ADVERTISEMENT

3C Region Tourney Bracket w/results

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Broadway out pointed Fluvanna for the 6 seed. Staunton's win over Ft Defiance clinched the 9 seed for them. Top 4 seeds in games vs the rest of the field...Spotswood has 2 wins each vs Staunton, Broadway and TA as well as a 2 pt OT win over Fluvanna. LCA split with Heritage reg season and beat them in the district semi rubber match. Wilson beat Staunton twice while splitting with Charlottesville and TA.

Opening Rd Friday 2/18
Fluvanna 75 Rustburg 50
Turner Ashby 55 Staunton 51

Quarter Finals Tues 2/22
(1) Spotswood 73 (8) Turner Ashby 49
(4) Heritage 71 (5) Charlottesville 65

(3) Liberty Christian 62 (6) Broadway 50
(7)Fluvanna 71 (2) Wilson Memorial 65

Semis Thurs 2/22
(1) Spotswood 66 (4)Heritage 44
(7) Fluvanna 89 (3) LCA 77

Finals Sat 2/24
#7 Fluvanna (16-7)@ #1 Spotswood (17-6)

Last edited:
Reactions: lyhsports
Also worth nothing-LCA lost to Glass twice and beat them in the district tournament. Heritage and Charlottesville both split with Glass. I think that Heritage/Cville game will be great, in my opinion those two and LCA are the best three teams in the region if fully healthy.

Spotswood beat Fluvanna in double OT. TA played Spotswood close both games. It’s hard to beat a good team three times so I wouldn’t be surprised if Staunton or TA knock knock off Spotswood.

I don’t have much faith in Wilson, they started off hot but have fallen off. Losses to Draft and Fort are concerning. I just don't see them knocking off Spotswood or Charlottesville again, or any of the other upper teams. I think Broadway will give them a good game.

Predictions:

#1 Spotswood beats #8 Turner Ashby 61-58
#5 Charlottesville beats #4 Heritage 55-54
#3 Wilson beats #6 Broadway 65-59
#2 LCA beats #7 Fluvanna 68-58

#5 Charlottesville beats #1 Spotswood 60-55
#2 LCA beats #3 Wilson 71-57

#5 Charlottesville beats #2 LCA 65-62

Obviously biased picking Charlottesville but I truly believe the Jefferson was straight up good this year. Also when fully healthy Cville is quite good. We will see.

@blackknight_pride , I agree with your assessment of the field. I'd say LCA is the favorite as defending champ. They can play offense at any pace and they mix in multiple zones and man defense to keep their opponents offense from getting into rhythm. If they are hitting 3's, they'll be tough to beat. Cville has been jeckyl and hyde this year. If they play like they are capable, they can win it but if they don't get off the bus, Heritage will trounce them Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT