ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Varina vs. #3 Huguenot

Who wins?

• Varina

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Huguenot

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
I'll admit I haven't seen Huguenot play and I've only seen the 4th quarter of the Varina/Highland Springs game (which Varina should have won in my opinion - HS had to score on their last possession to win which they did so give them credit). Varina played undefeated 6A Freedom HS (Prince William Countly) and only lost by 1 TD (8 points). Freedom beat everyone else they played by 50-60 points. Given those two games, I have a hard time seeing Varina losing this game. I think they probably win the region and make a good bid for the state.

Last edited:
This game will be close. Varina all year has showed they have a tendency to struggle against teams with above or the same amount of talent as them. I wouldn’t be surprised if this game plays out the same way the Hermitage, Glen Allen game played out.
Depends on who plays quarterback for Varina

Reactions: General172011
This game will be close. Varina all year has showed they have a tendency to struggle against teams with above or the same amount of talent as them. I wouldn’t be surprised if this game plays out the same way the Hermitage, Glen Allen game played out.
Very possible. They won't be able to straight up out athlete them, so will the offense finally have a game plan that's not backyard football?

Huguenot won’t beat Varina. Varina will represent the East for the C4 State Championship. They are hands down the best team in 4B.

Reactions: OCBoy
@OCBoy I’ll expand on my statement. Many people say things for likes and to be PC on here.. I’m not one of those.

Huguenot will give Varina the most trouble out of anyone left in this 4B field. They have the speed to beat you on the outside, they have enough elite level receivers that’ll make that very good Varina secondary have to play man and they have a hell of a running game. People sleep on their defense but they have a lot of athletes and big bodies coming at you. People have doubted my statements about Huguenot all year but that’s a top 6 team left in C4.

I see the comments above of people who talk just to talk and have not seen Linwood Johnson play since Kaleb Wyche had all of Richmond talking about his performance against the Springers. Linwood been on another level. Had over 200 yards passing against PH Ashland and had almost 300 Friday. He’s playing a lot more confident and he’s moving around in the pocket. It’s like when Saban replaced Hurts for Tua. Hurts could’ve cried and transferred, but he didn’t. He got better and that’s what Wood has done. Varina’s offense is not the same offense you saw those first 7 games. I don’t make score predictions but I like an + 56 points scored in this one between both teams.

Huguenot needed the last play of the game to only scored 25 on a Powhatan defense that's nothing close to Varina. If the game is close it will be because of Varina’s lack of running game and creativity on offense and it will be a low scoring game. I don't believe Varina will be able to drop bombs all game. The only team Huguenot has played close to this level is Manchester and that wasn't close. 21-7 or like 14-0 Varina is a lot more realistic to me since Varina struggles against athletic teams.

This games gonna be close. PH was bad this year we all know about Courtland. It’s easy to look good against bad teams but what have you done for me lately against the halfway decent ones? I understand your confidence but Varina has shown me nothing offensively against good competition that would have me confident that they would run away with this game, 4B. There is a 8 game sample against decent-good teams on Varinas schedule. All of those ended up being 1 score games where Varina struggled except IR where they scored late. Huguenot has struggled against good-average teams all year in games they should’ve steam rolled. This game will end up being somewhere in the realm of 21-12, 21-20. I’d be flabbergasted if either team win by more than 10 points

This games gonna be close. PH was bad this year we all know about Courtland. It’s easy to look good against bad teams but what have you done for me lately against the halfway decent ones? I understand your confidence but Varina has shown me nothing offensively against good competition that would have me confident that they would run away with this game, 4B. There is a 8 game sample against decent-good teams on Varinas schedule. All of those ended up being 1 score games where Varina struggled except IR where they scored late. Huguenot has struggled against good-average teams all year in games they should’ve steam rolled. This game will end up being somewhere in the realm of 21-12, 21-20. I’d be flabbergasted if either team win by more than 10 points
I agree with you! I think this game is going to be somewhere in the 14-6 range. I have said it once, and I’ll say it again…. That quarterback does not fit Varina’s system! Any team/QB is going to look good against weaker competition, but now things get a whole lot tougher. i’m not completely sold on the Huguenot defense, but the Varina defense will be the toughest defense Huguenot has seen since Manchester. Special-teams could be a big factor in this game too!!!

Reactions: General172011
Good stuff fellas. Should be some fun games. I will say all things considered the pressure is probably more on Varina to beat the upstart team and to keep it real make sure none of their players leave. I think it's important for Varina to dominate this game.

Last edited:
I agree with you! I think this game is going to be somewhere in the 14-6 range. I have said it once, and I’ll say it again…. That quarterback does not fit Varina’s system! Any team/QB is going to look good against weaker competition, but now things get a whole lot tougher. i’m not completely sold on the Huguenot defense, but the Varina defense will be the toughest defense Huguenot has seen since Manchester. Special-teams could be a big factor in this game too!!!
You just be loud and wrong 😂 I like you though Hoosprings.

Good stuff fellas. Should be some fun games. I will say all things considered the pressure is probably more on Varina to beat the upstart team and to keep it real make sure none of there players leave. I think it's important for Varina to dominate this game.
Nah none of those Varina kids are leaving. They’re actually getting a 4 Star that’ll play opposite of D1 next year. Varina and Huguenot will be the game of the playoffs for the next 4-5 years.

Reactions: GoBlue2109
You just be loud and wrong 😂 I like you though Hoosprings.
Tell me where I’m wrong! We just saw what a team the level of Highland Springs does to a team like Cosby. The same Cosby team that beat Huguenot. We all saw what Manchester did to Huguenot. They ran the ball down their throat and took the skilled DBs out of the equation, forcing them to tackle instead of playing coverage. do you think Varina is going to line up and run that big running back right at Huguenot? We have all seen what a Varina offense looks like this year with Johnson at QB. The Wyche kid fits that offense better than a pro style pocket passer with a big,slow OL. Quite honestly, I’m not sure if Varina even scores against Highland Springs if Johnson stays in the game. I watched them struggle against Hermitage until he got hurt.

So…tell me where I’m wrong! 😎🤔

Tell me where I’m wrong! We just saw what a team the level of Highland Springs does to a team like Cosby. The same Cosby team that beat Huguenot. We all saw what Manchester did to Huguenot. They ran the ball down their throat and took the skilled DBs out of the equation, forcing them to tackle instead of playing coverage. do you think Varina is going to line up and run that big running back right at Huguenot? We have all seen what a Varina offense looks like this year with Johnson at QB. The Wyche kid fits that offense better than a pro style pocket passer with a big,slow OL. Quite honestly, I’m not sure if Varina even scores against Highland Springs if Johnson stays in the game. I watched them struggle against Hermitage until he got hurt.

So…tell me where I’m wrong! 😎🤔
You continue the what if game, you compare scores (and got OWNED by me when your team only beat us by 1) and say Varina is better off with the freshman when Linwood has looked like a college prospect these past 2 weeks throwing the football. Let’s be real, you haven’t seen Huguenot live this year. Huguenot’s fans would’ve ran you out of there 😂

You continue the what if game, you compare scores (and got OWNED by me when your team only beat us by 1) and say Varina is better off with the freshman when Linwood has looked like a college prospect these past 2 weeks throwing the football. Let’s be real, you haven’t seen Huguenot live this year. Huguenot’s fans would’ve ran you out of there 😂
I saw Huguenot live against Manchester! Any quarterback in the region would look like a college prospect against Patrick Henry and Cumberland. Come on now…let’s be real! He didn’t look anywhere close to a college prospect against Hermitage, and I was there. He didn’t look like a college prospect against Glennallen. Again…I was there. He didn’t look like a college prospect against freedom. I WAS THERE! The Varina offense is designed to have a mobile quarterback, and he is NOT a dual threat. He WOULD be a college prospect in a different offensive scheme,with a better,more mobile OL. A fast defensive front is going to kill him, and we saw that against Hermitage, and when Highland Springs knocked him out.

Trinity is decent football and normally a better education compared to most public schools. Any idea why there is an exodus? Also, Varina will win by 2 scores+ IMO. No shade at Huguenot at all... as I have said multiple times this year they are a year away from really being in the discussion bc they are practically all underclassman. Next year they will be really good with what is already in pipeline with no additions. However, we all know they will have a few timely additions outside of the AAU pipeline. In two years i believe Huguenot will be one of the best teams in the state across all classification. They are just a year early. I do hope it is a very competitive game I just think Varina is a class above.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I haven't agreed with a lot the decisions this year but I'm very glad they decided to stick with Johnson. Gotta make make that young man feel like the team is 100% behind him if you want him at his best.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I haven't agreed with a lot the decisions this year but I'm very glad they decided to stick with Johnson. Gotta make make that young man feel like the team is 100% behind him if you want him at his best.
you like the decision because you know you have a better chance of beating them with Johnson the quarterback. 🤣

I saw Huguenot live against Manchester! Any quarterback in the region would look like a college prospect against Patrick Henry and Cumberland. Come on now…let’s be real! He didn’t look anywhere close to a college prospect against Hermitage, and I was there. He didn’t look like a college prospect against Glennallen. Again…I was there. He didn’t look like a college prospect against freedom. I WAS THERE! The Varina offense is designed to have a mobile quarterback, and he is NOT a dual threat. He WOULD be a college prospect in a different offensive scheme,with a better,more mobile OL. A fast defensive front is going to kill him, and we saw that against Hermitage, and when Highland Springs knocked him out.
See you don’t be knowing what you’re talking about 😂 when has Varina played Cumberland? I get people make mistakes but you have history of putting out wrong information, never owning up to it and just keep your narrative going when it’s just flat out wrong.

See you don’t be knowing what you’re talking about 😂 when has Varina played Cumberland? I get people make mistakes but you have history of putting out wrong information, never owning up to it and just keep your narrative going when it’s just flat out wrong.
Courtland! Not Cumberland! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Both suk

Trinity is decent football and normally a better education compared to most public schools. Any idea why there is an exodus? Also, Varina will win by 2 scores+ IMO. No shade at Huguenot at all... as I have said multiple times this year they are a year away from really being in the discussion bc they are practically all underclassman. Next year they will be really good with what is already in pipeline with no additions. However, we all know they will have a few timely additions outside of the AAU pipeline. In two years i believe Huguenot will be one of the best teams in the state across all classification. They are just a year early. I do hope it is a very competitive game I just think Varina is a class above.
I’ll say this, Varina is getting a lot of big time athletes out there. Between football and basketball, they have an opportunity to win multiple championships amongst both programs. They’ll 3 peat this year in basketball. Kids want to win and Varina’s rich history of sending kids to P5 schools just solidifies why the Blue Devils are here to stay in contention for a while.

Reactions: mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT