ADVERTISEMENT

3A East Bracket

I wasn't impressed with LC Bird in 2014...I watched them play at Cosby... They were a 2 man show...

Lets just say this... would you rather ride a BEACH TEAM with 2k enrollment over a team like Richlands that had that same amount of enrollment? Point is I would take my chances with the mountain grown boys...
I was agreeing with some of your posts until this. *facepalm*

Lets just say this... would you rather ride a BEACH TEAM with 2k enrollment over a team like Richlands that had that same amount of enrollment? Point is I would take my chances with the mountain grown boys...

That is in direct opposition to everything that you've said throughout this thread.

And most the time you'd lose. I remember one of Pulaskis best teams, they lost at home to a strong heritage team. The horrible weather helped keep Pulaski in the game and they had a chance to win. Heritage went on the next week to win by 50. If Pulaski had found a way to win, they would have won another title. If their game was on a dry field, they wouldn't have had a chance (Johnson and blackstock were beasts).

Reactions: OCBoy
I wasn't impressed with LC Bird in 2014...I watched them play at Cosby... They were a 2 man show...

1 game and you made your decision on the 3x defending state champions. 1 game??? I don't care if its a 1 man show NO ONE has beaten them when it counted most the last 3 years which is in the playoffs.

I will leave it right here on the table it doesn't matter if you have 3000 kids or 300 kids... if you are the school that puts the best 22 on the field, you should be considered the best!!! and yes that means that sometimes 1A and 2A and 3A schools do just that!

please explain how? Just because the East has numbers, that make them faster, stronger, bigger?

All you've talked about in this thread is how enrollment means nothing and how about schools with 400 kids can beat anyone in the state.

Then, the second that you want to make a comparison between Richlands and the Beach, you immediately add the qualifier that Richlands would have to have the same enrollment.

The beach area dominant team of the 90's was Hampton... and then Phoebus took the reigns... Do you think none of the Hampton kids transferred to Phoebus when that took place?

Not sure I understand your point or what this has to do with supporting your argument. Are you trying to confuse us with some weird psychology or Jedi mind trick I'm unaware of? Keep posting though, I'm trying to get to a 1000 posts before midnight and you're making it easy.

I will leave it right here on the table it doesn't matter if you have 3000 kids or 300 kids... if you are the school that puts the best 22 on the field, you should be considered the best!!! and yes that means that sometimes 1A and 2A and 3A schools do just that!

Got it.

The more talented team often wins the game.

Thanks.

No, 1A could never do that with the system that is in place in Virginia, 2A either, 3A - I doubt it, you'd still have to beat teams like Oscar smith but more of a possibility.

I was agreeing with some of your posts until this. *facepalm*
you missed the point... what kinda physical lifestyle do you think the kids of Richlands have? Because I can tell you what I do when I head to the BEACH....

you missed the point... what kinda physical lifestyle do you think the kids of Richlands have? Because I can tell you what I do when I head to the BEACH....
NO ONE GETS YOUR POINT!!
phko4kpHl6uLC.gif

Reactions: mvwarrior
????????? 15 more.

Anyone have any suggestions for post 1000? Lengthy diatribe, more sarcasm, a shout out to all the people that helped to make it happen....

????????? 15 more.

Anyone have any suggestions for post 1000? Lengthy diatribe, more sarcasm, a shout out to all the people that helped to make it happen....

I like sarcasm personally, but hey its your post!!! Have at it.

17 more, make that 16 posts until 1000.

Ill help you out... Personally I think that this years best team is in fact Ocean Lakes... followed by Tuscarora... a 6A and 5A team... Just so happens they are from the higher enrollment ranks

His point is that people that live near beaches enjoy a vacation-type lifestyle so they aren't raised in a physical way.

That's the primary reason that you see so few NFL players come from Florida and California.

haha! funny... I think population has a lot to do with that... not to mention it doesn't balance the same way in the high school ranks...

Have you ever seen Don Bosco out of NJ play? They have an enrollment of 300 kids and have been nationally ranked every year I can remember... And yes it is a prep school... but my point is... I will take quality over quantity anyday...
Yep - I am from NJ and now most of the top 20 teams are preps because as small as they are they can legally recruit the top talent.

Ill help you out... Personally I think that this years best team is in fact Ocean Lakes... followed by Tuscarora... a 6A and 5A team... Just so happens they are from the higher enrollment ranks
Where oh where would the 2014 colonels be listed or 2015 Essex On your list of best teams?

Yep - I am from NJ and now most of the top 20 teams are preps because as small as they are they can legally recruit the top talent.
I seen them 3 years ago against Holy Spirit.... both great teams.... but I also took a little gambling trip and seen Millville play at AC... whoa!!! they were the 2 top teams in their respective divisions at that time and I think William Campbell could have beaten them both... they both enrolled 2K+

Last edited:
Let's see. 2014 State Champions Ocean Lakes, LC Bird and Lake Taylor vs. Magna Vista, Glenvar and Altavista. Five star, I would have given you 28 points with any combination of games. Take your pick. I would bet my last dollar none of the three lower class teams would think they had any chance. No offense to the lower classification teams, but really. I want some of the tea your drinking.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Let's see. 2014 State Champions Ocean Lakes, LC Bird and Lake Taylor vs. Magna Vista, Glenvar and Altavista. Five star, I would have given you 28 points with any combination of games. Take your pick. I would bet my last dollar none of the three lower class teams would think they had any chance. No offense to the lower classification teams, but really. I want some of the tea your drinking.

I'll take the points and Altavista against LC Bird... but minus the points in all the other combos

Richlands doesn't have speed like the good beach teams. All that passing Richlands is doing to those teams out there wouldn't work against a good 757 or Central VA team.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I'll take the points and Altavista against LC Bird... but minus the points in all the other combos
Dr. Phil just announced you would be his special guest on Friday. No way! Tell me the best team they beat from a higher division. I guess you think Northside D-III could have played within 28 points of Dinwiddie 2013. By the way, LT beat Bird 21-20 last year in a hell of a game. Not much difference between those two teams, but you think Altavista could play with Bird. Gotta go, just heard the twighlight zone theme song calling your name.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Richlands doesn't have speed like the good beach teams. All that passing Richlands is doing to those teams out there wouldn't work against a good 757 or Central VA team.
And Rod was just at Richlands vs. Union a few weeks ago, and I'd bet he'd attest to this.

More than occasionally we get those with clear mental deficiencies on the board. Sometimes we even get TV Show worthy. Honey Boo Boo's and Jersey Shores. His 15 minutes are up. Can we let this foolishness go?

Ignoring all the chatter above, I don't think Phoebus has solved the internal turmoil that has held them back for the last few years. I can easily see them getting to the east championship game, but when they face James Monroe, they get beat. JM this year is the best 3a team I have ever seen. I believe they would beat last year's Magna Vista team. JM has speed to spare. Their outside game is nearly impossible to contain. Their offensive line is very skilled. They seldom make a mistake that cost them a play. They are physical on both sides of the line. They play the option, often featuring a jet sweep that is a threat to score on every play.

If the brutal schedule doesn't deplete Hopewell, they will be a factor, but no way they get past Phoebus or JM.

I like Poquoson to be in the final four in the east. They are a fairly good team. And I love their scrappy heritage. Hard to discount those waterman genes. Plus, they have an added incentive. The young fellow that had the scary, career ending injury is something those kids will have as extra motivation. And thank the Good Lord that it appears that he will heal up and be fine. Again, no way they get past Phoebus and JM.

Brentsville seems to be benefiting from a less challenging schedule. I have a hard time buying into the rags to riches turn around for them.

Petersburg lost a lot from last season. JM destroyed them. That says just about all that needs saying about them. York will win a game or two in the playoffs, depending on their seeding. After that, someone eliminates them, big time.

Everybody else is just there because of numbers. Gone in the first game.

DP

More than occasionally we get those with clear mental deficiencies on the board. Sometimes we even get TV Show worthy. Honey Boo Boo's and Jersey Shores. His 15 minutes are up. Can we let this foolishness go?
Wish I could give you ten likes Shanti. Lmao!

Dr. Phil just announced you would be his special guest on Friday. No way! Tell me the best team they beat from a higher division. I guess you think Northside D-III could have played within 28 points of Dinwiddie 2013. By the way, LT beat Bird 21-20 last year in a hell of a game. Not much difference between those two teams, but you think Altavista could play with Bird. Gotta go, just heard the twighlight zone theme song calling your name.

I am a Brookville alum.. But more than just that... I am a fan of high school football... When you have an unbiased opinion on the game in whole, instead of the biased opinions so commonly seen here, you can put everything aside and make a pure judgement. No, I don't think Northside could have played with Dinwiddie, but yes, I do think Altavista could have competed with LC Bird... This is purely watching the talent... I dont have a dog in that fight... But I can see what is directly in front of my eyes at the same time...

I am also a gambling man... and long ago, my bookie said something that struck a cord... he said " American players will never beat the books, because they are too busy betting with their hearts instead of their heads"

Point is get out and watch some teams other than your own!!! Bees have a really good game this week against Amherst... I'm heading to Greensboro to watch Page...

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I am sure this is not in reference to me... 15 minutes? if you think it is about fame, you are wrong..

Ignoring all the chatter above, I don't think Phoebus has solved the internal turmoil that has held them back for the last few years. I can easily see them getting to the east championship game, but when they face James Monroe, they get beat. JM this year is the best 3a team I have ever seen. I believe they would beat last year's Magna Vista team. JM has speed to spare. Their outside game is nearly impossible to contain. Their offensive line is very skilled. They seldom make a mistake that cost them a play. They are physical on both sides of the line. They play the option, often featuring a jet sweep that is a threat to score on every play.
Thank you. Some folks here just don't realize how good JM is this year. It's probably their best team since 2009 (the season they had to forfeit most of their wins and missed the playoffs).

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I am a Brookville alum.. But more than just that... I am a fan of high school football... When you have an unbiased opinion on the game in whole, instead of the biased opinions so commonly seen here, you can put everything aside and make a pure judgement. No, I don't think Northside could have played with Dinwiddie, but yes, I do think Altavista could have competed with LC Bird... This is purely watching the talent... I dont have a dog in that fight... But I can see what is directly in front of my eyes at the same time...

I am also a gambling man... and long ago, my bookie said something that struck a cord... he said " American players will never beat the books, because they are too busy betting with their hearts instead of their heads"

Point is get out and watch some teams other than your own!!! Bees have a really good game this week against Amherst... I'm heading to Greensboro to watch Page...

My cousin won a state title as a WR for the Page Pirates a couple of years ago, but No way in hell Altavista plays with Bird. Bird is too physical for them. Altavista was a cool little story and a good 1A team, but Bird is a different animal.

Reactions: wikki
Pretty cool how time and games seen starts to bring one beyond fan and into the region of objective perspective, isn't it?

That Altavista team had some D1 talent, but I don't see how anyone could think they'd compete with Bird in the trenches.

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT