Hidden Valley *
Christiansburg 15-9 *
William Byrd 18-7 *
Tunstall 15-7 *
Monticello 19-8 * West Champion

Last edited:
  • 4A NORTH
  • Amherst Co. 20-4 *
  • Fauquier 19-5 * North Runner-up check below in updates---www.Fauquiernow.com/index.php/fauquier_news/entryFauquier-vhsl-strips-Fauquier-of-I
  • E.C. Glass 15-8 *
  • Woodgrove 16-7 *
  • Harrisonburg 16-8 *
  • Jefferson Forest 16-8 North Champion------State Runner-up
  • Sherando 10-14 *
  • Eastern View 9-14 *
  • -----------------------
  • 4A SOUTH
  • Glen Allen 23-3 South Champion----- State Champions
  • Nansemond River 18-5 *
  • Hanover 17-56 *South Runner up
  • Churchland 11-6 *
  • Grafton 13-9 *
  • Deep Creek 12-11 *
  • Denbigh *
  • Powhatan 12-11 * --------------------------------------------------------- *----season complete

Last edited:
3A and 4A Updates MONDAY 6-1----------After 1/2 inning Hanover 6 at Nansemond River 0.---After 5 Deep Creek at Grafton 4-4.---Culpeper at Loudoun Valley postponed to Tuesday at 6:00.---After 5 Hanover 7-0.---After 2 Sherando 2 at Amherst 1.---FINAL Hanover 12 Nansemond River 1 in 6.---FINAL Jefferson Forest 3 Eastern View 2---After 4 1/2 Sherando 4-3; game being played in the rain; At 8:40 game is in a rain delay.----Turner Ashby 1 Staunton River 0 Game stopped in the top of the 3rd because of lighting and will resume Tuesday at 5:00.----Sherando/Amherst will resume Tuesday at 4:00.----I did see that Grafton won 5-4 and will host Hanover on Wednesday.------FINAL Fauquier 7 E.C. Glass 6.------FINAL Monticello 8 William Byrd 7.-------FINAL Kettle Run 9 John Champe 5-------FINAL Powhatan 14 Churchland 1 in 5-------FINAL Christiansburg 9 Tunstall 5------FINAL Lafayette15 Hopewell 3------- I think all other game's were postponed or will be resumed Tuesday.--------------TUESDAY 6-2 Culpeper at Loudoun Valley is postponed again new date TBA.------Scheduled today to resume is Hidden Valley at Rustburg; its in the 3rd Rustburg up 4-3.------After 5 Amherst 6 Sherando 4; Christin Campbell had a bases loaded 2 out single to bring in 2. FINAL Amherst Co. 7 Sherando 4.-------Wednesday at 6:00 Jefferson Forest at Amherst Co.------FINAL Rustburg 17 Hidden Valley 3------Wednesday's 3A West semifinal between Christiansburg and Monticello will be played at Liberty (Bedford) HS starting at 5:30.------FINAL Staunton River 6 Turner Ashby 4-------Staunton River/Rustburg are scheduled to play Wednesday at 5:00 at Tunstall HS---------------FINAL Colonial Heights 16 Thomas Jefferson 1 in 6----------WEDNESDAY 6-3 Today Denbigh and Glen Allen are scheduled to play at 1:30 in their 4A South quarterfinal game; its being played at the Univ. of Richmond. the other two quarterfinals that not have been played are scheduled for today. Clupeper at Loudoun Valley and Harrisonburg ay Woodgrove. Those two might have a hard time getting their games played. Seems that the rain is still over Northern Va.****** I just found out at 11:00 am that the Culpeper/LV game will be played at Fireman's Field in Purcellville. at 6:00. The Woodgrove/HHS game will start at 5:30 at WG HS.******also the winner of the Culpeper Loudoun Valley game will play their semi-final at Riverbend high school tomorrow night against Colonial Heights---------Tonights's Jeff. Forest at Amherst game has been postponed and rescheduled for Thursday at 6:00.--------FINAL Glen Allen 4 Denbigh 0 GA will host Powhatan in the 4A South semifinals next.-------Both 3A West semifinals are being played tonight. Starting at 5:00 is Rustburg/Staunton River followed by Christiansburg/Monticello. Games are at Tunstall HS.----Top of the 3rd Staunton River 3-2; Daniel Scott 2 run single. After 4 Rustburg 6-4; RHS Warren Lamberth hit a 3 run HR. After 5 1/2 Rustburg 6-4. FINAL Rustburg 6 Staunton River 4 SR got two on and 1 out in the top of the 7th but couldn't get anything. Rustburg moves on to the championship game and earns a state semifinal appearance.--------After 2 1/2 Culpeper/LV 0-0; LV pitcher Jack DeGroat has struck out the first 9 batters he's faced. After 5 LV 2-0 2 walks 2 singles FINAL Loudoun Valley 2 Culpeper 0; DeGroat throws a no-hitter with 16K's. That setups a big semifinal match up tomorrow night at Rivebend HS vs. Colonial Heights 21-0 vs. 21-2.--------After 5 Woodgrove 4 Harrisonburg 0. Correction score was FINAL Woodgrove 5 Harrisonburg 1. Woodgrove will now play at Fauquier in a 4A North semifinal.--------After 2&3&4&5&6 Monticello 2 Christiansburg 0 bottom of the 7th CHS left bases loaded. FINAL Monticello 2 Christiansburg 0. Parker Heinemann WP. Rustburg/Monticello for the 3A West Championship on Friday.-------*** I apologize I did not see this score earlier ***FINAL Lafayette 2 Kettle Run 0 The Rams scored two in the top of the 7th; PH John Barton batting with the bases loaded and two out got a base hit to bring in two. WP for Lafayette was Andre Lipcius CG 5 hits and 4K's. Lafayette will play winner of the CH/LV winner.------THURSDAY 6-4 As of 3:00 I have not seen anything on any games being played tonight. The Colonial Heights/LV game is rescheduled for Saturday at 4:00 at Riverbend HS. The winner of that game will host Lafayette on Monday for the 3A East Championship. Hanover at Grafton will be Friday and start at 4:30.-----FRIDAY 6-5 Fauquier plays Woodgrove today at 6:00 at Fireman's field in Purcellville. --------- FINAL Glen Allen 8 Powhatan 2; This game started at 12:30 and was played at Univ. of Richmond. Glen Allen will play the winner of the Hanover/Grafton game which is to start at 4:30 today.---After 2 & 3 Grafton 1 Hanover 0; Hanover scores 4 runs in the top of the 4th. After 3 1/2 Hanover 4-1. After 5 Hanover4-2. After 5 1/2 Hanover up 11-2. FINAL Hanover 13 Grafton 2. Saturday Hanover and Glen Allen will play for the 4A South Championship at 4:30 at RF&P Park Mt. Rd.-------- 3A West Championship: after 1 Rustburg 5 Monticello 3; Rustburg hit 2 HR's. After 2 Rustburg 9-3. After 3 Rustburg 9-4; After 4 Monticello 10-9; Mustangs score 6 in the top of the 4th. After 5 Monticello 10-9 After 6 Monticello 12-10. FINAL Monticello 12 Rustburg 10. Both will move on to the State Semifinals next week -----4A North semifinal: After 3,4,5 Amherst 2 Jefferson Forest 0. After 6 1/2 Jefferson Forest 3-2; In the top of the 7th with two on and two outs JF's Zack Duff hits a 3 run HR to right center. Amherst gets one run to tie it at 3-3; going to the 8th. After 8 3-3 After 9 1/2 JF 5-3 in the top of the 10th Zack Duff hits a two run HR. Amherst coming up in the bottom. Amherst got a runner on first with one out but next two batters KO. FINAL Jefferson Forest 5 Amherst Co. 3 ------4A North semifinal: After 3 Fauquier 5 Woodgrove 4. FINAL Fauquier 5 Woodgrove 4.--------Saturday 6-6 : Fauquier will play Jefferson Forest tonight in the 4A North Championship game starting at 7:00. Just a reminder the other two games to be played today are the 4A South Championship Glen Allen/Hanover at 4:30 and the 3A East semifinal Colonial Heights/Loudoun Valley at 4:00.-----------------After 1, 2, 3, Colonial Heights 0 LV 0. Bottom of the 4th CH after no hits the first 3 innings gets 4 and scores 4 (LV 's Justin Ager is pitching ). After 4 CH 4-0. After 4 1/2 4-4; LV hits two singles and an CH error and scored two; then with 2 outs Sam Urhan hits a 2 RBI triple. After 5 4-4. After 6 4-4 Lohr now pitching for LV, After 6 1/2 4-4 LV had a runner in scoring position with one out. After 7 4-4.extras Top of the 8th LV Hunter Gore hits a towering 3 run HR. LV 7-4 After 7 1/2 LV 7-4. FINAL Loudoun Valley 7 Colonial Heights 4. On Monday LV will host Lafayette in the 3A East Championship. -----------------After 2 Glen Allen 5 Hanover 1. After 4 GA 7-2. After 5 GA 15-2. FINAL Glen Allen 15 Hanover 4. Both now go on to next week's State Semifinals.----------After 2 Jefferson Forest 2 Fauquier 1. Top of the 4th Fauquier's Blaze O'Saben hits a two run single and ties game at 3-3. Then a double by Gavin Cranford gives them the lead 4-3. After 4 1/2 Fauquier 5-3. Bottom 5th Chris Crouch RBI single; Cam Smith RBI 2B now 5-5. Fauquier added two in the 6th; now FHS 7-5 FINAL Fauquier 7 Jefferson Forest 5. Both teams play next week in the State Semifinals.------Monday 6-8 I believe Lafayette at Loudoun Valley are in a weather delay. Game time was to be 6:00. The game did get started and is now 7:25 in a rain delay. After 3 its 0-0. Remainder of game has been canceled because of rain. 3A State Semifinals Friday June 12 3:00 Lafayette vs. Monticello. Then at 6:00 Rustburg vs. Loudoun Valley. Games as is 4A at Liberty University. -----------*******June 10 Fauquier pitcher Ryan Simpson in Saturday's game with Jefferson Forest was found to have pitched in too many innings in a short period of time. So Jefferson Forest was awarded the 4A North Title. Fauquier will still play in this week's tournament. The new 4A Semifinals matchups will now be Fauquier vs. Glen Allen at 9:00. Then at 12:00 it will be Hanover vs. Jefferson Forest.*******--------------Friday June 12 FINAL Glen Allen 6 Fauquier 4 1st 4A State Semifinal.--------As of 2:30 Hanover/Jefferson Forest are in a weather delay. After 5 2-2. After 6 2-2 Bottom 6th JF left bases loaded. After 7 2-2 on to extras. Top 8th Hanover's Hayden Morre hits a 1 out RBI double to put Hanover up 3-2. After 7 1/2 Hanover 3-2. Bottom 8th JF Zack Duff singles then goes to 2nd on a wild pitch then scores on a Camdyn Smith RBI single 3-3. As of 4:10 another rain delay. Game resume around 4:55. Camdyn Smith for JF singles; then Hanover pitcher John Gregory throw ball away trying to pick off Smith who then goes all the way to 3rd. Up next Indiana Hall hits RBI single for the win. FINAL Jefferson Forest 4 Hanover 3.--------- Saturday at 10:00 it will be Glen Allen vs. Jefferson Forest for the State Title.-------------3A Semifinal #1 After 1 Lafayette 1 Monticello 0. After 2 still 1-0. After 3 Lafayette 4-0 they hit 2 doubles. After 4 1/2 Lafayette scores 6 to extend lead to 10-0. After 6 still 10-0 LHS. FINAL Lafayette 11 Monticello 0. Up next Loudoun Valley/Rustburg. Now 8:00 game should start around 8:45.------After 1, 2, 0-0; Jack DeGroat pitching for LV. After 3 LV 1-0; had 1st and 3rd scored on a FC. After 4 LV 5-0; 9 batters came to the plate. After 4 1/2 DeGroat strikes out side he has 11K's. After 5 LV 5-0. After 6 LV 5-0 DeGroat K's 3 more. FINAL Loudoun Valley 6 Rustburg 0. DeGroat struck out side in the 7th. had 17 total. Saturday's 3A Final will be Loudoun Valley vs. Lafayette at 1:00.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say I will not have time to do updates on Friday's semifinals. Four games Friday makes for a very long day. I can give you twitter addresses that should have updates on the games. You should be able to find them on Google or Bing search engines. Glen Allen/Fauquier:@EricKolenichRTD. Richmond Times-Dispatch. Hanover/Jefferson Forest: @hanoversports and @bencates8 Lynchburg Newspaper. Lafayette/Monticello: @MartyOBrienDP and @MonticelloAD his is really good as he usually has a lot of pictures. Loudoun Valley/Rustburg: @LoCoSports and @bencates8. I hope everyone who is interested can find these pages.

Last edited:
3A and 4A Updates Monday 6-1----------After 1/2 inning Hanover 6 at Nansemond River 0.---After 5 Deep Creek at Grafton 4-4.---Culpeper at Loudoun Valley postponed to Tuesday at 6:00.---After 5 Hanover 7-0.---After 2 Sherando 2 at Amherst 1.---FINAL Hanover 12 Nansemond River 1 in 6.---FINAL Jefferson Forest 3 Eastern View 2---After 4 1/2 Sherando 4-3; game being played in the rain; At 8:40 game is in a rain delay.----Turner Ashby 1 Staunton River 0 Game stopped in the top of the 3rd because of lighting and will resume Tuesday at 5:00.----Sherando/Amherst will resume Tuesday at 4:00.----I did see that Grafton won 5-4 and will host Hanover on Wednesday.------FINAL Fauquier 7 E.C. Glass 6.------FINAL Monticello 8 William Byrd 7.-------FINAL Kettle Run 9 John Champe 5-------FINAL Powhatan 14 Churchland 1 in 5-------FINAL Christiansburg 9 Tunstall 5------ I think all other game's were postponed or will be resumed Tuesday.--------------Tuesday 6-2 Culpeper at Loudoun Valley is postponed again new date TBA.------Scheduled today to resume is Hidden Valley at Rustburg; its in the 3rd Rustburg up 4-3.------After 5 Amherst 6 Sherando 4; Christin Campbell had a bases loaded 2 out single to bring in 2. FINAL Amherst Co. 7 Sherando 4.-------Wednesday at 6:00 Jefferson Forest at Amherst Co.------FINAL Rustburg 17 Hidden Valley 3------
Thanks for the other updates. I know Amherst won and plays tomorrow night, but who would the winner of that game play next and where?

Thanks for the other updates. I know Amherst won and plays tomorrow night, but who would the winner of that game play next and where?
They have the 4A a Final scheduled to be played Friday. But Harrisonburg/Woodgrove was postponed again. I think and that winner plays Fauquier I would think on Thursday. If Amherst would win then they would play one of those teams. I believe Amherst would host the Championship game.

Last edited:
Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT