. Courtland is already two points out of eighth and their last two games are EV and KG.

Matoaca is solidly in the playoffs. Depending more on other teams, the Warriors could finish eight, or as high as fifth.

Unless something has changed, the only way King George will lose is if they beat themselves. I saw them play last year against Spotsylvania and Varina and they were extremely undisciplined and careless. That was very unfortunate then for the talent that they had.

Patrick Henry at Hanover

Powhatan at L C Bird.

King George should torch EV’s secondary

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Unless something has changed, the only way King George will lose is if they beat themselves. I saw them play last year against Spotsylvania and Varina and they were extremely undisciplined and careless. That was very unfortunate then for the talent that they had.
If the Foxes were undisciplined last year it appears to be fixed this year. They will be a tough out in the playoffs and have the talent to win the whole dang thing. @OCBoy you are dead on it. King George will have success in the air and on the ground. A little surf and turf special. EV is a decent team; however, Ferguson, Woolfolk, and White will just be too much for the Cyclones.

Reactions: OCBoy
If the Foxes were undisciplined last year it appears to be fixed this year. They will be a tough out in the playoffs and have the talent to win the whole dang thing. @OCBoy you are dead on it. King George will have success in the air and on the ground. A little surf and turf special. EV is a decent team; however, Ferguson, Woolfolk, and White will just be too much for the Cyclones.
Matt saw them live. Those receivers are the real deal.

Matt saw them live. Those receivers are the real deal.
I tried to tell you. The Foxes are a very complete/balanced team. There hasn't been a lot of chatter about Region D or any of the teams in Region C. I know Louisa and Salem are good teams and one of them should be the Region D representative in the state semis. Tuscarora is always in the mix. Does anyone have a clue about Loudon County? I would be highly shocked if anyone other than Kings Fork comes out of Region A.

I tried to tell you. The Foxes are a very complete/balanced team. There hasn't been a lot of chatter about Region D or any of the teams in Region C. I know Louisa and Salem are good teams and one of them should be the Region D representative in the state semis. Tuscarora is always in the mix. Does anyone have a clue about Loudon County? I would be highly shocked if anyone other than Kings Fork comes out of Region A.
Kettle Run may come out of Region C if they can get that defense figured out

Reactions: BleedingNavy

I'm very unsure about C. When you start digging into Tuscarora and LoCo and LoVa's opponents it doesn't paint the clearest picture. Seems like one of those "best team on that Friday night" scenarios and could be anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT