ADVERTISEMENT

WP v NHS

Still 19-12. Game still stopped for a WP injury. Loading him into ambulance it looks like.

Any update on the West Point player? I heard it was a very serious situation not taken very serious by some.

Reactions: obguthr
Any update on the West Point player? I heard it was a very serious situation not taken very serious by some.

Seemed serious as it stopped play for a good 20-25 mins. Who didn’t take it seriously?

Just hearing a lack of sportsmanship, total hearsay though.

Last edited:
Just hearing a lack of sportsmanship, total hearsay though.

I overheard the NHS coaches telling all the players to take a knee. They all did. After awhile, some players had to move a bit as it was cold and they were kneeling in the mud. Some NHS players stayed on their knee for the entire 25 minutes.

WP players also had to eventually get up out of the cold mud and start moving a bit.

The NHS administration and head coach was there on the field the entire time with the injured player to offer any assistance if needed.

Both sides all clapped when the player was taken off the field. I hope the young man is okay.

Reactions: peck_7
Yeah, I didn’t notice any overt lack of sportsmanship. If WP players/parents/fans got upset because NHS players were talking/joking after the initial shock wore off, I think that’s a bit thin-skinned.

Would love to hear any update on the injured kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT