ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson at Riverheads Rained Out But Here are Some TV Options

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
The teams were there, at least a few fans were ready to go, but Mother Nature, cantankerous gal that she can be, had other ideas. Oh well considering how badly we need rain, it is probably all for the best. No make up date was announced.

So to take up the slack, here are some TV suggestions for the next 24 hours or so, as three of our major in-state universities will be taking the spotlight on national TV and will hopefully represent us well.

Tonight (Friday) is Ladies Night. First at 9:00 on ESPN U, the JMU Lady Dukes are at Missouri for the first game of their best-of-three Super Regional. Head Coach Loren LaPorte is married to RHS graduate Josh LaPorte for those area fans who may not know that. You can then channel-surf if interested, starting at 9:30, when the Lady Hokies take to the field on ESPN 2 for the second game of their Super Regional at UCLA. I should have checked the score before I started typing but the last score I heard Thursday night had VT ahead 4-0 in the opening game. So if they did in fact win that one, they could clinch a spot tonight in the Women's College World Series.

Tomorrow, UVa takes center stage, starting at 12 noon on ESPN U, with the National Semi-finals in Men's Lacrosse, where they will take on North Carolina. I believe I am correct that UVa is the defending national champ.

Then at 1:00 the baseball team will take on Duke in the semi-finals of the ACC Tournament. The Wahoos will be hard-pressed to top their astonishing 14-1 pounding earlier today of Number One Seed Notre Dame, but hopefully they can keep the momentum going. Today's win should most certainly nail down an NCAA berth if they didn't already have one. Most of the ACC tournament has been broadcast on MASN, but I suppose that could change now that they have reached the semis. So as they say, check your local listings!

Last but not least, at 7:00 Saturday night, the JMU women will have their second game in that Missouri super-regional. I believe I read that game would be on ESPN 2 but again check those listings. In today's H'burg paper, a Lady Tiger was quoted as saying she "hopes we can wrap up the series in two games instead of having to go to three," so how about it Dukes Fans, are we going to let her get away with that???

If a third game should be needed in that series, I would assume it would be Sunday. As for the VT/UCLA series, if that goes to a third game, it should logically be sometime Saturday, since tonight is their second game.

Somewhere in all of that, you should find at least SOMETHING interesting to watch!!!

Last edited:
Loren is from Northumberland County and is one of the nicest persons you'd ever want to meet.

That series is now tied at one game apiece. The rubber match to determine who goes to the World Series is on at noon Sunday on ESPN. Missouri would now seem to have the momentum but hey...that is why they play the games!

After that beatdown they took Saturday night, I was not expecting the best game out of the Lady Dukes today, but they delivered a beatdown of their own (7-2) and they are now headed to the Women's College World Series for the first time in school history. Congratulations to Loren and her girls.

Reactions: BGfootball95
Only bad thing is now JMU draws OU, who can mash the ball as hard as any softball team I've seen, ever. Good luck keeping those girls in the yard lol

I know what you mean. I saw on the news that OU has a 50-2 record. Yikes! Oh well at least it is a double elimination deal so maybe somebody else out there can match up with OU and get them out.

Reactions: BigWinners
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT