ADVERTISEMENT

Meadowbrook has named Billy Rudd as their new Head Football Coach!

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
20220403220911_134_mascot300Near.png

Per source, Meadowbrook (@MbkAthletics) has named Billy Rudd (CoachBRudd) as their new Head Football Coach! He most recently was the Offensive Coordinator at Matoaca. Rudd replaces Recharde Goodwyn, who stepped down after two seasons.
@CBS6
@MBK_Football

Reactions: 804 Football Fan
I don’t know anything about Coach Rudd, but I like that he is an alumni. He knows how the culture was, and I’m sure it will be his goal to restore that culture.

I hope that the AD and Administration will get on board and support the football program for a change. They, not the coach or the players, have been the problem.

Rudd was a kicker and punter at Meadowbrook. He also played goalie on their soccer team. He coached on a very young Matoaca staff for several years and those guys brought back some discipline to that program. I agree with @DinwiddieProud regarding the AD. If she supports him and lets him instill his philosophy the program will grow. He knows how to work hard, so that's part one of the battle. Getting buy in is #2. DP you met him before the Dinwiddie vs. Matoaca game several years ago. I actually introduced you to him.

football players have been routinely "moving out of the zone" so they can play football elsewhere so he has an uphill fight - that and the fact that a large portion of his student population is now hispanic.

football players have been routinely "moving out of the zone" so they can play football elsewhere so he has an uphill fight - that and the fact that a large portion of his student population is now hispanic.
Great points @EPJr. I certainly don't think Rudd can get Meadowbrook back to the top level; however, I do expect improved competitiveness, organization, and discipline. Best of luck to Coach Rudd, his staff, and the team.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Great points @EPJr. I certainly don't think Rudd can get Meadowbrook back to the top level; however, I do expect improved competitiveness, organization, and discipline. Best of luck to Coach Rudd, his staff, and the team.
I personally hope so since I now live near MBK and want to enjoy going over there to watch some games during the season.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT