4A East Round 2 #2 EV vs. #3 Chancellor

Who wins

• Eastern View

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Chancellor

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am rooting for EV , took a lot lumps getting started but I would like to see them be successful
EV has to come out with tons of intensity. The defense for chancellor will be a different defense from the first game improved in many areas with some of those injured stars back. Montrez Orange was the bus that won it in the first meeting and he is gone. That sophomore RB Holmes is really coming on strong and getting better each week. EV must limit the turnovers and get the passing game going. I don't think you can stop Chancellor you just have to keep up with them because EV can't afford to spot them an 18 point lead again.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Close until the 4th quarter.. Ev will pull away by 2 td win. This will be a back and forth game ,whoever is more discipline will win the game.

EV has to come out with tons of intensity. The defense for chancellor will be a different defense from the first game improved in many areas with some of those injured stars back. Montrez Orange was the bus that won it in the first meeting and he is gone. That sophomore RB Holmes is really coming on strong and getting better each week. EV must limit the turnovers and get the passing game going. I don't think you can stop Chancellor you just have to keep up with them because EV can't afford to spot them an 18 point lead again.

I'm not sure what stars were missing from the first game on defense? I have read that a few times. It was said #55 (Pen State commit) didn't play. I have rewatched the game, he played in the both halves unless they suited up another 6'5 DE and he wore his number. I'm not sure he was 100% but he looked ok when he was playing. He did not play every down though. I do think they look good on defense and it will be a very physical game as it has been over the last two seasons. EV's Oline will need to play better than they did in the first game. The KG game was a good sign as the Oline played very well. This will be a good game as this has become a bit of a rivalry. I do agree. Montrez will be missed in this game, but Holmes looks like a good substitute and Pollard is a nice switch up back... I doubt the EV QB will spot them an easy 14 this game, so they will have to earn those points.

I'm not sure what stars were missing from the first game on defense? I have read that a few times. It was said #55 (Pen State commit) didn't play. I have rewatched the game, he played in the both halves unless they suited up another 6'5 DE and he wore his number. I'm not sure he was 100% but he looked ok when he was playing. He did not play every down though. I do think they look good on defense and it will be a very physical game as it has been over the last two seasons. EV's Oline will need to play better than they did in the first game. The KG game was a good sign as the Oline played very well. This will be a good game as this has become a bit of a rivalry. I do agree. Montrez will be missed in this game, but Holmes looks like a good substitute and Pollard is a nice switch up back... I doubt the EV QB will spot them an easy 14 this game, so they will have to earn those points.

#55 did not play much at all. Basically went in on third downs and some other situations. He wasn't even close to 100%. Gotta give him lots of credit though because he wanted to be on the field every play. There was also one other D linemen and two O lineman that were completely out that night. I think I said that backwards to someone at some point, but it doesn't matter much. In total, 3 linemen completely out and one DE playing limited reps.

I believe the key to the Charger D is simple. They have worked hard ... very hard and everything is really coming together. They have strength, speed, and work better together at every snap. Not just the D line, the whole D. I kept hearing how the Charger D was suspect but never saw it. They just quietly kept getting better. Folks said KG and their speedy back would run the Chargers over. Heck, KG as a whole didn't get much. I really thought the Powhatan power running game would give the Chargers fits and was told so a couple times. Nope, it didn't happen that way. And in both cases, the opposing QB spent half the night running for his life. I have to chuckle a little though. I see teams focus on trying to stop one of them. Ha .... best worry about stopping them ALL! There are more D1 recruits with everything that brings on that line.

Somebody said up top the the Chancellor O can't be stopped. ChancellorFan can you elaborate on this one? EV did slow them done in week 3 right?

Somebody said up top the the Chancellor O can't be stopped. ChancellorFan can you elaborate on this one? EV did slow them done in week 3 right?
Both teams had several turnovers in that game. EV turned it over in the first half going down 18 and Chancellor did in the second half when EV climbed back in it

I don't believe there is an unstoppable O or a D that can't be overcome. I do agree that the Charger O did not perform well against EV in game three. Maybe their worse performance all year. I think you'd see a completely different level of play today. Like the D, the O has come together nicely and improves with every snap. No doubt EV has too. Friday's game is going to be exciting!

Reactions: OCBoy
#20 is a DB. 55 had actual pneumonia or was sick? Like I said he played in the game in both halves just not every play. #9 and 59 are pretty interchangeable. I think they have just gotten better over the season like good teams do. They are certainly a very good defense either way.

#20 is a DB. 55 had actual pneumonia or was sick? Like I said he played in the game in both halves just not every play. #9 and 59 are pretty interchangeable. I think they have just gotten better over the season like good teams do. They are certainly a very good defense either way.

Go back up and read my earlier post. 55 was not 100% and only played limited downs. Whether he was sick, injured or whatever is a mute point and honestly, his business. I watched the first half of the EV game again last night and counted him on the field 4 or 5 times for a total of 1 play each time. I stand by my earlier post. Although, I had forgotten about 20 being out but there were also two other linemen out besides 9. I know who they are but its not important here other than knowing the Chargers were not healthy in either the D or O line aspects of the game plus had a very good DB out.

I concur that they have gotten better as the year has progressed. Don't take my word for it or anyone on this board though. Go read the Saturday editions of the FreeLance Star after game days. See what the head coaches of James Monroe, KG, and Powhatan say.

Go back up and read my earlier post. 55 was not 100% and only played limited downs. Whether he was sick, injured or whatever is a mute point and honestly, his business. I watched the first half of the EV game again last night and counted him on the field 4 or 5 times for a total of 1 play each time. I stand by my earlier post. Although, I had forgotten about 20 being out but there were also two other linemen out besides 9. I know who they are but its not important here other than knowing the Chargers were not healthy in either the D or O line aspects of the game plus had a very good DB out.

I concur that they have gotten better as the year has progressed. Don't take my word for it or anyone on this board though. Go read the Saturday editions of the FreeLance Star after game days. See what the head coaches of James Monroe, KG, and Powhatan say.

Easy big guy. I get it, EV didn't beat Chancellor. They were hurt, they were out. Gotcha. I'm not disagreeing that they are a very good team. I just think it is being over sensationalized about why they lost to EV. This will be a good playoff game for many reasons. I think these two teams are pretty similar in style and athletes. You have good O Lines going up against good D lines. DB's. WR's etc. All pretty good match ups. EJ stands out for sure. I do recognize on paper the better team appears to be Chancellor but not by much. As always, any game can change on turnovers and emotions. Both teams probably have several players who aren't 100% at this time in the season, most teams do. I think the coaches will decide this one.

Easy big guy. I get it, EV didn't beat Chancellor. They were hurt, they were out. Gotcha. I'm not disagreeing that they are a very good team. I just think it is being over sensationalized about why they lost to EV. This will be a good playoff game for many reasons. I think these two teams are pretty similar in style and athletes. You have good O Lines going up against good D lines. DB's. WR's etc. All pretty good match ups. EJ stands out for sure. I do recognize on paper the better team appears to be Chancellor but not by much. As always, any game can change on turnovers and emotions. Both teams probably have several players who aren't 100% at this time in the season, most teams do. I think the coaches will decide this one.

I'm sorry if I sounded rough. That wasn't my intention. EV did beat Chancellor. On that night, they were the better team. You play with who you have available on game night. No excuses and I hope I don't sound like I was trying to make any. If I did, I apologize. I honestly try to make my posts positive. Guess sometimes the retired MSgt comes to the surface and I sound like it. I apologize.

I stand by a post I made a while ago, I want to see Chancellor and EV play a game when both teams are healthy. Last year, in both games, injuries hurt one or the other. The first game this year, injuries were a factor in my mind. I believe both of these teams are very good. They wouldn't be where they are if they weren't. From what I understand, this may be as close to a game with equal footing as we could hope for at this point in the season. EV is without a running back but the backup is doing great and a couple of those linemen lost early in the year are out for the year and their replacements are doing great. I am actually really excited for this matchup. Both teams have very good Ds and dangerous Os. And lets not forget they have 8 more games each in their experience column. I believe the team that makes the less mistakes will be the one who gets to play next week. Turnovers and penalties could be the deciding factors. This will be a very good stepping stone for the winner to take into the next round for sure. In the end though, it will be the players on the field Friday night that makes that decision.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I sounded rough. That wasn't my attention. EV did beat Chancellor. On that night, they were the better team. You play with who you have available on game night. No excuses and I hope I don't sound like I was trying to make any. If I did, I apologize. I honestly try to make my posts positive. Guess sometimes the retired MSgt comes to the surface and I sound like it. I apologize.

I stand by a post I made a while ago, I want to see Chancellor and EV play a game when both teams are healthy. Last year, in both games, injuries hurt one or the other. The first game this year, injuries were a factor in my mind. I believe both of these teams are very good. They wouldn't be where they are if they weren't. From what I understand, this may be as close to a game with equal footing as we could hope for at this point in the season. EV is without a running back but the backup is doing great and a couple of those linemen lost early in the year are out for the year and their replacements are doing great. I am actually really excited for this matchup. Both teams have very good Ds and dangerous Os. And lets not forget they have 8 more games each in their experience column. I believe the team that makes the less mistakes will be the one who gets to play next week. Turnovers and penalties could be the deciding factors. This will be a very good stepping stone for the winner to take into the next round for sure. In the end though, it will be the players on the field Friday night that makes that decision.
I think you got it....turnovers/penalties will tell the tale. BUT....I still say if it's knotted up going into the 4th, advantage EV. Not because of home field, I just believe they are one of the most (if not the most) fit teams you will find.

@ChancellorFan Can you tell me what happened against James River?

I can give my opinion as to what happened. First, James River turned out to be a lot better than expected. At least a lot better than I expected. They held Chancellor to the least amount of yards experienced this year. And second, I believe the Chargers had their worse performance that night. Plain and simple.

Reactions: mbonape1
No worries. I agree the winner of this game will be well deserving and prepared for round 3...

I think you got it....turnovers/penalties will tell the tale. BUT....I still say if it's knotted up going into the 4th, advantage EV. Not because of home field, I just believe they are one of the most (if not the most) fit teams you will find.

Oh trust me, I know EV is good and dangerous. I am looking forward to a very, very good game!

I can give my opinion as to what happened. First, James River turned out to be a lot better than expected. At least a lot better than I expected. They held Chancellor to the least amount of yards experienced this year. And second, I believe the Chargers had their worse performance that night. Plain and simple.

Thanks for that... That loss makes me a little wary... but you sure looked good against Powhatan last week. Good luck to you Friday night!

unfortunately I made the trip to James River and what I saw was a team that was sleep walking on a Monday night. This is just my opinion but the effort sucked. The special teams were terrible giving up a long punt return inside the 5 that set up 1 score, a punt was blocked for a TD for another score and a pick 6 for a 3rd non offensive score. I will say this, if Chancellor plays the way they did that night again their season will end. Not making excuses but watching that game that night as opposed to how they have played in the other 10 games was an embarrassment. It was so embarrassing that I was going to come on here and call out some folks, however I chose not to and the team has played a lot better since. So I am glad for once I kept my mouth shut.
As for Eastern View, here is the bottom line. They won Game 3 regardless of how anyone sees it. Chancellor will come at them with an intensity that wasn't there game 3. Knowing Coach O you can count on that. Whoever makes the most mistakes will lose. Eastern View is a top 5 team in 4A as is Chancellor this is the marquee game of the week in 4A.

unfortunately I made the trip to James River and what I saw was a team that was sleep walking on a Monday night. This is just my opinion but the effort sucked. The special teams were terrible giving up a long punt return inside the 5 that set up 1 score, a punt was blocked for a TD for another score and a pick 6 for a 3rd non offensive score. I will say this, if Chancellor plays the way they did that night again their season will end. Not making excuses but watching that game that night as opposed to how they have played in the other 10 games was an embarrassment. It was so embarrassing that I was going to come on here and call out some folks, however I chose not to and the team has played a lot better since. So I am glad for once I kept my mouth shut.
As for Eastern View, here is the bottom line. They won Game 3 regardless of how anyone sees it. Chancellor will come at them with an intensity that wasn't there game 3. Knowing Coach O you can count on that. Whoever makes the most mistakes will lose. Eastern View is a top 5 team in 4A as is Chancellor this is the marquee game of the week in 4A.

Hey Man... Its high school football sometimes teams don't show up... Just as long as it doesn't happen again. Your right it is a huge matchup. Not sure if it is bigger than the other ones though. There are some huge matchups in 4A East on Friday plus I think the Amherst / Dominion game is big on the west-side. At this point they are all important. If your a Chanc or EV fan then your right there is no bigger game this wee

Yep, I was there too. Worse performance of the year. But man, sure hope I wasn't on the call out list!

LOL, No Chancellor fan you had no part in that debacle! I would have hated to be in that locker room Tuesday

@ChancellorFan Can you tell me what happened against James River?
I'm not making excuses for Chancellor but wasn't the JR game the week they played on a Monday night and turned around and played @ JR that Friday? I can understand if they put all their preparations into that Courtland game that Monday considering it was a rivalry game. Not sure but also I believe Chancellor was up on JR 21-0 or something if I read it right. Regardless I think Chancellor is a very good team. Even I had doubts about their defense in the beginning of the season but it looks like it has came a long way.

Reactions: mbonape1
I'm not making excuses for Chancellor but wasn't the JR game the week they played on a Monday night and turned around and played @ JR that Friday? I can understand if they put all their preparations into that Courtland game that Monday considering it was a rivalry game. Not sure but also I believe Chancellor was up on JR 21-0 or something if I read it right. Regardless I think Chancellor is a very good team. Even I had doubts about their defense in the beginning of the season but it looks like it has came a long way.

Chancellor played @ JR on Monday and Courtland on Friday. Short week but they should have been ready for JR. It just wasn't a good performance for the Chargers. But you have to give it to JR. They're a good football team in their own right and they did what good teams do.

Yeah but here is James River's losses
TD 33-9
Bird 41-7
Mon 42-0
Freeman - 31-14.
With the exception of Bird none of the other losses are to teams in the top 5 in the Richmond area. JR beat Chancellor 44-21 I think?
But if your telling me it was just a bad bad game... based on your performance against Powhatan, I'm back on the train!

Don't think it really matters what has been done in any other game this year. Different atmosphere and mindset with this one. I'm. Looking for a great game decided in the 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT