• Yes

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2018
Salem needs to finish strong after losing three games to top ranked opponents. Will they defeat Pulaski or suffer one of their worst regular seasons in years?

Last edited:
The Pulaski game will be a great indicator of where Salem is going into the playoffs. I said that Salem would go 7-3 before the season started so I'll stick with it. If Salem handles Pulaski, look out, they could be a factor in the playoffs. But if the game is really close or Salem loses, look for them to be one and done in playoffs.

Nobody makes a thread like this about any other program, that's what is so funny. Just like there's no "Will a 3-time state title winning program go 0-10?" thread.

There was on the 5a board. Hermitage, but they got a vic now. Salem is still a major threat. Everyone knows that.

Nobody makes a thread like this about any other program, that's what is so funny. Just like there's no "Will a 3-time state title winning program go 0-10?" thread.
Was not being disrespectful. Just wanted to create some sound discussion about the importance of the Pulaski game. If perennial unbeatens DInwiddie, EV, or Lafayette had an apparent tough season I would do the same. I remember Salem fans gloating when LT stumbled the last two seasons. I guess Salem cant be talked about unless we say they will be a force come playoffs. Lol

Lake Taylor didn't create any fans in Salem with their comments after 2015 State Championship game. Salem fans have mad respect for Dinwiddie and Louisa.

There was on the 5a board. Hermitage, but they got a vic now. Salem is still a major threat. Everyone knows that.

Nah, easily down this year, again it's just cute to see. Don't seem to recall a "will LT go 7-3?" thread last year, though, but maybe I missed it.

Was not being disrespectful. Just wanted to create some sound discussion about the importance of the Pulaski game. If perennial unbeatens DInwiddie, EV, or Lafayette had an apparent tough season I would do the same. I remember Salem fans gloating when LT stumbled the last two seasons. I guess Salem cant be talked about unless we say they will be a force come playoffs. Lol

"Create discussion" lol. Lemme know when you toss up the 0-10 Amherst thread, though. Way more discussion worthy than Salem having a down year imo. You can talk about Salem all you want but don't be so passive-aggressive about it and don't complain when someone claps back. Amherst's season is something infinitely more embarrassing than going 6-4 after 3 state titles in a row (for the second time as a program, again something none of your teams come remotely close to accomplishing). You can say 6-4, just remember you're staring down the barrel of 0-10.

Not a major threat this year. Won’t make it past 1st or 2nd round of playoffs.

So, no different than Pulaski for the last decade.

Nah, easily down this year, again it's just cute to see. Don't seem to recall a "will LT go 7-3?" thread last year, though, but maybe I missed it.

"Create discussion" lol. Lemme know when you toss up the 0-10 Amherst thread, though. Way more discussion worthy than Salem having a down year imo. You can talk about Salem all you want but don't be so passive-aggressive about it and don't complain when someone claps back. Amherst's season is something infinitely more embarrassing than going 6-4 after 3 state titles in a row (for the second time as a program, again something none of your teams come remotely close to accomplishing). You can say 6-4, just remember you're staring down the barrel of 0-10.

Why would we rehash the Amherst record. Heck, after the mess the Amherst administration has put this team through most of us feel bad for the kids. @1MoreHokie why would you use Amherst as an example. No disrespect, they have a sound history but Amherst has not been a factor in Class 4 since realignment. In fact, they are 28-35 since 2013 with a 1-4 playoff record. Not sure this even equates to a three straight class 4 champion possibly limping into the playoffs. Yes, that is extremely news worthy.

The Pulaski game will be a great indicator of where Salem is going into the playoffs. I said that Salem would go 7-3 before the season started so I'll stick with it. If Salem handles Pulaski, look out, they could be a factor in the playoffs. But if the game is really close or Salem loses, look for them to be one and done in playoffs.
Pulaski “County” needs to worry about Patrick Henry right now and that’s all. PH has plenty of athletes to give a team problems is not taken seriously.

Why bring Pulaski into it? I was stating an opinion on Salem.

Please stop, until we win a district title or a region title or more juststop
Stop what? I can’t have an honest opinion about Salem without everyone crying about it? You do know it is possible for someone to have an opinion about another team without it having to do a damn thing about their own favorite team? If I say Salem is not a threat, it does not mean I’m saying Pulaski is a threat. Chill out.

Fan base decention. Never a good sign. Trouble in Cougarland
Lol. Since when has a fan ever won a game? Have to admit it is quite interesting. Maybe 1morehokie is correct. Some people are afraid of the great big wolf and want to throw shade on the Spartans. Not my intent. I coach a three straight championship team, so I know the deal. We had an off year last season and yes people talked about it for months. When your good your good and when things dont go well people talk.

Lol. Since when has a fan ever won a game? Have to admit it is quite interesting. Maybe 1morehokie is correct. Some people are afraid of the great big wolf and want to throw shade on the Spartans. Not my intent. I coach a three straight championship team, so I know the deal. We had an off year last season and yes people talked about it for months. When your good your good and when things dont go well people talk.

@1MoreHokie, I just reread your post. I am not an Amherst dad. Sorry I confused you. I coach at LC Bird. The Lancerdad name holds a private meaning.

Reactions: mbonape1 and wikki
Why would we rehash the Amherst record. Heck, after the mess the Amherst administration has put this team through most of us feel bad for the kids. @1MoreHokie why would you use Amherst as an example. No disrespect, they have a sound history but Amherst has not been a factor in Class 4 since realignment. In fact, they are 28-35 since 2013 with a 1-4 playoff record. Not sure this even equates to a three straight class 4 champion possibly limping into the playoffs. Yes, that is extremely news worthy.
I will have to say that I agree with the Amherst program. It is not the kids fault at all. They were thrown into a bad situation that shouldn’t have happened the way it did. I said in previous post that this team has stayed and fought to the end in every game. The coaches that are their now were also dealt the bad hand. They have continued to encourage this team. I’ve talked to them and the players and they will not give up. I heard several of the players this Friday night hug each other and they said “I love you man” they were sad of course. There have still been many fans coming out for this team. Hopefully in the near future, Amherst will get back to what they were before. Administration needs to do better as well. I appreciate all the posters to not be negative against this team.

Last edited:
@1MoreHokie, I just reread your post. I am not an Amherst dad. Sorry I confused you. I coach at LC Bird. The Lancerdad name holds a private meaning.

Makes more sense now. Have to understand that Amherst is a big rival to Salem, thread basically looks like it was started by a rival.

Why bring Pulaski into it? I was stating an opinion on Salem.

Don't get hurt by the fact I talked back about your team. If you want me to start the thread about how Pulaski has had one (1) quality season since Hicks retired we can talk about it there. It is what it is right now, you're punching up and Salem not only has more general success but the rivalry has been unbelievably lopsided. UVA fans are allowed to have an opinion on VT, too, (and VT sucks this year) but they're still UVA.

Last edited:
Makes more sense now. Have to understand that Amherst is a big rival to Salem, thread basically looks like it was started by a rival.

Don't get hurt by the fact I talked back about your team. If you want me to start the thread about how Pulaski has had one (1) quality season since Hicks retired we can talk about it there. It is what it is right now, you're punching up and Salem not only has more general success but the rivalry has been unbelievably lopsided. UVA fans are allowed to have an opinion on VT, too, (and VT sucks this year) but they're still UVA.
So basically I’m not allowed to have an opinion on another team without someone bringing my team into the conversation? is this middle school or what? Grow up.

Wow. Could Salem and Pulaski become a rivalry again? We are hearing a very faint roar out of the deep dark Pulaski cave for the first time in a long time. I remember when Pulaski fans filled this board and argued vociferously that Pulaski was a better team and more importantly a better program than Salem. Salem kinda put that discussion to an end , but Welcome back anyway.

If you share an opinion about another team then you can usually expect to hear a fan from that team share their opinion of your team. That's just life. What did you expect really?
I expected a grown up conversation. That’s not just life. That’s the life of immature people on this board. Real life, not the lives of people hiding behind computer screens, is about being able to have an opinion about something i.e. Salem and not have it turn into a childish conversation. All I said was Salem would end up 6-4 and be an early exit in the playoffs. God forbid anyone, much less a Pulaski fan, have anything to say about Salem.

Wow. Could Salem and Pulaski become a rivalry again? We are hearing a very faint roar out of the deep dark Pulaski cave for the first time in a long time. I remember when Pulaski fans filled this board and argued vociferously that Pulaski was a better team and more importantly a better program than Salem. Salem kinda put that discussion to an end , but Welcome back anyway.
At least for the next couple of years it should be. I’ve only lived here for a couple of years so I don’t share the hatred of Salem. However, being a part of this board could change that very quickly.

At least for the next couple of years it should be. I’ve only lived here for a couple of years so I don’t share the hatred of Salem. However, being a part of this board could change that very quickly.
Get in line. We don't care. People hate New England, Alabama, the Yankees, Kentucky and Duke hoops. So Salem is in good company for the same reason.

I expected a grown up conversation. That’s not just life. That’s the life of immature people on this board. Real life, not the lives of people hiding behind computer screens, is about being able to have an opinion about something i.e. Salem and not have it turn into a childish conversation. All I said was Salem would end up 6-4 and be an early exit in the playoffs. God forbid anyone, much less a Pulaski fan, have anything to say about Salem.
Obviously, there is a lot of crap here that you have to put up with to get a grown-up conversation, that's life. If you and I were talking in person we could have a grown-up conversation but on the boards you find a bunch of other non grown up stuff and it's immature as imaginable.

Reactions: FootballArmy

Gonna need way more than a win a decade to be a rivalry again.

What are the chances Pulaski and Salem play back to back weeks if Pulaski wins this week?

Reactions: mbonape1
Pulaski Co will go 7-3 and be an early exit from the playoffs. Lol in all seriousness we can only speculate who’s going to win games. This One should be a good one. I’m betting they play again in first round.

Reactions: FootballArmy
Lake Taylor didn't create any fans in Salem with their comments after 2015 State Championship game. Salem fans have mad respect for Dinwiddie and Louisa.
And Salem fans didn’t create any fans in Norfolk with their comments all season. Lake Taylor and Salem coaches have a lot of respect for each other. Period. Should have gloated in 2014 when I had the chance because these folks are relentless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT