ADVERTISEMENT

(1) Thomas Jefferson at (1) Stuarts Draft Saturday 1 pm

All I know is Richmond, and this is their 1st year in Class 2. @EPJr would know the specifics I'm sure
@BigWinners and @Gunz41 first i want to say Congrats to SD for making this far Gunz! I know you are excited! 2nd, when i looked at google maps, it looks like this school is down town Richmond, that is why i asked? Like where is their stadium at if it was a home game?

@BigWinners and @Gunz41 first i want to say Congrats to SD for making this far Gunz! I know you are excited! 2nd, when i looked at google maps, it looks like this school is down town Richmond, that is why i asked? Like where is their stadium at if it was a home game?

I don't know if it was like that for regular season, but I think their playoff games were at Huguenot

This season will be a great thing for all 3 City schools. I am proud of the kid's and coaches. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for the kids being in 2A.

They’d play at Huguenot even though they’re 5 minutes from Hermitage. I think they play at Huguenot because it’s a city school. TJ’s stadium is very unique but it wouldn’t be able to hold a lot of fans.

TJ is in what's called the near West End near the corner of West Broad St and Staples Mill Rd(250 & 33). The do have a stadium on campus but limited seating and no lights. You can actually ride 250 all the way from Staunton and as soon as you hit the RIC city limits 3/4 of a mile you can see the school and field on right

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
They’d play at Huguenot even though they’re 5 minutes from Hermitage. I think they play at Huguenot because it’s a city school. TJ’s stadium is very unique but it wouldn’t be able to hold a lot of fans.
You are correct as to why they play at Huguenot as it is a city school. Actually RPS did not build any stadiums at the city high schools, fields yes, stadiums no. Huguenot was originally built by Chesterfield County and was annexed into the city in the early 70's. All the other city schools at the time played their varsity games either at Hovey Field, Virginia Unions home field, or City Stadium. The JV teams did play at the high schools because all our games were at 4 in the afternoon. Do any of the city schools have lights besides Huguenot. Walker was once a proud regular school. With the consolidation of schools starting in the 1979-80 school year Walker was no longer used, once they de-consolidated Walker became a Governor's School.

There is one loss that TJ has that has me bewildered. Thats Amelia. They are not a very good team. Not sure what happened there. Thats why I give a huge edge to SD.

You need to do your research before making comments like that. TJ has played three 5A teams this year, and a combination of other schools their size. This team has incredible speed, and legitimate size for a 2A program. They are well coach on both sides of the ball, and utilize their skill players in space to allow them to be successful offensively. Augusta County schools kill me with the lack of respect for schools outside that region. Didn't Stuart Draft get blowed out by the Riverheads a 1A powerhouse? And that Amelia game was lost by 3 tds cause to turning the ball over. The other lost was to a 10-0 5A program. Do you research buddy.

You need to do your research before making comments like that. TJ has played three 5A teams this year, and a combination of other schools their size. This team has incredible speed, and legitimate size for a 2A program. They are well coach on both sides of the ball, and utilize their skill players in space to allow them to be successful offensively. Augusta County schools kill me with the lack of respect for schools outside that region. Didn't Stuart Draft get blowed out by the Riverheads a 1A powerhouse? And that Amelia game was lost by 3 tds cause to turning the ball over. The other lost was to a 10-0 5A program. Do you research buddy.

I'm thinking he meant Amelia wasn't a very good team, not TJ.

I think TJ is VERY good and SD will have to bring their A game just to have a chance

You are correct as to why they play at Huguenot as it is a city school. Actually RPS did not build any stadiums at the city high schools, fields yes, stadiums no. Huguenot was originally built by Chesterfield County and was annexed into the city in the early 70's. All the other city schools at the time played their varsity games either at Hovey Field, Virginia Unions home field, or City Stadium. The JV teams did play at the high schools because all our games were at 4 in the afternoon. Do any of the city schools have lights besides Huguenot. Walker was once a proud regular school. With the consolidation of schools starting in the 1979-80 school year Walker was no longer used, once they de-consolidated Walker became a Governor's School.
John Marshall has lights I believe but they almost always play their home games in the afternoon. They played all of their games at Huguey this year. Armstrong definitely has lights but plays during the day when they play the city schools. Wythe seldom plays at home but their stadium has lights. I’m not sure about Tee Jay.

These 2 teams can play. That is why they are both in the final 4. My question is can TJ stop the Wing T style Draft does? Maybe they do Maybe They don't but it will be a good game either way!

John Marshall has lights I believe but they almost always play their home games in the afternoon. They played all of their games at Huguey this year. Armstrong definitely has lights but plays during the day when they play the city schools. Wythe seldom plays at home but their stadium has lights. I’m not sure about Tee Jay.
Thanks! Its been awhile since I have attended games in the RVA. I hate when you refer to "Armstrong" as I attended Kennedy, and we did not have lights or seats back then.the only school partially in Richmond and partially in Henrico County. I am glad they have upgraded facilities. Why do they still play day games is it for safety reasons or official shortage and this allows officials to call 2 games on Friday afternoon/evening?

Thanks! Its been awhile since I have attended games in the RVA. I hate when you refer to "Armstrong" as I attended Kennedy, and we did not have lights or seats back then.the only school partially in Richmond and partially in Henrico County. I am glad they have upgraded facilities. Why do they still play day games is it for safety reasons or official shortage and this allows officials to call 2 games on Friday afternoon/evening?
@EPJr would be the best source. I know there’s been a couple of times in the past 3 years that it was safety. Basketball games have zero problems and they’re played at night.

I'm thinking he meant Amelia wasn't a very good team, not TJ.

I think TJ is VERY good and SD will have to bring their A game just to have a chance

Help me understand then how they barely beat Gretna (by 1 I think) and if I remember correct Gretna turned the ball over multiple times.
That's the hurdle in my mind, the one point win. Especially when we beat Gretna twice 21-7 the first time and 35-14 (or 13) the second time and all of their 21 combined points came in the waning minutes of the games.

To me from what i read Gretna should have won their game against them... Anyone see that game?

Help me understand then how they barely beat Gretna (by 1 I think) and if I remember correct Gretna turned the ball over multiple times.
That's the hurdle in my mind, the one point win. Especially when we beat Gretna twice 21-7 the first time and 35-14 (or 13) the second time and all of their 21 combined points came in the waning minutes of the games.

To me from what i read Gretna should have won their game against them... Anyone see that game?

What is hard to understand? I'm confused! It's called match ups my guy. It's the same reason Buckingham beat Appomattox 27-6, but lose to East Rockingham who I know for a fact isn't a better program. Injuries, schemes, suspensions, ect. You evaluate based on coach and preperation, and most importantly CONSISTENCY. These are high school kids. Yall better worry about Devin Lester and Graham. I got Graham doing numbers this weekend at 2:00 pm.

What is hard to understand? I'm confused! It's called match ups my guy. It's the same reason Buckingham beat Appomattox 27-6, but lose to East Rockingham who I know for a fact isn't a better program. Injuries, schemes, suspensions, ect. You evaluate based on coach and preperation, and most importantly CONSISTENCY. These are high school kids. Yall better worry about Devin Lester and Graham. I got Graham doing numbers this weekend at 2:00 pm.

Why the insulation that “y’all” aren’t worried about Graham???

I thought Buckingham was decimated with injuries and not the same team that played Appo.

Ain’t NOBODY in Appomattox looking past Graham!!!!

I did. I was not impressed with TJ until they blew the whistle and kicked off. LOL. Yes we turned the ball over but they made us pay like a good team will. They have speed and some really good athletes. Play hard with passion. I know nothing about Stuarts Draft but they better not look past TJ. My opinion with no disrespect is the Graham V Appomattox game will produce eventual state champ.And I am usually wrong so dont bet the farm.

Reactions: Bucktown434
I did. I was not impressed with TJ until they blew the whistle and kicked off. LOL. Yes we turned the ball over but they made us pay like a good team will. They have speed and some really good athletes. Play hard with passion. I know nothing about Stuarts Draft but they better not look past TJ. My opinion with no disrespect is the Graham V Appomattox game will produce eventual state champ.And I am usually wrong so dont bet the farm.

There is only 1 regular poster from SD, and I have certainly never said we would beat anyone, much less TJ. So the only people who could be view as "looking past" them aren't from SD.

There is only 1 regular poster from SD, and I have certainly never said we would beat anyone, much less TJ. So the only people who could be view as "looking past" them aren't from SD.
Did not mean to imply that. Only said do not look past them.

Research on what? I said Amelia wasnt a very good team and theyre not so you do your research “BUDDY”

For TJ people, the trip to Stuarts Draft will be a piece of cake. Take I-64 from Richmond west to Exit 94. Come up the ramp and turn left, which will put you on Rt. 340 South. Go about five miles and the school complex is on your right. Look for the Liberty gas station and it is right behind that. Lots of parking. If you are planning a lunch stop, there are 20 options back at that 64 interchange or you can arrive early enough to locate the school and then drive past it into the town itself where you will find lots of options also.

i actually saw game in person and Gretna should have won.They fumbled twice to end promising drives plus a muffed pump deep in their territory That said TJ does have a decent team but don't believe they can beat graham or appomattox.As far as stuarts draft i know nothing about them so not sure who wins that game.......

i actually saw game in person and Gretna should have won.They fumbled twice to end promising drives plus a muffed pump deep in their territory That said TJ does have a decent team but don't believe they can beat graham or appomattox.As far as stuarts draft i know nothing about them so not sure who wins that game.......

TJ on these boards with no fans like many do until a team got hot. I would read the boards from 2012 until 2015. I just come to see what people was talking about (like many do). I had to jump in when people was on here talking about Appomattox got a D but no O in 2015, NOBODY from Appo was coming to the defense until I did, now there is like 10 of us on here. I love it! More fans need to be on here!

That is why i love being in Hampton now, I can venture off and know what people are saying in all the chat rooms now cause i go to the games out here. SHOOOOOOOT...I just had a convo about an hour ago at a restaurant with Phoebus coaches and HC (whom I have became friends with), great dude!!!!

From what I was told about the GHS game was TJ had bus problems and basically got off the bus walked to the field and kicked off. Now I know they had to have a few minutes to stretch but was told did not have their entire pre-game warm-up. GHS jumped on them early and at some point in the 2nd qtr TJ settled down got into the flow of the game and was basically the better team from that point. Also GHS must have figured the same as they scored late and went for 2 and the win instead of tying game and going to OT. The old adage goes, maybe I am to old school, play for the win on the road and tie at home. I guess GHS figured TJ was better suited to win in OT at that point. Of course maybe kicker was hurt or was having a bad game and that is why they went for 2. If what I was told is correct though TJ arrived at field around 6:15 or so for 7:00 kick off.

From what I was told about the GHS game was TJ had bus problems and basically got off the bus walked to the field and kicked off. Now I know they had to have a few minutes to stretch but was told did not have their entire pre-game warm-up. GHS jumped on them early and at some point in the 2nd qtr TJ settled down got into the flow of the game and was basically the better team from that point. Also GHS must have figured the same as they scored late and went for 2 and the win instead of tying game and going to OT. The old adage goes, maybe I am to old school, play for the win on the road and tie at home. I guess GHS figured TJ was better suited to win in OT at that point. Of course maybe kicker was hurt or was having a bad game and that is why they went for 2. If what I was told is correct though TJ arrived at field around 6:15 or so for 7:00 kick off.

Don't think the bus problems had any bearing whatsoever on the game.Take out the 3 fumbles Gretna had and the game is not even close.That said TJ does have a good QB and several good receivers.....

They did arrive late. We were not sure if bus issue or left school too late. They didnt have normal time maybe but it was NOT like they stepped off bus and had to play. No way. We did not play well but kudos to TJ. Agree that they probably cant beat Graham nor Appomattox. I also know nothing about SD.

They did arrive late. We were not sure if bus issue or left school too late. They didnt have normal time maybe but it was NOT like they stepped off bus and had to play. No way. We did not play well but kudos to TJ. Agree that they probably cant beat Graham nor Appomattox. I also know nothing about SD.
When Appo played Gretna first time gretna was having problems with fumbles.

When Appo played Gretna first time gretna was having problems with fumbles.

JM does not have lights - the neighbors headed by Roy West saw to that
Armstrong home games ARE on Friday night
Wythe does not have a stadium or home games except for homecoming and that is a HHS
TJ also does not have lights

If every yard you have comes from runs and score 49 points, you flat out dominated your opponent.

That’s impressive for sure.
I was suspect on TJ but beating them like that is a drubbing.
Congrats to the Staunton folks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT