ADVERTISEMENT

3A East Bracket

N
I will leave it right here on the table it doesn't matter if you have 3000 kids or 300 kids... if you are the school that puts the best 22 on the field, you should be considered the best!!! and yes that means that sometimes 1A and 2A and 3A schools do just that!
NO! Just no.

The ratings are getting closer in 26/28 Pod

James Monroe - 21.4
Brentsville District - 21.2
Hopewell - 20.6

Less than a point seperate the top 3 here. Even though Brentsville won, their rating went down to their opponents.

Keeping an eye on James Monroe and Hopewell. They are both 1-1 against common opponents (Dinwiddie and Petersburg). 4 of Hopewell's last 5 games are against Division 5 and 6 opponents including Matoaca and Thomas Dale.

Xcellent 25 is a writers poll... Every team in each state get a computer ranking...This is in addition to the state and national rankings. Every team that suits up get a ranking. Tuscarora is currently 23rd in the state and somewhere in the 800's in the national ranking. Ocean Lakes is currently 1st in the state, 44th in the national, and 8th in the Xcellent 25(the writers poll)

22 teams currently in Virginia better than Tuscarora?

Altavista last year would not have beaten LT, and you could have added the best of the seminole. It is absurd to think the Colonels would beat Bird. I have seen football from all over, not a guru but understand football and appreciate it at all levels. This is like saying college's D3 champ could beat FCS or FBS champ, not going to happen!

Altavista last year would not have beaten LT, and you could have added the best of the seminole. It is absurd to think the Colonels would beat Bird. I have seen football from all over, not a guru but understand football and appreciate it at all levels. This is like saying college's D3 champ could beat FCS or FBS champ, not going to happen!

1. Don't know where Altavista beating Lake Taylor was ever referenced...
2. BEAT either was also never referenced (play with... and 28 point spread)
3. Add the Seminoles best? Really? That's funny!!!

Well, since Bird is a higher classification and L.T. beat them last year and you made the comparison between Altavista and Bird, I took a different step. Btw, 28 point spread is not hanging with someone...imo. "Stand for something or else you will fall for anything"
Kuddos to you 5star for sticking to your guns, even though I whole heartedly disagree!

Its not about smaller schools winning against bigger schools... That happens all the time... It's more about the critics that seem to know everything about all the teams in the state, when they have only seen a fraction of them play. That doesn't stop them when they make comparison about one particular team beating up on another...Lake Taylor this...LC Bird that... a 1A team could never beat a 6A team... That's exactly what I expect from a person that has never seen anything other than their own backyard. Simply put, that is unheard of to think that you cannot be the best unless you enroll a higher number. I could find 10 teams in Texas with 500 kids that would punish LC Bird. It only goes to show you that talent is not limited to high population areas. And for that reason, it isn't unreal to think that the best of the best, in fact, could be a 1A, 2A, or 3A team.

Reactions: Keith_Stone33
Well, since Bird is a higher classification and L.T. beat them last year and you made the comparison between Altavista and Bird, I took a different step. Btw, 28 point spread is not hanging with someone...imo. "Stand for something or else you will fall for anything"
Kuddos to you 5star for sticking to your guns, even though I whole heartedly disagree!

I don't think 28 points is sticking with either.. That was just a remark made....

No offense to Franklin County with their huge enrollment but I could find 10 schools between 1a and 2a that would take them to the woodshed, the number of schools that would take it to Ocean Lakes or Oscar Smith would be zero..imo. I have seen from east to west, north and south football all over the state.

Its not about smaller schools winning against bigger schools... That happens all the time... It's more about the critics that seem to know everything about all the teams in the state, when they have only seen a fraction of them play.

Do you not find your attitude regarding Virginia knowledge ironic given that, by your own admission, you have seen five games in Virginia in the last ten years?

Reactions: schoolboard
Yes, I would find that ironic... but that's not what I said... I have been assigned to 5 Virginia games in the last 10 years. I have been to many, many more...I've seen 5 games in the last 10 days...In fact, of the 300 or so public schools in VA, I have been to 250 of them...

Yes, I would find that ironic... but that's not what I said... I have been assigned to 5 Virginia games in the last 10 years. I have been to many, many more...I've seen 5 games in the last 10 days...In fact, of the 300 or so public schools in VA, I have been to 250 of them...
image.jpg

Reactions: catchtds
No one & I mean no one said a smaller school could beat a larger school. Many of us pointed out that the small school champion couldn't beat the big school champion and that the small school i.e. Altavista was not the number 1 team in the state regardless of classification (even if they had those other 2 players).

My 2 cents is the that currently HS football in Virginia is dysfunctional. Unlike other states, somehow regions can set their own playoff format (byes, number of qualifying teams, cross bracket or not to). It should be totally controlled by VHSL and completely standardized. Also you have teams playing in districts that have no resemblance to the playoff region teams. Phoebus at 3a playing all larger schools, Lafayette playing half smaller schools- even a 2a club. This also makes seeding skewed. If you are in 3a or 4a those are the teams you play during the season and your seeding is calculated on.

get used to it the 3A East and 5A South are ahead of the curb - the rest of VHSL Football will be headed in the regional - pod direction in the very
near future

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT