ADVERTISEMENT

3A bball favorites?

May 29, 2001
Norcom has to be in the mix, pending anyone transferring out and/or not qualifying. Booker T. has to be another, George Wythe, Petersburg and John Marshall for sure. Who else out there? Are those the names of programs expected to be holding the trophy come March?

Northside is going to be very good in the West. Everybody back from a final 4 team last year. I'm sure Spottswood will be good again also.

Spotswood will once again be the team to beat out of the West. Northside will be good, as will Cave Spring. My dark horses in the West are Broadway and Western Albemarle, both well coached and both return their whole team from last year.

Looking at Spotswood's schedule, they play Wythe and Armstrong this year among others...we're going to know how they stack up against the East before states.

Spotswood will once again be the team to beat out of the West. Northside will be good, as will Cave Spring. My dark horses in the West are Broadway and Western Albemarle, both well coached and both return their whole team from last year.

Looking at Spotswood's schedule, they play Wythe and Armstrong this year among others...we're going to know how they stack up against the East before states.

Broadway?? Keep it real. They might have a chance to go .500

Broadway?? Keep it real. They might have a chance to go .500
I think you might be surprised by them...not saying they're legit, just someone to keep an eye on. They have all the pieces to make it to the final 4 in the region because of how weak the West is and this year, the top 4 in each region advance to states if I'm not mistaken...don't sleep on Waynesboro either. The Valley is much stronger this year from top to bottom than in the last few years. Spotswood, Wboro, Lee, Broadway, Hburg (young, dangerous, athletic team and new coach that will fit in well there) all are going to be good I think. Fort and TA won't be terrible also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT