ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Rumors????

last rumor, heard there is some kind of big party down in Greenville on march 22, CASTO is giving away gifts

Riverheads will repeat the next 3 years.. Their JV team was bigger than their varsity team this year ( No Joke). Also, They have a RB in smiley and they have another one coming up from JV even better. Im not a RHS Fan... just telling you whats going to happen.
Not so fast Sussex Central is determined to end this run ! My Tigers will have a say in this !

Reactions: mmqp
Not so fast Sussex Central is determined to end this run ! My Tigers will have a say in this !

For the sake of competition I hope you're right. Your Tigers have the right style of offense to take down the Gladiators.

Reactions: trutiger16
Different classification but isn’t Wise Central running smashmouth football with an undersized group? Look for them to rule Region D next year with Union losing Polier, Ridgeview and Richlands having new coaches, and Graham losing several skill players. This is not a rumor and as Smokey said, write it down, take a picture, idaf....IMO Spread/Option teams are more cyclical than old school grind it out teams. Those “old” offenses do have down years but generally don’t fall off a cliff when a talented group graduates.

It also seems like there is a team from SWVA in 1A that is going back smashmouth but I can’t remember which one it is. Either JI Burton or Patrick Henry GS and they are only in their infancy in committing to it so it will get even better than the results of this year.

Wise does run a single wing style with several RBs getting touches and not airing it out much. They return practically everyone so they will be the M7 favorite. Ridgeview has to replace a coach but if they get the right person there, they'll be very good. Adkins keeps improving from year to year, having the best player on the field wins a majority of the time. Union loses quite a bit but I'm always shocked when they find ways to win games. I figured 2019 would be the 6-4 type rebuilding season but they won eight games and a playoff game and upset Graham at Graham in regular season, so I wouldn't expect Union to fall off a cliff but I can't see them as the Region D winner.

In 1A, PH runs a single wing style offense, grinding it out. They were competitive against Galax and showed they belong but I believe graduation hits them pretty hard. Burton should be solid and a lot more stable, they had all the coaching turmoil before 2019 with Adams being suspended but he's gone for good now. They run a lot of jet sweep offense but they air it out more than a wing T team. Caudill seems to wanna keep that same offense.

@BigWinners, thanks for the breakdown of region D in 1A and 2A. Gotta trust your analysis over mine since you see these teams first hand. I would really like to get an opportunity to see Central this year since it sounds like they are undersized and pounding the rock.

You said PH graduates a good bit? What about Chilhowie, they out performed my take losing so much after 2018? Does Burton bring back most of their key players? Sounds like that’s the top three but wasn’t there a surprise team that ended up making some noise down that way as well? Five more months......can’t wait

@BigWinners, thanks for the breakdown of region D in 1A and 2A. Gotta trust your analysis over mine since you see these teams first hand. I would really like to get an opportunity to see Central this year since it sounds like they are undersized and pounding the rock.

You said PH graduates a good bit? What about Chilhowie, they out performed my take losing so much after 2018? Does Burton bring back most of their key players? Sounds like that’s the top three but wasn’t there a surprise team that ended up making some noise down that way as well? Five more months......can’t wait

Wise will surprise the hell out of you. Very small but extremely physical and deceptively fast. You'll think it's a six yard gain then bam, it's in the end zone. Mullins, the starting QB and DB, was All State at DB as a sophomore, I believe the only sophomore first teamer. He's a dynamic athlete. Crabtree is a fantastic returning RB and Brickey was a down the field threat. They may lose a couple linemen but they return almost all their starting 22 and honestly is probably the 2D favorite depending on how Graham looks, who Ridgeview and Richlands hire and may be who steps up for Union. But Wise has legit aspirations for this first time, they'll be the hunted for the first time.

Someone with more knowledge may can speak on Chilhowie, I'm honestly not sure what they return. PH loses Brown, their leading rusher but return their best defensive player and a big weapon at TE, Rhea, and the younger Brown kid return. Burton will be interesting. They return a lot of their talent, assuming no one tranfers. They will lose their bruising LB/FB Culbertson but they return mostly everyone else I believe at the skill positions and a couple exceptional linemen.

I'm more of a 2D guy as you know, but in 1D, I would peg PH as the favorite with JIB right there. By the end, Burton may be the best team but any 1D team will need to make a big leap if they wanna topple Galax and get a shot at Riverheads.

True but that was against a monster Riverheads defense versus a very young Sussex team.
Curtis said your guys won't hit the weight room in the off season . Looks like this season will look a lot like the last !

I saw on the VHSL website that Surry County is looking for another head coach. Didn't they just hire the last guy?

Was told today, since school has been canceled and the Ring Ceremony canceled , They have decided just to have a DOUBLE RING CEREMONY next March ! This could be a rumor ? lol To all out there , Stay healthy and pray this nightmare ends soon .

Hope you and your loved ones stay safe as well Xcross. It's one thing to bicker on here about sports, but things have been taken to a level that none of us has seen, at least not since 9/11 or the snipers. It's rather sobering and puts life in perspective and my heart goes out to those being personally affected by it. I do have faith things will turn for the better sooner than later and I look forward to the day we can get back to worrying about minuscule things like sports.

Hope you and your loved ones stay safe as well Xcross. It's one thing to bicker on here about sports, but things have been taken to a level that none of us has seen, at least not since 9/11 or the snipers. It's rather sobering and puts life in perspective and my heart goes out to those being personally affected by it. I do have faith things will turn for the better sooner than later and I look forward to the day we can get back to worrying about minuscule things like sports.
Really is a wake up call to what is important. Life is really short and the older we get the faster time passes . We all need to pray for all those affected . I am in lock down. They say I am high risk? So Just feed the livestock and stay inside .
I hope and pray things are back to normal soon, High school football gives me an outlet. Message board has been quite . Since I can't do much I thought I would stir the pot a little . LOL

Reactions: mmqp
Really is a wake up call to what is important. Life is really short and the older we get the faster time passes . We all need to pray for all those affected . I am in lock down. They say I am high risk? So Just feed the livestock and stay inside .
I hope and pray things are back to normal soon, High school football gives me an outlet. Message board has been quite . Since I can't do much I thought I would stir the pot a little . LOL

Better to be safe than sorry, we still go out here, lots of parks in southern Maryland where no one else visits and gets us out of the house. I normally take the metro bus to work but those are nasty on a regular day, let alone now! I'm shocked Virginia has not gone on complete lockdown the way other states have. I hear ya on football being an outlet, I normally have hockey and lacrosse to keep me occupied this time of year but no can do now. But yes, lets hope we can get back to arguing about Riverheads enrollment soon LOL. Take care.

Better to be safe than sorry, we still go out here, lots of parks in southern Maryland where no one else visits and gets us out of the house. I normally take the metro bus to work but those are nasty on a regular day, let alone now! I'm shocked Virginia has not gone on complete lockdown the way other states have. I hear ya on football being an outlet, I normally have hockey and lacrosse to keep me occupied this time of year but no can do now. But yes, lets hope we can get back to arguing about Riverheads enrollment soon LOL. Take care.
Take care , can't wait to stir the pot this fall !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT