ADVERTISEMENT

2023 State Champ Front Runners???

This will be the strongest team he's had. Last year he had 4 kids squatting more than 400. Currently he has 11. 3 of those are more than 500. 2 more are more than 600. Beaver better be ready.....these boys are built different.
I’m sure they have some strong players but you going to have to post videos of 500-600 pound squats for me to believe that…especially 600+. If they doing that kinda weight, might be time to pee in a cup :).

I read on swvasports that one of the Graham kids, I think he transferred from Fort Chiswell last year, broke a Virginia HS weightlifting record. What SWDRules posted don't surpise me. They've always had a solid weight lifting program in Bluefield going back to the 70's with Glynn Carlock who was big into weight training long before most other coaches in the area.

Reactions: 19GHS87
I read on swvasports that one of the Graham kids, I think he transferred from Fort Chiswell last year, broke a Virginia HS weightlifting record. What SWDRules posted don't surpise me. They've always had a solid weight lifting program in Bluefield going back to the 70's with Glynn Carlock who was big into weight training long before most other coaches in the area.
He came from Bland when the program was dropped last year.

Thing is, there are several kids lifting toe to toe with the Bland transfer, or lifting more. Hughes has led the way since he was a freshman in the weight room. Truly remarkable the turnaround since Palmer has taken over. Between the Carlock and Palmer eras, they couldn't get kids to show up, now they stay hungry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT