ADVERTISEMENT

Your voice!

Which of these teams should be the #1 ranked squad for the 2016 football season?

• Appomattox

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Clarke County

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • R.E. Lee

• Union

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glenvar

• Goochland

• Richlands

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Buckingham

• Dan River

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Graham was a very mediocre team for the first half of last season. Graham's lineplay improved throughout the year and they were playing their best ball at the end of the season and finally creating some holes for him to run through, as evidenced against James River and Union (until he got hurt, Union could not stop him.) He had to get most of his yards by himself for the first half of the season, on some truly remarkable plays. He is being recruited by several D 1 schools, including Virginia Tech. So is a rising junior in Taymon Cooke. Couple of others on the radar from smaller schools, now from Graham due to the eyes on these 2. This kid has a tremendous work ethic. He is very respectable and is a leader on the field. He has been a blessing, the other kids are working harder to keep up with him. He is just what Graham needed, he reminds me of Graham players of old...tough, persistent and will come at you for an entire game, no matter what the score I wish the kid all the best. He will go far, whether he chooses to play football or not?

As for Graham having other transfers coming this season. I have only heard of one that may "possibly" come and if he does it would be a huge asset, he has D 1 potential as well and is a very similar player to Couson. I don't think he is coming, however... I believe he has already drawn interest from a lot of schools. Freddie Simon is famous for butting heads with players at Bluefield, so it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of kids wanted to come across the line to play at Graham.

Graham lost one player to Richlands, but should still have plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball. They will light up the scoreboard this season, but defense and lineplay is the big question.

Good thing about Graham, is if you stop Cousin, the passing game will pick you apart. They have weapons all over the field and 3 guys that can play the qb position well. All 3 of them are very skilled receivers as well. Couple of kids from the basketball team playing this season as well. Guess we will see on August 1st.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT