ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson Memorial's Church Transferring to EMHS

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
There was an article in the Harrisonburg paper about Chance Church, a shooting guard for Wilson, who has decided to transfer to Eastern Mennonite for his final two years of eligibility. I don't have the story right in front of me, but I know it had something to do with recuperating from an injury.

I was a bit puzzled because the article appeared to say that one of the reasons for the transfer was that he would gain a year of eligibility. It said that he would be classified as a junior. That is where my confusion comes in because I am pretty sure he was a sophomore this past year at Wilson, which would have also made him a junior there if he had stayed. So I am shaky on where the extra year comes in to play.

I am sure he knows what he is doing and that is the important thing. Good luck to him.

MaxPreps listed him as a Jr during the 2017-2018 season. If correct, by going to EMHS and re-classifying, he'll once again be a Jr this upcoming season.

Makes sense. The way time flies it seems like just yesterday that he was an eighth-grader. Thanks for the clarification.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT