ADVERTISEMENT

3 Things You Want To Find Out

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
It's almost the end of March which means six months from now we will be near the end of the first full month of high school football. If you could fast forward to the season, what are three things you want to find out? What are you most curious to see?

It's almost the end of March which means six months from now we will be near the end of the first full month of high school football. If you could fast forward to the season, what are three things you want to find out? What are you most curious to see?
1. Who replaces the graduating OL/DL for Salem this fall. (They only return 3/10 starters)

2. I know JF is the benefit game again this year, but I'm curious who the 1st scrimmage is against this year.

3. How much has Amherst improved? they are Game 1.

I know mine all center around Salem, but there are a lot of other things I'm curious about too. Each year brings surprise teams- some good, some bad. Who will be the big surprise this year?

Reactions: CRF4Dan
1. has the west shown that bad ass football can beat the high powered eastern teams? As Phoebus has declined because they cannot intimidate a win, will LT follow?

2. Will the spread teams continue to proliferate or will the balanced pro-set become the next evolutionary step?

3. Who will be the new up and comer? Those Loudoun teams of the past few years have really shown talent and excellent Coaching. Their talent base continues to expand. Are they the new dominant region?

Last edited:
1). Who will be the new Executive Director of the VHSL?

2). What direction will he take this organization?

3). Will LCA be a factor in the football playoffs this year, leading other privates to seriously explore VHSL membership.

1). Who will be the new Executive Director of the VHSL?

2). What direction will he take this organization?

3). Will LCA be a factor in the football playoffs this year, leading other privates to seriously explore VHSL membership.
With LCA's performance last year, I'm thinking it will be next year at the earliest for them to be competitive at the playoff level. I think I saw where the VHSL is dropping them to 3A, not sure if that's for '16 or '17. I think the combination of being in the Seminole and dropping to 3A for next year will show us what to expect out of them going forward. The Seminole schedule will be a good challenge for them and will prepare them for the playoffs if they can win enough. Most people want them to fall flat on their faces, I just think it makes for a good story if they're at least moderately successful. The Millbrook game showed them that this transition will be no cakewalk and they need the Seminole schedule to prepare them for that playoff grind.

Last edited:
1. When will he VHSL finally take charge and get regions to agree (or order) that all regions have a similar playoff structure for football?

2. When will the VHSL realize that six classifications is probably too many and they need to reduce it to five, or possibly four?

3. (This one is for my NR background) This year saw in increase in Loudon-Fairfax inter-county football games. This past season Loudon teams held an edge, while I also think some of the traditional Fairfax powers were a bit down. Some feel Loudon is the new powerhouse area in the NR. Was last year an aberration and this year the tide will swing the other way, or is Loudon football truly on a glide path to overcoming Fairfax's dominance in the NR?

1. When will he VHSL finally take charge and get regions to agree (or order) that all regions have a similar playoff structure for football?

2. When will the VHSL realize that six classifications is probably too many and they need to reduce it to five, or possibly four?

3. (This one is for my NR background) This year saw in increase in Loudon-Fairfax inter-county football games. This past season Loudon teams held an edge, while I also think some of the traditional Fairfax powers were a bit down. Some feel Loudon is the new powerhouse area in the NR. Was last year an aberration and this year the tide will swing the other way, or is Loudon football truly on a glide path to overcoming Fairfax's dominance in the NR?
I found this interesting. The VHSL is a facilitator that works for the schools. The Schools use them to do the tasks they do not want to. A centralization of tedious tasks that is cost prohibitive for schools individually so they pool their resources into a single entity. Essentially, an administrative assistant. The VHSL has no actual power.

The six classifications were created by committee and, IMO, one of the best things the VHSL ever accomplished. The guy from James Monroe, who headed this effort, did a simply incredible job. Not because of the conclusion but because he got everyone to sign off on it. A damn near impossible task considering he had to get all the Regional powers to agree. That's a man I want on my management team.

IMO, the NR becomes the major power in VA. Money. Power. Resources. Like water on rock. Undefeated.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT