ADVERTISEMENT

2A Top 10

AntGZee

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
When will the 2A Preseason Top 10 be posted??? I'm looking for Martinsville to be in the Top 2.

I've been waiting myself. Would think it would have to be posted within the next week considering games start at the first of December.

Who do you have in your Top 5 or Top 8? I heard R.E. Lee should be pretty good this year with two 6'7" guys (one committed to Marshall) and i think I seen where the Dogs play them this year. So that will be a good measuring stick I suppose. I don't really know anything about any of the East teams such as George Mason, Bluestone, etc and what they will be bringing to the table this year.

Martinsville, R E Lee, Gate City, Graham and George Mason / Dan River.

I'm not familiar with East Rockingham or Madison County. I have heard the mentioned in posts in past yrs. I'm sure they are probably legit.

How many of those guys on George Masons squad graduated last year? Pretty sure the Tart kid is gone and the real good 3 point shooter....but not sure about the rest of the team.

Bluestone had several really good athletes (Guard they had was super quick)... they just didn't seem to have any discipline or structure to their team....seemed like the coaching could stand to be better. They just seemed to freestyle out on the court and had no purpose to their Offense or Defense.

Beginning our countdown Friday. Combination on why I pushed back the initial start date of the countdown. A lot of coaches were late to get surveys back in this year, but the good thing is we've had more returned this year than any I can remember - so a big thank you publicly to many of the coaches that responded and also read these boards.

Additionally, I've also been transitioning from just writing for this site to becoming publisher back on November 1st. That has included doing more management type stuff while also looking to assemble a staff of people in the future (anyone interested in contributing, doing recaps, etc. - you can e-mail me at hatfieldsports@gmail.com).

Plus, football has had me plenty busy, too.

I'll have a poll up for folks to voice their thoughts on who should be #1 as well as put out links to the teams as unveiled during the countdown...

R.E. Lee(Staunton) is going to be very good this season. They have experience size and depth. Darius George is 6'7 and has committed to Marshall. He is explosive and has help around him as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see George win state player of the year. He is a good kid off the court as well. I see Lee returning to the final four this year. I know that is a bold statement but...they are in a good position to do so.

Also their schedule is tough as well. Lee will play Sherando, Amelia County, Martinsville, Alleghany, and of course the Valley schedule which will include two games each with Waynesboro, Spotswood, Harrisonburg, Turner Ashby, Broadway, and Fort Defiance. The remainder of Lee's non district schedule features games against Buffalo Gap twice, WIlson Memorial twice, and Covington.

How many of those guys on George Masons squad graduated last year? Pretty sure the Tart kid is gone and the real good 3 point shooter....but not sure about the rest of the team.

Bluestone had several really good athletes (Guard they had was super quick)... they just didn't seem to have any discipline or structure to their team....seemed like the coaching could stand to be better. They just seemed to freestyle out on the court and had no purpose to their Offense or Defense.
Mason lost 10 seniors, including all 5 starters and 8 of their top 9 players. It's a rebuilding year for them in all likelihood.

Mason lost 10 seniors, including all 5 starters and 8 of their top 9 players. It's a rebuilding year for them in all likelihood.

Yea that's a tough blow. But alot of teams across 2A seemed to lose alot of players to graduation last year. So it may be a toss up this year. A few young teams may step up and suprise alot of people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT