1 Lafayette 29.55
2 LT 29.22
*3 Heritage 29.11
4 Grafton 26.55
5 Smithfield 25.33
6 KF 22.77
7 Deep Creek 21.3
8 Denbigh 20.5

*Heritage will go up to 29.33 and into 2nd place no matter who wins the game today between Warwick and Hampton. The Peninsula is all but finished with the only two games left this upcoming week Phoebus vs. Heritage and Hampton vs. Churchland

9 GB 19.22

Reactions: OCBoy
1 Lafayette 29.55
2 LT 29.22
*3 Heritage 29.11
4 Grafton 26.55
5 Smithfield 25.33
6 KF 22.77
7 Deep Creek 21.3
8 Denbigh 20.5

*Heritage will go up to 29.33 and into 2nd place no matter who wins the game today between Warwick and Hampton. The Peninsula is all but finished with the only two games left this upcoming week Phoebus vs. Heritage and Hampton vs. Churchland

9 GB 19.22
Battle for the #1 seed comes down to Heritage, LT, and Lafayette

Lafayette will get points regardless in District and finish at 30.4, IF Huguenot defeats Wythe which is most likely happen and bring Lafayette to 30.6.

Heritage will have to beat 7-2 Phoebus in order to make a push for the #1 seed, but will not get enough points in district since there is only one team in the Peninsula that will be playing also.

Lake Taylor will need work just to tie Lafayette at 30.6 if Huguenot beats Wythe:
First LT will have to beat IC Norcom, Heritage will have to beat Phoebus, Norview will have to beat LCA, and Northeastern will have to win their final game. Northeastern took an unexpected loss to at Hertford Co. last night in a rivalry game which would have provided LT a buffer in case any of these games this week didn't work out. Now in order for LT to tie Lafayette they will need all three to happen. IF they all happen, and Lafayette and Lake Taylor tie then the fact ICN played a 9 game schedule will give LT the higher seed based on the tiebreaker procedures.

Gonna be an interesting week.

Good stuff there Devils. Thanks for this and the other pod update.

And back to back games of Smithfield at Grafton could be interesting.

Like the detail analysis. For Heritage to get past Lafayette for 1 or 2 (if everything falls right for LT) do they need Lafayette to lose at New Kent, who is playing well or can they do it by winning at Phoebus and picking up other points of opponents? Btw - that tie breaker rule of a 9 game opponent is the silliest rule I have heard of- must be a better way!

Like the detail analysis. For Heritage to get past Lafayette for 1 or 2 (if everything falls right for LT) do they need Lafayette to lose at New Kent, who is playing well or can they do it by winning at Phoebus and picking up other points of opponents? Btw - that tie breaker rule of a 9 game opponent is the silliest rule I have heard of- must be a better way!
Yes Lafayette would have to lose to New Kent for Heritage to jump them. Also the 9 game rule is because teams don't have a chance to possibly pick up extra bonus points because the team on their schedule failed to fill their schedule. So, I think its fair why should we be punished for Norcom's mistake?

Yes Lafayette would have to lose to New Kent for Heritage to jump them. Also the 9 game rule is because teams don't have a chance to possibly pick up extra bonus points because the team on their schedule failed to fill their schedule. So, I think its fair why should we be punished for Norcom's mistake?
Hypothetical question then- if Norcom played a 10 th game and lost it, how would that affect the point total for LT?

Hypothetical question then- if Norcom played a 10 th game and lost it, how would that affect the point total for LT?
It would be the same as it would be now. So Norcom is 5-3 right now. If they had lost they would be 5-4. Same points So, then if it was a tie then it would go to another tiebreaker which is average power rating of opponents.

It would be the same as it would be now. So Norcom is 5-3 right now. If they had lost they would be 5-4. Same points So, then if it was a tie then it would go to another tiebreaker which is average power rating of opponents.
That tiebreaker makes a lot more sense than the 9 game baloney. It reflects the strength of schedule which is completely fair and acceptable.

Lafayette, I haven't seen much about Deep Creek, buy I think KF and Denbigh don't offer too much of a problem for you. So 1, 2, or 3 seed, and you will have an easy first week, I think.

I Agree but the one seed has us home theoretically until the east final at your place. The 2 seed after 2 wins at home (hopefully) would go most likely to Dinwiddie on the road in the east semi. The only positive I do see as a 2 is I rather face a new team at home, Heritage NN than a rematch with a surging Smithfield. Beating a good team twice is tough.

Yeah, that's why a first round Smithfield at Grafton rematch is interesting.

I would love to agree with you about the East final at Dinwiddie, but we all know that's presumptive. Of course I hope it comes true, but one game at a time.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Update after Hampton's win over Warwick

1 Lafayette 29.55
2 Heritage 29.33
3 LT 29.22
4 Grafton 26.55
5 Smithfield 25.33
6 KF 22.77
7 Deep Creek 21.3
8 Denbigh 20.5

That tiebreaker makes a lot more sense than the 9 game baloney. It reflects the strength of schedule which is completely fair and acceptable.

68-4-8 Regional Playoff Representation-There shall be two regions for each clas- sification consisting of no fewer than 12 and no more than 16 playoff teams in each region.

(1) District champions will not automatically advance to the regional playoffs. All ties, including seeding ties, between or among any teams eligibile to participate in the regional play-off series shall be resolved by applying the following provisions in the order listed:

(a) The Rating Scale-Considering all regular season games played against public and non-public Virginia schools and scheduled in accordance with the provisions of 68-4-6.

(b) The winner of any games between the two tied teams if only the tied teams are involved. If more than two teams tied, and one of the tied teams beat all other tied teams, that team shall advance.

(c) The team with the better record against all common opponents.

(d) A team that played an opponent with an effective nine (9) game schedule (non-recognized opponent, i.e., home school or out-of-state non-public school, or inability to schedule/play a 10th game) shall be seeded ahead of a school whose opponents play 10 game schedules.

(e) Schools that played an opponent with nine-game schedules shall be seeded ahead of opponents who played 10-game schedules.

(f) The team with the highest winning percentage against rating scale- recognized opponents.

(g) The team with the higher average rating of all of each team's opponents.

(h) The team with the higher average rating of all of each team's VHSL public and VHSL non-public school opponents.

(i) The regional chairman, or his/her alternate if his/her school is involved, shall draw by lot to determine the playoff representative.

(j) The group chairman or vice chairman if the chairman's school is involved, shall draw by lot to determine the playoff representative. Should both the group chair and vice chair be involved in the tie the group secretary would oversee the process.

(2) The rating scale will be used to determine the regional representation.

(3) Seeding for the regional playoff would be based solely upon the final power ratings.

(4) A region may opt to bracket its football championship in two eight-team sections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT