ADVERTISEMENT

York-Poquoson game moved...

Dec 10, 2003
...to Saturday at 2:30 pm. Can't recall a season in which weather has forced so many scheduling changes all across the state.

Reactions: obguthr
Ugh, what a disappointing finish to the regular season...they lost the #2 seed and Schmidt got hurt towards the end of the game. It's worth mentioning that Poquoson played w/out two of their starters, but I didn't see this one coming, given how they'd been playing...the Islanders better turn it on, or this will be a season of "what could've been".

It's water under the bridge at this point, but what'd you think of the game, islandersfan?

It seemed like Poquoson was flat...perhaps overconfident? They couldn't get anything going...penalties, defensive lapses, etc. York's no slouch, but I expected the Islanders to handle 'em....

They were flat, and I don't know why. Doughty and Barrett being out definitely hurt on defense. Parker's passing game was off, and the running game stymied. And that non-call against York for pass interference on Noah Hunter, where he was pushed to the ground from behind at about the 5 yardline and Poquoson had to settle for a field goal, certainly did not help the cause. The ball was catchable in my opinion. And the injury to another key player in Schmidt may really hurt the Islanders' chances moving forward. A forgettable game from Poquoson's perspective.

I think they can probably afford to rest Schmidt Friday night, but not after that....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT