ADVERTISEMENT

3A East

BigGriff

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 29, 2001
Coming down to the final weeks, who's the leader in each conference?

Conference 25
Park View leading the pack? Lafayette, Warhill?

Conference 26
John Marshall, Hopewell, George Wythe, Armstrong....a really good team is going to be sitting at home come regional play. Wow

Conference 27
Culpeper, JM, Kettle Run, Spotsylvania - JM is on a 6 game winning streak right now and after beating Spotsy by 26 last night, seem to be playing with confidence. The top 2 teams in this bracket get byes into the semi-finals, so JM is looking good for #2 right now. My only request, if Culpeper and JM play in the conference final, can we play at Culpeper Middle? Great venue.
JM finishes the conference with Kettle Run and Brentsville, while Culpeper plays Kettle Run(2x), Spotsy and Brentsville.

Conference 28
William Monroe has had a strong year so far. I know John Champe is 11-3 and Valley is usually strong in all sports.

Could be an interesting regional tournament. That regional bracket could make or break some teams.

Colonial Heights is coming on strong and will have an impact on the conference 25 tournament. A lot of length and athleticism on that team.

Only time Culpeper Middle is used is when they play Eastern View. That place is sold out when they play. JM will play in the high school where Culpeper wants to play better lighting and the fans are very loud in that building. Definitely more of an advantage for Culpeper to play in the High School over the Middle School.

I'm talking district wise. In the past yes it has been a factor come playoff time. With the opening of Eastern View it has affected Culpeper. Since 2009 Culpeper is 68-7 on its home floor...
This post was edited on 2/14 9:32 PM by OCBoy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT